Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meatball House

1. Default Re: Meatball House

Oops wrong thread

2. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Oops wrong thread
    HAHA... Yep! ..... I was just about to agree with ya anyway.

Default Re: Meatball House

It is not closed.

Renamed to House 333.

4. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It is not closed.

Renamed to House 333.
    Right but they were very active on social media until November and not a peep since then nor am I finding any new reviews for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Right but they were very active on social media until November and not a peep since then nor am I finding any new reviews for them.
    I'll have more on this later but they are definitely not closed; even Yelp says they are.

FWIW the listed phone # has been d/c

7. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    FWIW the listed phone # has been d/c
    I asked a friend that lives in Norman but he said he didn't think it was open but couldn't confirm 100%.... Pete possibly has some inside news he can't share with us yet is what I'm guessing from his last comment.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I asked a friend that lives in Norman but he said he didn't think it was open but couldn't confirm 100%.... Pete possibly has some inside news he can't share with us yet is what I'm guessing from his last comment.
    The news is that I just traded messages with the owner.

I'll have more on this later.

Building is still vacant. Anybody know what is happening to this place?

10. Default Re: Meatball House

Ya I don't think they are coming back. I know the OU IT Store is moved out of the large space next to this. Interested to see what happens on this area.

11. Default Re: Meatball House

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Building is still vacant. Anybody know what is happening to this place?
    Its always amazing to me that so many good businesses go broke on campus corners while place like this or the porch stand vacant for long period of time. Money flows are a strange thing.

The news is that I just traded messages with the owner.

I'll have more on this later.
    Can we have your more now?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    Can we have your more now?
    He never called me back after promising to do so 3 different times.

I guess it's completely closed.

14. Default Re: Meatball House

Campus corner has become a strange place. They raised rent too much and now some of the local places leave but also big chains can't make it either. I am happy to see downtown Main getting more businesses and events. I would rather go there than Campus Corner. That being said if I was a student now they sure have lost a lot of fun places.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Campus corner has become a strange place. They raised rent too much and now some of the local places leave but also big chains can't make it either. I am happy to see downtown Main getting more businesses and events. I would rather go there than Campus Corner. That being said if I was a student now they sure have lost a lot of fun places.
    Skinny Slim's Norman has been sitting there, nearly completed, for literally a year now without ever opening and I have no idea why.

Kong's should be opening in the next few weeks.

Kong's should be opening in the next few weeks.
    Have you heard anything about what's caused Skinny's to have such a long delay? At this point I would honestly just expect them to give up on ever opening that location, but from what I've heard it is expected to open someday.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Have you heard anything about what's caused Skinny's to have such a long delay? At this point I would honestly just expect them to give up on ever opening that location, but from what I've heard it is expected to open someday.
    No idea.

I had completely forgotten about their plans down there (and it seems they have as well).

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Skinny Slim's Norman has been sitting there, nearly completed, for literally a year now without ever opening and I have no idea why.
    i talked with a manager about a month ago... they said that all work has stopped on Skinny Slim's Norman, because they got an opportunity to put one in an airport somewhere... (i want to say i overheard Colorado Spring Airport... but don't take that as gospel). and that once it is up and running... then they will come back and finish Norman..... seams really really dumb to me. and the manager i talked to didn't seem to disagree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i talked with a manager about a month ago... they said that all work has stopped on Skinny Slim's Norman, because they got an opportunity to put one in an airport somewhere... (i want to say i overheard Colorado Spring Airport... but don't take that as gospel). and that once it is up and running... then they will come back and finish Norman..... seams really really dumb to me. and the manager i talked to didn't seem to disagree with that assessment.
    Is Skinny Slims a chain or franchise? The only one not in OK from google is one in Springfield, MO.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Is Skinny Slims a chain or franchise? The only one not in OK from google is one in Springfield, MO.
    all one owner from what i have heard. and slowly just expanding his brand

Thread Information