Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossings Church Edmond

Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

I have an acquaintance who attends the Edmond location. Actually, he and his wife, children, and grandchildren... they all attend. He is a barber in Edmond, and I would not say he is well to do or has the most attractive appearance. That being said, from what I've heard (and I do not personally attend Crossings), they accept people of all walks of life, and you do NOT need to have money or looks (or what have you) to attend there, at either of their locations.

I don't attend anywhere regularly, but I've been to Crossings on Portland for events (such as an honor society ceremony for my son). I always felt like I was walking around an airport terminal or something. Not a complaint. I was just shocked at the size and layout of the campus. Is the Edmond location similar?

Reading through some of the old posts in different threads that are showing up from the political section, there seems to be a bit of a "**** on Christians and/or religion" thing going on at times.

4. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I don't attend anywhere regularly, but I've been to Crossings on Portland for events (such as an honor society ceremony for my son). I always felt like I was walking around an airport terminal or something. Not a complaint. I was just shocked at the size and layout of the campus. Is the Edmond location similar?
    Edmond is similar in design but is just a sanctuary that seats about 2000, classrooms and a few administration offices. They’re already outgrowing the 2000 seats. It should have been built bigger but Crossings is big on never being in debt, not always asking for money, and spending conscientiously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I go to Crossings occasionally but mostly to the Catholic Church. Crossings at first seemed very large and impersonal .... until I got to know it better. I admire their commitment to outreach to the various communities of need with health clinics (on Penn), school outreach programs, and any number of programs for support to those less privileged, regardless of their faith affiliations. I have gotten to know Marty Grubbs pretty well and admire what he and the organization does, and have done from the beginning. They are committed to the community through faith, education, health and well being. There is no litmus test for income, occupation, race, age, gender identity, etc. You may or may not like their religious doctrine, but it is hard to not be a fan of what they do in our communities.

The Edmond Campus is planning to add another 8500 square feet starting in October.

Thread Information