Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
And in fairness to Midtown Renaissance, they have done a ton of small things along Walker recently, such as adding the additional retail in Plaza Court (Insomnia Cookies, etc.), added the new patio at Stella, converted the old Meg Guess space to three different commercial tenants, even adding the patio for McNellies.

However, they still own a bunch of very big holes in Midtown and even if they continued on their aggressive pace it would be a long time before most of it was built-out. Therefore, this slowdown along with abandoning the car dealerships and sitting on the key downtown parcel has me concerned that we are going to have those scars for longer than I or most people would like.

And as far as their residential, it seems for the first time in the many years they have brought new units on the market, they actually have a bit of vacancy as you see 1-2 units available in many of their projects.

At the same time, they are charging at the very high end of the rental spectrum and it's amazing to me they have gone this long without even needing to try to rent their units.
I had 3-4 months left on my lease and recently needed to get out, and they were able to have someone take it over within 48 hours. I'd be curious to know if they raised rent on the new tenants.