Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwellings at SoSA

Default Re: Dwellings at SoSA

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I take it you don't like puns.
    Not that bad ones anyway

The approval of this project by the UDC is now being appealed to the Board of Adjustment by one of the immediate neighbors.

Same issues as before: building height, set backs, density, etc.

Blog Entries

Did people who built there honestly think it would just be a cool suburban neighborhood but close in to downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Did people who built there honestly think it would just be a cool suburban neighborhood but close in to downtown?
    I think they might have actually thought that. Which is beyond stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The approval of this project by the UDC is now being appealed to the Board of Adjustment by one of the immediate neighbors.

Same issues as before: building height, set backs, density, etc.
    Ridiculous.

What kind of chance do you think they have at defeating this proposal?

Blog Entries

What are the laws regarding "air rights" in OKC? Could they have bought the air rights above the land in front of them to keep high buildings from being built? I've heard of that happening in other municipalities...

7. Default Re: Dwellings at SoSA

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    ...What kind of chance do you think they have at defeating this proposal?
    Zero chance, and they know it. Some people think throwing a tantrum is effective. (Ask Ed Shadid!)

Surprising for 1%ers.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    What are the laws regarding "air rights" in OKC? Could they have bought the air rights above the land in front of them to keep high buildings from being built? I've heard of that happening in other municipalities...
    Man, that would be a great business model:

Buy a bit of land near a lot with a view, propose a building that obstructs that view, and when the owner of the lot complains, offer them the air rights for the property, sell lower lot, let chaos ensue, profit!

After the boa comments on the Spanish style house. This appeal could be very funny.

Today the Board of Adjustment unanimously rejected the appeal to stop this project.

So, all systems go. Construction should start before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Today the Board of Adjustment unanimously rejected the appeal to stop this project.

So, all systems go. Construction should start before the end of the year.
    Great news! Let the infill continue!

I want one.

The views will be stunning and I love how the units are free-standing and you actually have a little side yard for a dog.

Plus, there is almost nothing for sale in the core other than the tiny units at the Civic and the suburban-style Hill.

BTW, ADG has quietly become an urban design force in OKC. They are also doing AC Hotel and Hyatt Place and several other click projects.

Blog Entries

^Agree with Pete. These look really good to me. Took a hard look at Lisbon Lofts but just a few things caused us to hold back. But am interested in these for sure. Glad to see it progressing along.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    ^Agree with Pete. These look really good to me. Took a hard look at Lisbon Lofts but just a few things caused us to hold back. But am interested in these for sure. Glad to see it progressing along.
    What were your issues with Lisbon?

Glad to see this development move forward, it should be good for the area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    What were your issues with Lisbon?

Glad to see this development move forward, it should be good for the area.
    Nothing bad in regard to Lisbon - just what was available at the time we looked didn't fit our needs. Looked at big one on end with great deck but didn't like the small window in the kitchen (picky picky) and a few other things. But a great development and will be very cool when they can finally be done.

Noticed today that the lady who lives directly north of this project and appealed to the Board of Adjustment (and lost) now has a for sale sign on her house.

The irony is that she can't possibly have any sort of view because 1) her house is only 1-story and 2) she has a bunch of big trees planted in the back yard.

Maybe she's going to sell and buy one of the new properties in Dwellings at SoSA. If you can't beat em, join em, LOL.

That would be pretty funny.

She probably doesn't want to deal with the noise of having a bunch of neighbors.

I've heard that concern from many urban-minded people even on this forum…but the reality is that quiet is not something to strive for downtown. Obviously certain areas will be louder than others, but any given place downtown will have the possibility of people walking down the street…a neighbor having a lot of people at their house late…etc. etc.

Default Re: SoSA Townhomes

Ya know, except that I don't wanna leave Norman, especially not with the g-babies now living in town, that ain't a bad lookin' lil' cottage the protester is selling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I've heard that concern from many urban-minded people even on this forum…but the reality is that quiet is not something to strive for downtown. Obviously certain areas will be louder than others, but any given place downtown will have the possibility of people walking down the street…a neighbor having a lot of people at their house late…etc. etc.
    Exactly. More noise is something that kind of comes with the territory of having a more active, urban environment. Suburbs are made for people for whom "quiet" is a priority.

Has anyone checked on the price for the lil old ladys house? I can't make out the tel number on that sign. One might want to buy that and make it into a 2 story with a view?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Has anyone checked on the price for the lil old ladys house? I can't make out the tel number on that sign. One might want to buy that and make it into a 2 story with a view?

Lol

$399k???

It's 1,248 SF and they paid $83.5K in 2008!

Thread Information