Widgets Magazine

Thread: Wichita builds a new terminal and rebrands itself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Smile Wichita builds a new terminal and rebrands itself

I think this is what OKC 'SHOULD' have done, from what I can see Wichita hit a home run with their new terminal. Interestingly, they didn't go all crazy and over build but instead focused on quality and passenger experience.

Wichita Eisenhower National Airport here.

Take a look at the baggage claim. OMG!

Anything Oklahoma City Will Rogers World Airport can learn or do better given the excellent job our friends to the north have/are doing?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Wichita builds a new terminal and rebrands itself

I agree that the luggage claim areas is very nice, as is the entire terminal in Wichita. But, after OKC completes the current plans, I don't see any other significant reason to prefer their airport as far as what the passengers see and experience.

I do like the glass-walled jetways. It's nice to have a view of the ramp, the airfield and your aircraft as you walk towards the plane

No complaints though about our airport passenger-wise, but as catch22 has pointed out, they can do some things a lot better in the "business" areas. And add a spotting area.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I think this is what OKC 'SHOULD' have done, from what I can see Wichita hit a home run with their new terminal. Interestingly, they didn't go all crazy and over build but instead focused on quality and passenger experience.

Anything Oklahoma City Will Rogers World Airport can learn or do better given the excellent job our friends to the north have/are doing?
    I mean we basically did completely rebuild the majority of the airport. Pretty much the only part that wasn't completely overhauled was the baggage claim and to me it...as long as it looks somewhere between decent and good, who cares how nice the baggage claim looks? You spend less time in the baggage claim then any other area in the airport and besides the low ceilings, it isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

This was much needed. When I lived there a couple years ago the airport was the worst looking one I've ever been in, It felt like it hadn't been updated since the 1970s. Glad they have the new addition.

Very nice.

Wonder how much it cost and how they're paying for it...

8. Default Re: Wichita builds a new terminal and rebrands itself

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Wonder how much it cost and how they're paying for it...
    $200 Million for terminal and parking garage. Airport imposed fees and revenue covered the cost.

This was not a renovation, this was a brand new start from scratch was it not?

Their old terminal was terrible, Dan is right, that place was depressing.

Thread Information