Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: The Collective

1. Default Re: The Collective

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Couple of questions:

Is live music just random or is it just certain days/nights that they have it? Saw various dates that they mention it on their FB page, and seems kinda random.

Another FB post from July said their A/C has been out for months, can anybody confirm/deny that they currently have A/C?

Thx...
    AC is working. Can't tell you about music.

Default Re: The Collective

Music they have a dj sometimes. other times it's a playlist going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Music they have a dj sometimes. other times it's a playlist going.
    That's cool, better than the loud, live, not-so-great band we had to endure last time we were there and they had all the doors open.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Molly's Tamales just opened in The Collective:

https://www.facebook.com/poptamale
    The Collective needs to do better. They don't even have them listed on their website, and the link to Mozz & Mari's menu has 8 kinds of pizza listed, but apparently they've scaled down and only serve plain, pepperoni, one other, and a pizza of the month. Who knows how many other menus are outdated on their website... We were going to try Mozz & Mari, but they didn't have any of the slices we wanted, so we were going to do Edie's instead, but I'm on call this week and got paged before we could decide what to get there. Going to try Edie's next week, though...

We like to do a little bit of research before we eat out someplace new, maybe we're in the minority, but we don't like to just show up someplace and then have to figure out everything on the menu, we like to have a semi-plan in place with some backup options...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That's cool, better than the loud, live, not-so-great band we had to endure last time we were there and they had all the doors open.
    That's thursday night.

Went here last night for what we thought would be our last time in a while to try Press Waffle Co. (have eaten at all the others and none really are worth repeat trips except Edie's), but saw Libbie Lou's in the spot between Fried Taco and Press. Talked to her for a bit and found out she was born in NOLA and grew up in Baton Rouge, so she has both Cajun and Creole "roots". Also makes everything by hand, should get alligator in next week for gator tacos. She's also waiting to get some Gulf shrimp. I'm hoping we finally have a good Cajun/Creole place, since pretty much none of the existing ones come anywhere close to the places we've eaten at in NOLA over the years...

Blog Entries

I was reading a NYT article about former OU and PGA player Anthony Kim. The article says he and his wife own The Collective (which I assume means he is part of the ownership group). That may have been mentioned in this thread but I thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I was reading a NYT article about former OU and PGA player Anthony Kim. The article says he and his wife own The Collective (which I assume means he is part of the ownership group). That may have been mentioned in this thread but I thought it was interesting.
    He has money to burn with that insurance policy

Yes, Anthony Kim was the main investor from the start, although some of the other players changed after it opened.

Kitchen 1907 has opened in the Collective.

They feature Indian tacos and other fry-bread dishes.

I saw a wing place coming in too, stranger wings. Couldn't find any internet presence from them though.

Thread Information