Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatch

Auto Alley Hatch

Provision Concepts, which opened its first restaurant less than a year ago, announced plans to open Hatch, a breakfast and lunch restaurant to be located in the historic Buick Building on Automobile Alley.

Hatch will take the space directly north of Provision's Broadway 10 Chophouse. Their other concept, the intimate and stylish Sidecar Barley & Wine Bar, is just across the street in the Pontiac Building.

"We asked ourselves what else does the community need, what voids could we help fill?" said Beth Simpson, General Manager and Partner of the forth-coming restaurant. "With all the business & residential coming back to the core, we thought Hatch would be good for the community. We've learned from Midtown Renaissance, our landlords, that the more 24 hour a day opportunities there are for a neighborhood, the more likely it is to thrive. British Petroleum is moving in across the street in the Pontiac Building this fall, The Metropolitan is soon to open 300 units down the street on Oklahoma, GE placed a $100 million dollar bet on OKC at Walnut & 10th - it just made sense," she said.

"We have high ambitions," said Jeff Dixon, CFO for the hospitality group. "We want to continue to contribute to Oklahoma City's economic and urban renewal that has been getting buzz from around the country. I've traveled a bit lately, and OKC is starting to be noticed.”

Aaron Soward, the team's CEO agrees. "The travelers I visit with inside of Broadway 10, who dine with us, are impressed. We feel humbled by the acceptance of our contributions thus far - looking forward for what lie's ahead, like Hatch and others."

The menu will be a mix of classics and thoughtfully prepared twists, such as chicken fried eggs. Several Benedict dishes will be offered as well as pancakes hot of the griddle and special biscuits and gravy. A full bar will feature such cocktails as a Bloody Maria, Dirty Banana and simple Bailey's and coffee.

Brian Fitzsimmons has been engaged as architect and designer. Fitzsimmons also designed the stunning interiors of Broadway 10 and Sidecar.

Hatch will be full service and serve breakfast and lunch with tentative hours of 6AM to 3PM seven days a week. There will also be grab & go items and free directly adjacent parking.

Substantial outdoor seating will be added along Broadway and on a new covered patio to the north. Work should start around the first of the year.

Default Re: Hatch

Here comes the breakfast places!

Kitchen no. 324 was the first to step into the void now you have The Diner (6th & Classen), Nic's Diner, Hatch and they are getting close to a deal at the Tower Theater for a breakfast and lunch spot. Others in the works as well.

Blog Entries

Thank you, jeebus. Moar plz.

4. Default Re: Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here comes the breakfast places! .... now you have The Diner (6th & Classen).
    First I have heard of this and I drive Classen daily... Have any more info?

5. Default Re: Hatch

Nevermind Pete... I found this.... Diner to anchor development on Classen Boulevard | News OK

I'm really loving all the dining options that are opening up within walking distance from where I work.... Just a few short years ago I didn't really feel safe walking to my car.

Beth Simpson mentions the need for more 24 hour services.... do they plan on moving to 24 hour / late night diner once they get their feet on the ground?

Excellent! This will be a hit. This is exactly what AA/Midtown needs.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Beth Simpson mentions the need for more 24 hour services.... do they plan on moving to 24 hour / late night diner once they get their feet on the ground?
    No she was highlighting the fact that the neighborhood needs to be active 24 hours a day; not that this operation needs to be 24. There is no need to run a breakfast diner 24 hours a day. IHOP will cover downtowns late night drunk pancake offering.

Nothing wrong with closing at 3; many breakfasts spots do the same.

Love this.. would also love a Great 24 hour breakfast spot like 24 in Austin or Magnolia in Austin. both great places anytime of day or night!

No plans to be open 24 hours.

thought this was going to be about green chiles...

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    thought this was going to be about green chiles...
    OkieHornet,
    So did I! They just happen to have hit the market in the last few weeks. Of course I bought a bunch.
    C. T.

Pete, with work beginning at the first of the year, when can we expect this to open?

March or April?

Sometime in spring.

It's an old building that is going to need some massaging.

Really key and highly visible spot as you approach AA from the north. Will make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    OkieHornet,
    So did I! They just happen to have hit the market in the last few weeks. Of course I bought a bunch.
    C. T.
    First thought for myself too. A Denver Omelet with Hatch chilies would be pretty good. A good breakfast can really set you for an upbeat day. I wish then well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Love this.. would also love a Great 24 hour breakfast spot like 24 in Austin or Magnolia in Austin. both great places anytime of day or night!
    I was about to say this as well. This is one thing that is common in other cities but is still missing in OKC. Would love it if one of these breakfast restaurants decided to be open late night at some point. There really isn't much here to fill that niche besides the Bricktown IHOP. I really don't blame these restaurant operators for not wanting to be open to serve the post 2am bar crowd (it can get rowdy) but if just one of them did, I think it would be successful.

Just thinking about this area and it would be great to see the lot east of the Garage Lofts developed into mixed-used condos/apartments. Anyone know about that land? There was also a public process to do something with several lots on 9th street probably 5 years ago and then nothing ever happened. I just think more housing could help AA take off...

They are working on Hatch now. I walked by today and they were removing some material.

19. Default Re: Hatch

The were here at Sysco last week. The food looked great! I think this concept will fit nicely.

20. Default Re: Hatch

A collage images from their Sysco visit a few weeks back:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12346511_1014927191882815_8649725117567384114_n.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	11921

Looks like they have some work left to do still...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151207_140005.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	11922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151207_140011.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	11923

Construction hasn't started yet. The plan was always to start after the first of the year and that is still on track.

Just spoke to them about this today, in fact. Going to be very cool.

As we reported in August, Provision Concepts -- proprietors of Broadway 10 and Sidecar -- will be bringing a new breakfast and lunch concept to the Buick Building in Automobile Alley.

Work will be starting soon and the design by Fitzsimmons Architects features modern elements as well as outdoor dining areas.

Hatch will offer traditional and unique breakfast and lunch items as well as a full bar.

Opening should be in the second quarter of 2016.

Great! Perfect location and concept

Thread Information