Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dwellings at SoSA

Default Re: Dwellings at SoSA

everything get squared away with this? i drove by this morning and looked like new equipment/material were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    If any of these folks read this blog, I'd like to hear their perspective on this. It's easy for us to demonize them for their NIMBYism and write them off as bitter and selfish, but perhaps they could offer their point of view to help us understand. What do these folks want/don't want in their neighborhood? What did they expect would happen when they invested in the area? What kind of development would they like to see in this area?
    I use to live on 7th in SoSA. It basically boils down to adult hipster-ism for lack of a better term and a uptopian idealistic dream that some of them share. The people who moved down there in years past take a lot of pride in the fact that they moved back downtown long before the huge migration back, that is happening now. They were able to build cool modern houses for a fraction of what it would cost in many other cities. They had/have a great view of downtown. They essentially took a risk and now everybody wants to live down around them and they would like to have more control over that then is realistic. A lot of the people down there don't really respect Vincent. He is building sub-par modern houses and getting crazy amounts for them. His lastest builds have improved but a lot of the early builds were way overpriced for what they were. The catalyst for the really bad blood was people losing their views, which was a key reason why those streets were choosen in the first place to build back in the day. Also, I know a few of the originals liked that you could have a cool modern house at a reasonable price and wanted to keep it like that (which is unrealistic most likely). I know that a handful of them don't love that Mason built a 1+million house and that some of the new developments are driving the prices up so high that it's only affordable for pretty wealthy people. They also didn't want developers coming in and building. They wanted more individuals like themselves building one-off houses that were unique and architectural.

From my perspective of living down there and being a neighbor to all of this for 5 years, a decent amount of them wanted more true architectual builds, they wanted to keep their views, and they wanted more people like themselves to buy lots and build.

If your thinking, that doesn't sound realistic at all. You're right but that is the general thoughts down there. It's idealistic. I could talk a lot more about this whole situation but I hope that answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e31.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	13954  

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    Well
    I feel like I drove by these just the other week and they were closer to Pete's April photo than this most recent one.

Seems like the opposite of that project closer to Saint Anthony...with the Seattle group.

I'm a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

so much potential for more small scale infill on the west side!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    so much potential for more small scale infill on the west side!
    Lots more in the planning stages.

First owners move in next month.

They are already pre-selling Phase II which should start soon.

Blog Entries

This is really turning out nicely

Does anybody know what the price ranges are on the units to the North? I attempted to look back through the thread but couldn't find it if the info was there. And the website didn't seem helpful for any info about pricing(there was a broken dropbox link so possibly that would have had the info).

19. Default Re: Dwellings at SoSA

Can't find anything about the north. The South are all under contract and 1 has sold. The smaller units are going for around $460K, and the larger ones in the $550-560K range.

Damn I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping some of them would be 300-400

About half the units are now occupied.

Man, this project is taking a very long time

Started on some additional units:

These are sweet. I think SGA lives in one of these units

SGA lives in a house on 8th street, just north of this

Thread Information