Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is strictly a music venue or if they will be holding public/private events as well?
    It will be a bar / restaurant 7 days a week with live music 1-3 times a month.

Any clue about menu or type of food?

3. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    They posted a pretty amazing looking pic of a basket of made from scratch biscuits with honey butter and house made jam the other day.

If they serve them for breakfast. I know where my new breakfast spot is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    They posted a pretty amazing looking pic of a basket of made from scratch biscuits with honey butter and house made jam the other day.

If they serve them for breakfast. I know where my new breakfast spot is going to be.
    I saw that and i'll be right there with you! Looked so good.

Any word on when the sign will be installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Any word on when the sign will be installed?
    It has been installed. You can see pictures on their social media sites.

7. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    About forgot I have also seen them post pics of wood fired oven pizzas they will be offering for lunch and dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    It has been installed. You can see pictures on their social media sites.
    Can you link? I just checked their Instagram and do not see that they have posted any sign of note.

Jones Assembly makes its case as one of OKC's most beautiful spots

With its grand opening only weeks away, the final pieces are being put in place at the stunning Jones Assembly on Film Row in west downtown Oklahoma City.

The 20,000 square foot restaurant, bar and live music venue is directly south of the equally impressive 21c Museum Hotel which opened in June of 2016, and together they are driving a resurgence in a once-abandoned area, now overflowing with new construction and investment.

West Village is well into construction and will completely surround Jones and the hotel with 345 new apartment units plus retail and restaurant space.

As a part of the West Village complex, a large parking structure is now under construction to the west of Jones, sure to be needed for the 225 seat restaurant and 1,600 person live music venue.

For quick conversion for events and shows, a creative solution was hatched. The furniture in the middle of the large space breaks down and stores under the adjoining stage.

And huge glass overhead doors can be raised to join the outdoor and indoor spaces.

The restaurant will be open for lunch and dinner 6 days a week with brunch served on Sunday.

The following is from an official press release:

The Jones Assembly constitutes an adaptive re-use of two historic facilities that were formerly part of The Fred Jones Manufacturing Company complex. Collaborating with James Boswell Architect of Tulsa, known for the firm’s wildly successful 2003 revitalization of Cain’s Ballroom, principal partners Brian Bogert, Kirk and Fred Hall of Hall Capital, Graham Colton and Sanger created a destination that revitalizes two century-old historic buildings while creating a new cornerstone for the burgeoning West End area of downtown Oklahoma City.

Bogert, The Social Order’s co-founder, said The Jones Assembly will continue the dining collective’s mission of creating unique concepts for Oklahoma City to spend its days and evenings.

“Since we opened our first restaurant 13 years ago, we’ve surrounded ourselves with creative people,” Bogert said. “From the beginning, we were continually encouraging our line cooks, waitstaff, managers, and all team members to bring new ideas to the table. For me, The Jones Assembly is the culmination of that philosophy: a truly new idea that will be part of the conversation as we continue to talk about this great city’s renaissance.”

Sanger, an Oklahoma City-born chef who trained at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, said that working on The Jones Assembly is a rare opportunity for any chef: the chance to not only create a unique lunch, dinner and weekend brunch menu but also to design the kitchen for maximum efficiency and superior results. Sanger’s refined regional cuisine menu will include house-made biscuits and artisan breads, fried chicken confit, wood-fired pizza and seasonal fish offerings, among other favorites.

“We have a custom-made, wood-fired oven that I’m really excited about, because it brings out extraordinary flavors in our food,” Sanger said. “But beyond the oven, we were also able to create a workflow in our kitchen that allows for greater efficiency in all stages of prep, and we’ve put together an enormously talented kitchen staff. I’m so proud of the people who will be serving here.”

Colton is an acclaimed singer-songwriter and Oklahoma City entrepreneur who released two albums for Universal Records and toured with John Mayer, Maroon 5 and The Dave Matthews Band before embarking on a successful career as an independent artist. He said The Jones Assembly, which will regularly host touring acts in the Americana, alternative, contemporary and singer-songwriter genres, checks many of the boxes he looks for in a top-notch music venue, then takes it a step further.

“Honestly, I haven’t played anywhere that compares to this place,” Colton said. “As we were planning The Jones Assembly, I had certain things in the back of my mind that I wanted to see. For instance, we can completely open up both the indoor and outdoor spaces so that it can operate as a mid-sized venue or a large concert space.”

Every detail was considered in the restoration and design of this unique, flexible space. Reclaimed wood from the second floor decking was used to build the bar skirt, booths and tables. Brick removed at the openings was used to create herringbone-style pathways in the courtyard. The team enlisted Justin Venk of Facet 14 to help them come up with custom lighting for the space, while Nominee design of Edmond helped bring Bogert and Graham’s ideas for various art installations to life.*The upstairs mezzanine is outfitted with a refurbished turntable and large selection of vinyl records for patrons to peruse and enjoy. The love and celebration of music is a constant theme throughout The Jones Assembly: an entire wall across from the downstairs bar is designed with over 1,000 vintage 8-track tapes.

In the adjacent open-air space, a courtyard nearly equal to the size of the interior area featuring views of the 21c Museum Hotel, high-end speakers and industrial misting systems will keep patrons cool, comfortable and entertained during Oklahoma’s hot summers.

“A great patio can make all the difference,” Bogert said. “Every place is better with one, and that’s why when we planned The Jones Assembly, we wanted an outdoor space that rivals anything we’ve seen in our travels. This one creates open space with an urban feel.”

OH MY!

I cannot wait for this to open!

Oh my goodness, that really is stunning.

I'm really proud of my photography on this... Took several visits and tons of time, but wanted to capture all the spaces in the right light.

It sure helps to a have a gorgeous subject!

Yowza! That looks amazing. Great work Pete.

Thanks for the compliments. I really wanted people to get a feeling for how amazing the place is.

This will be one of those spots to bring out-of-town visitors and knock their socks off.

They are working really hard to get the food, drinks and service down. I bet all will be excellent as they've been in there working night and day for weeks.

Impressive to say the least.

So, OKCTalk meetup once it is open for that sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Oh my goodness, that really is stunning.
    +1

18. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Wow, I knew this was going to be good, but this exceeds even my highest expectations. Can't wait to see it in person when it opens!

Those pics are gorgeous Pete! looking forward to see what it looks like converted for shows as well.

For shows and events, they can open those two huge middle overhead doors and completely join the indoor and outdoor spaces.

They said when they have a show booked, the facility will be closed all day so they can get things configured correctly.

I couldn't get good photos but the stage and backstage are both huge and elaborate.

The amount of investment here is staggering.

Very.
    Very.
    Impressed!

Love these developments where someone knows what they're doing to create a quality structure/atmosphere. Great job!

2Lanez Guest

Wow. This raises the bar.

23. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Unreal. Another "is this really OKC?" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For shows and events, they can open those two huge middle overhead doors and completely join the indoor and outdoor spaces.

They said when they have a show booked, the facility will be closed all day so they can get things configured correctly.

I couldn't get good photos but the stage and backstage are both huge and elaborate.

The amount of investment here is staggering.
    Good to know. I was glancing over the pics looking for the stage.

25. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Their attention to detail here is unbelievable. Really excited for it.

Thread Information