Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

When they get started they do not mess around! This is all so exciting!

2. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Before the transformation begins it's worth noting that had the developers instead requested demolition permits for those nondescript buildings - which have not been utilized for anything other than storage for decades - they would have met little resistance. And had anyone raised their voice in protest, they would have been loudly shouted down by some.

In this case, the developers made the CHOICE to retain these buildings, and it will soon pay off in the form of space with character that cannot be easily replicated by new construction. Keep the before pics handy.

Yes, will add a lot of character to that corner and be a nice complement to all the new construction around 21c.

Urbanized is absolutely right. We are now in the position where we should be grateful for any historic renovation that we get.

From this morning; note they have widened the openings on the group floor in preparation for much larger windows as seen in the renderings:

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

^^^^^^^
    Looks like the sills have been lowered in the one-story building on the left, by removing courses of brick below. ALL of the courses below the sills in the building on the right have been removed, but considering the way the brick is stacked in front they may still be planning on building the sills back up a bit..? Will have to check construction drawing to see.

Other than that, it appears that instead of being an alteration this is really more of a restoration of the window openings to their original size and configuration (though taller). The (removed) glass block and brick above were not original to the building. This is a big improvement. Hopefully the little building gets thoughtful modern replica casement windows like were installed in 21c.

HangryHippo Guest

Does anyone know if there are plans to extend the P<180 streetscape along Sheridan and Main St. around this development and 21C?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Does anyone know if there are plans to extend the P<180 streetscape along Sheridan and Main St. around this development and 21C?
    They have already adopted the P180 standards for the sidewalks around the hotel (most of the work is now complete) and will be doing the same for the Residences at 21c, so that's a big chunk of both those areas.

I haven't heard anything about completely redoing the streets, however. That would have to come out of the General Obligation bonds or TIF, because there is no room in the P180 budget.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have already adopted the P180 standards for the sidewalks around the hotel (most of the work is now complete) and will be doing the same for the Residences at 21c, so that's a big chunk of both those areas.

I haven't heard anything about completely redoing the streets, however. That would have to come out of the General Obligation bonds or TIF, because there is no room in the P180 budget.
    I noticed the sidewalks appeared to conform to P180 standards. I just didn't know if there were plans to reorganize the actual street like what had been done through Film Row?

Not sure, Fred Jones will be one way north bound with angle parking on the right (east). New storm and waterlines for Residences at 21c go in the middle of Fred Jones and also the westbound lane of Sheridan. There will be angled parking fronting Jones Assembly and building C of Residences at 21c.

I was speaking to one of theFilm Row stakeholders from the west end of Sheridan and he told me that the development group paid for the sidewalks and the street repairs as the city wasn't going to install them. They paid for the sidewalks in front of other businesses so it would all look the same.

Took this today... Notice the entrance is now set back on the SE corner.

Not a lot of noticeable progress outside by I go by here almost daily and they have been working away on the inside.

They continue to work away on the inside.

This is from Graham Colton's Instagram:

They had a "Pig & Punch" party a few weeks ago. They roasted a whole pig over charcoal overnight and said to look for this to be a monthly party once they are opened.

Can you summarize the article or give us the gist? We can't read it unless we're subscribers.

A video update by the Oklahoman along with a video interview with Graham Colton.

http://bcove.me/poddyfgv

First look at their proposed signage:

love the signage.. ties in well with Sunshine cleaners in the area. Looks great

They are really moving fast now:

They're getting close to finished on the inside, and they were shooting to be open in the next month or two. From what I've heard their opening is going to be delayed ~6 months due to road construction which would block their entrance.

HangryHippo Guest

What road construction?

24. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    What road construction?
    I don't know a lot of details, but I believe it is associated with the apartments.

Thread Information