Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

SWA doesn't fly nonstop from here to SAT? Balls, that throws a wrench in a plan I had for this summer.

2. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post

OKC has nonstop service to every major city in the United States except Miami.
    BOS seems like a big hole to me, too.

I'm still shocked we don't have a nonstop to Austin

HangryHippo Guest

I'd love to see flights to 1) New Orleans 2) Philly 3) Boston and 4) at least one of San Antonio/Austin.

5. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Thanks. Do you happen to know the source or metrics used by the airport? I ask because the internal data at United is different than the data reported by the airport. For example, United's internal data is broken down into several types of passengers (revenue, company business positive space, non revenue space available, etc.) and over all of the months I have personally compiled United's internal numbers, I can never get an exact match to what is reported by the airport authority. I won't disclose any numbers but they do differ by a significant margin.
    Sorry for not catching this question before, didn't receive a notification about it. Stations usually report that info and it includes revenue and non-revenue passengers. Would be curious to know if United's internal data, for those two categories, matches our reports.

6. Default Re: 2016 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    So it seems MCO is our winner! Welp, been tried a few times with little success, so I am guessing the others behind MCO aren't going to see n/s service anytime soon. Would love to see AS upgauge the SEA flight to mainline and add a Skywest E jet flight to PDX...same set up as STL has going right now. Although they have about a million more in area population to support it, so probably not something we'll see soon. I had heard SEA was the leader and that is why AS came in with the Skywest n/s service...and from what I understand it does well. So with SEA knocked off the connection list, I just was wondering what the largest untapped n/s market was from Will. Thanks.
    Yes, MCO was the winner as of 1Q 2016 with 109.8 PDEW. But it looks like SWA is testing out a nonstop to MCO as of 4-3-2017.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	okcmco.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	13418

Thread Information