Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawberry Fields

Default Re: Strawberry Fields

^

Haha... They actually pulled one of the graphics I created.

The first building in this development was to start this summer, the 5-story office and condo building:

http://www.strawberryfieldsok.com/orndale-28/

I have not seen any hint of movement. No permits filed, etc.

Hope it still happens but they have a lot of hoops to jump through before any real work would start.

Blog Entries

They made a social media post about a mural on one of their existing building like that's some indication of progress.

Default Re: Park West (code name)

One of the lots across 5th street from here just got listed for $1.2MM. An identical lot adjacent to it was bought by the Strawberry Field group about 2 years ago for $800,000.

I feel like if strawberry fields is closest to making something happen, it will be on this little block of parcels. They just paid $1.7MM last month for the corner lot of SW 6th and Walker.

Land value here is getting insane with the park and general expanding of downtown.

^

I'm in the process of updating who owns what in that area west of the park.

It's surprising how little the Strawberry Fields people own in those two blocks closest to the park.

I'll post the graphic a bit later.

I'm amazed how much land is going for in that area. They've got to have a plan, since they're spending so much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I'm in the process of updating who owns what in that area west of the park.

It's surprising how little the Strawberry Fields people own in those two blocks closest to the park.

I'll post the graphic a bit later.
    Yes, I check on this periodically, and I don't see how Strawberry Fields is ever going to happen [as something close to the master plan] with these land costs. And if it does happen, it will have to be insanely expensive to live/rent/business here.

Here is what they have in yellow per the County Assessor:

^

Thanks for posting that.

Yep. they don't many of the properties between Dewey and the park, which is of course the most desirable.

However, they could have deals with some of those property owners to buy or jointly develop.

Took this over the weekend.

The area being cleared at the lower left is owned by Mazaheri; same group that owns the Lumberyard and the old Bodyworks site in Bricktown where the Canopy Hotel development has stalled.

This lot was used for construction vehicles and materials and was a mess. I don't think they are planning anything there in the near future, just doing some cleanup.

Here is another map that shows the Strawberry Fields ownership in yellow and their own development boundary in red.

11. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

I know this take is nothing new and I have no insider info but I have a gut feeling they are going to acquire as much land as they can, then package it up and sell it and make a good profit.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I know this take is nothing new and I have no insider info but I have a gut feeling they are going to acquire as much land as they can, then package it up and sell it and make a good profit.
    At the prices they're paying, I'm not really sure that's feasible.

I just don't see how the market justifies those prices or how it will justify the future prices... It is so much land, relatively open land.

Most of these lots are people's lottery tickets. Some of them were inherited and held onto. A good chunk exchanged hands in the early 2000s and were bought for just handfuls of thousands of dollars. Bought by smart investors and businesses that saw what was going to happen. Especially with the I-40 realignment knocking on the door.

One of the tiny parcels that Strawberry Fields just purchased for almost $1 million, changed hands just 4 years ago for $270,000. Nice little profit for a vacant slab of land.

^

Very similar to what Chesapeake did under Aubrey McClendon for the better part of a decade.

And ultimately, even after holding them for quite a while, almost all were then sold off for a fraction of what was spent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Very similar to what Chesapeake did under Aubrey McClendon for the better part of a decade.

And ultimately, even after holding them for quite a while, almost all were then sold off for a fraction of what was spent.
    More like what he did with leases than real estate.

Looks like the Strawberry Fields group is trying to raise investment money for three different projects; Orndale 28 is the building they had previously announced and said it would start in summer of 2018.

https://www.strawberryfieldsok.com/

Marketplace

Lucy

Orndale 28

These are great fresh designs. Hope this comes to fruition.

I saw they are looking for a minimum investment of $100k. I tried reaching out last week and haven’t gotten a reply. If you know how I can get in contact with them please let me know Pete. Thanks

Glad to see this gaining some traction. I was driving through some of the streets west of Scissortail Park and it was incredible to see how closed off and ignored that whole area is. Any word on the timeframe of these projects?

HangryHippo Guest

I love the Marketplace and Lucy renderings.

Love the existing building stock reuse in those Marketplace renderings.

This is a sign that will go up facing the park just to the south of Social Capital.

I messaged them about when these buildings were to start construction and they indicated they are in the works so hopefully they start soon! All of these buildings could be a boon to the area. Perhaps the city could commit matching TIF funds if this development group puts up half to reconstruct every street in this like P180.

Thread Information