Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who decided to put a chester molester type in a harlen sanders suit?

Default who decided to put a chester molester type in a harlen sanders suit?

Some one did not think this through. I think they owe kfc an apology.

Default Re: who decided to put a chester molester type in a harlen sanders suit?

don't guess i follow... are you talking about the darrell hammond spots kfc has been running? -M

Default Re: who decided to put a chester molester type in a harlen sanders suit?

yeah. never thought i'd see a day when both ronald and the creepy bk guy seemed downright monkish.

this incarnation of the colonel is more than a tad pervy looking and sounding.

the colonel exhibited true southern charm and class. this incarnation looks and sounds like he would be way too comfortable charming southern kids after they leave their classrooms.

Anybody else know what kind of accent he's doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Anybody else know what kind of accent he's doing?
    It's got a lot of Clinton affect in it, but it just doesn't work for funny, not for me anyway. It's just ick.
    But I am old enough to remember the colonel on tv, may he rest in peace, and I am a long time KFC fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    It's got a lot of Clinton affect in it, but it just doesn't work for funny, not for me anyway. It's just ick.
    But I am old enough to remember the colonel on tv, may he rest in peace, and I am a long time KFC fan.
    I totally agree but it's still not as nauseating as the product being advertised.

Here, Kevin, just in case you haven't seen this...

Colonel Sanders

I was trying to find what you all are talking about (this new Colonel) and this was the first thing I came up with. Not what I was looking for, obviously.

On edit—Aha! It's Darrell Hammond! Now I get the references to him channeling Bill Clinton! He's going to be a dirty-old-man Colonel. Hee hee!

yeah. never thought i'd see a day when both ronald and the creepy bk guy seemed downright monkish.

this incarnation of the colonel is more than a tad pervy looking and sounding.

the colonel exhibited true southern charm and class. this incarnation looks and sounds like he would be way too comfortable charming southern kids after they leave their classrooms.
    yeah... the ads are pretty weird. the concept isn't a bad idea, find a way to use kfc's original and best spokesman, but the execution almost completely misses the mark.

if you find yourself in south okc (or nicoma park)... do yourself a favor and try out jim's famous chicken. that'll make you swear off any addiction to 11 herbs and spices. -M

I agree with you one MILLION percent. I'm just old enough to remember when the Colonel did the "real" KFC commercials, and he seemed every bit a quiet, unassuming southern gentleman, absolutely *nothing* like this idiotic persona they're plastering out there. It's repulsive, and I tweeted KFC about it.

The Orville Redenbacher popcorn people did this *exact* same thing about five years ago and it was a colossal flop. They realized it and pulled the ads I bet not six months (if that long) into the campaign. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to try again, but they need to be out of the advertising business. I don't eat that much fried chicken these days, but man, KFC wouldn't be my first stop. (Then again, having been to Babe's in Arlington Texas will make fried chicken ANYWHERE ELSE just about impossible for the rest of my days LOL)

I agree, Kevin. Put the look, the accent, and the creepy laugh in there and they have managed to malign Col. Sanders.

If some haven't seen it yet, here it is.

While this is bad it still doesn't come close to the horrible chicken they sell as opposed to back in the day.

My husband was the Colonel at the deadCENTER party. Spot on!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tom.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	11172

I can remember Colonel Sanders too. When we first saw these new commercials run, I commented to my wife that the original 11 herbs and spices has gone the way of the original Colonel Sanders. And that he didn't have that whiney voice or creepy laugh. To me, it doesn't work.

I had some of their chicken recently, and there's too many other GOOD chicken places in town to waste money there.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    While this is bad it still doesn't come close to the horrible chicken they sell as opposed to back in the day.
    This. I remember my dad being a big KFC fan when I was a kid, and it always smelled great and looked wonderful. Last time I went to KFC, I'm not sure we weren't getting something more like KFP...Kentucky Fried Pigeon.

But like I said earlier, Babe's down in Texas may have ruined me for fried chicken anywhere else. Best fried chicken I've had anywhere, period. I'm not even sure where I'd go for it up here..and by that I mean chicken as in wings, drumsticks, breasts, not strips like Canes or whatever....Last time I heard, Church's chicken wasn't too bad for a fast-food chain...and I remember Grandy's not being too bad until they changed to a cheapo, horrible tasting oil several years ago and we've never been back...

It doesn't sound southern, or even an attempt to be southern. A weird hybrid of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    It doesn't sound southern, or even an attempt to be southern. A weird hybrid of sorts.
    It's so awful that I just like to think of it as an SNL skit where Darrell Hammond is portraying Clinton, and his character Clinton is attempting to be the Colonel. Maybe in that scenario Clinton needs a new job or something to do if Hillary becomes president.

Reminds me of Will Farrell doing an impersonation of George W Bush,

I think I hear a little Ross Perot in that laugh. The new colonel does sound like a perv. I stopped eating their chicken years ago when they decided to ruin the recipe, so I mostly go to the boneless chicken places. But if I want chicken with a bone in it, I'm definitely not buying it from this guy.

Is McDonalds still showing the new Hamburglar adds?

Either advertising execs have lost their minds or I'm just completely out of touch with modern society.

It ain't you.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm glad the King is back.

looks like the kfc folks are giving norm macdonald a try...

...and another

Now...those are some good ads. The new Col. Sanders (claiming the one over the summer was an imposter) is family friendly and more like the old Col. Sanders. Norm MacDonald does a very good job. I found this story today on CNN. KFC has another new Colonel Sanders: Norm MacDonald - CNN.com You have to give it to YUM! Brands, they took quick action and turned around a disaster in short order.

Agreed. Very much so.

Thread Information