Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Default General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Live Chat @ Weather Spotlight | NWS Norman (OUN) | Storm Prediction Center | Mesonet | West TX Mesonet | NWS OUN Fire Weather | Road Conditions

Current Conditions
    [hr][/hr]
    Air Temperature Dewpoint Winds Rainfall Last 24 Hours
    [hr][/hr]
    Advisory Table NWS Norman Warning Area NWS Tulsa Warning Area
    • Tornado Warning
    • Tornado Watch
    • Severe T-Storm Warning
    • Severe T-Storm Watch
    • Blizzard Warning
    • Blizzard Watch
    • Winter Storm Warning
    • Winter Storm Watch
    • Ice Storm Warning
    • Red Flag Warning
    • Winter Weather Advisory
    • Wind Chill Advisory
    • Wind Chill Warning
    • Freezing Rain Advisory
    Other Color Meanings:
    Web-Based Watch/Warning/Advisory Map Colors - NOAA's National Weather Service
    [hr][/hr]
    Radar & Satellite for Oklahoma
    [hr][/hr]
    [hr][/hr]
    Severe Weather Outlooks & Products
    [hr][/hr]
    Day 1 (Today) Outlook Day 2 (Tomorrow) Outlook Day 3 Outlook Outlook for Days 4 through 8
    [hr][/hr]
    National Advisory Map SPC Mesoscale Discussions (MCD or MD) Regional Live Lightning Image

SPC Watches

Additional information is always available via:
    http://www.weatherspotlight.com/
    Including the side-by-side model comparisons per run time. Lightning image is © Blitzortung.org. Mesonet maps are all © of the Oklahoma Mesonet / OU Board of Regents.

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

New thread for September.

Things looks like they may get more exciting heading into the early middle of this month. Hints of unsettled pattern showing up beginning around Labor Day.

Blog Entries

Saw a high of 80 forecast on one of the local channels last night for about a week out. That would be NICE.

Anon,

Has venture moved now? I know he was talking about it and don't see him much around the weather threads anymore....maybe everyone else knows and I just wasn't paying attention

I believe he has he's been posting mostly Ohio Weather related things on Twitter as of late.

If there had been a more general "bon voyage" for him then I regret having missed it!!!

Anonymous does a great job but I know we will all miss Venture's input on Oklahoma weather.

8. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

My apologies for being absent for so long. Life is slowly getting to a point of normalcy after the move, but free time is still coming at a premium. I'll definitely try to contribute more as we enter into the fall severe weather season here soon. Leaves are already changing up this way, even though it is hotter than it has been all summer (go figure), so I'm still trying to get my bearings on everything. I promise to do better!

Yea I figured he would come back in time for the severe weather events in the fall!

You will have to PM me that wiki script you use for the top of threads, because I couldn't find any source info from your previous ones.

10. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

You should be able to just copy/paste. It is too large to send in a PM...so i'll need to figure out a way to get it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    My apologies for being absent for so long. Life is slowly getting to a point of normalcy after the move, but free time is still coming at a premium. I'll definitely try to contribute more as we enter into the fall severe weather season here soon. Leaves are already changing up this way, even though it is hotter than it has been all summer (go figure), so I'm still trying to get my bearings on everything. I promise to do better!
    Was unaware you moved. Seems like a lot of people I know leaving Oklahoma. Best of luck in Ohio, I visited once for a few weeks. Neat part of the world.

Showers and thunderstorms developing now along boundary in SW to N OK. This will increase in coverage heading into nighttime and sweep across state.

Models suggest anywhere from 1-2" for most locations, heaviest in the NE parts of the state.

Storms are getting pretty serious around OKC.

Looks like the storms fired up just east of OKC South metro and Moore missed out on the rain.

A radar look at a severe storm with a gust front approaching Stillwater at 1:34 AM, Sept. 11. Once again, the north side of town was hardest hit, especially the airport. Wind gusted up to 70 mph there. Some residents lost power and it was well into the morning before it was restored.
    Five OSU aircraft damaged in overnight storm - Stillwater News Press: News

Models develop quick moving thunderstorm cluster from NW to C OK late tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Models develop quick moving thunderstorm cluster from NW to C OK late tonight.
    Well, it developed... just later than I thought.

18. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

It was loud this morning in Norman. Lots of lighting and thunder. Dog wasn't too happy.

HangryHippo Guest

You should be able to just copy/paste. It is too large to send in a PM...so i'll need to figure out a way to get it to you.
    Venture, very bummed to hear you moved. Where do you reside now?

20. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Venture, very bummed to hear you moved. Where do you reside now?
    Back in Ohio now. 15 years in Norman seemed like a good number to call it good. Plus the stars aligned both personally and professionally to make it possible right now. I'll try not to brag about the wonderfully cool nights and amazing weather we've had recently. Plus fall colors are already starting to pop on some trees, so I'll have to share pictures when we get into the peak.

21. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Back in Ohio now. 15 years in Norman seemed like a good number to call it good. Plus the stars aligned both personally and professionally to make it possible right now. I'll try not to brag about the wonderfully cool nights and amazing weather we've had recently. Plus fall colors are already starting to pop on some trees, so I'll have to share pictures when we get into the peak.
    Admit you'll miss the severe weather!

HangryHippo Guest

Well, sad to hear you've left us, but I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying being back in Ohio. And equally glad you're still active on OKCTalk.

23. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - September 2015

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Admit you'll miss the severe weather!
    Haha...of course I will. Plus I'll actually miss the TV mets that are down there compared to up here. Ugh. Never thought I would miss Payne and Morgan's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Well, sad to hear you've left us, but I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying being back in Ohio. And equally glad you're still active on OKCTalk.
    Yup, intend on remaining active here as much as I can. Plus it allows me to pull ideas to drop in the ears of local Pols up here since I'm a bit more politically connected here.

Plus it allows me to pull ideas to drop in the ears of local Pols up here since I'm a bit more politically connected here.
    Ha! Made me think of John Wayne in one of his movies telling two youngsters what not to do in a fight. "There'll be none of this. Don't do this. Never do this!"

SLIGHT risk for severe storms from WC OK to C OK to NE OK, today.

Looks like storms will continue to develop along the boundary in W OK as it slowly sags south and east. This will bring storms into C OK heading into late this afternoon and evening. Some of these have the potential to be decently rowdy, given we should see very hot and windy conditions ahead of the front.

Models develop another wave late overnight into tomorrow morning that basically sweeps from WC to C OK and slides south and east Saturday morning.

Overall totals are anywhere from half to 2 inches of rain depending on storm intensity and track. Model spread paints about 1.5" for OKC through the weekend.

Thread Information