Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm really proud of my photography on this... Took several visits and tons of time, but wanted to capture all the spaces in the right light.

It sure helps to a have a gorgeous subject!
    Pete, those are amazing pictures thanks a lot!

BTW, this facility is completely smoke-free, including the patio.

BTW, this facility is completely smoke-free, including the patio.
    Awesome !

4. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Went to a soft opening yesterday. I can't really put into words how wonderful this place is. Even Pete's beautiful pictures can't totally do it justice. There is literally not a single surface that wasn't thoughtfully designed/executed, or where corners were cut. It's pretty much perfect. The food and drinks were also great. It has to instantly be a top ten club venue in the U.S., at least as far as finish and sophistication. If not better.

Also Graham mentioned that they will soon be announcing a show that even he seemed semi-incredulous that they landed. I think once word gets out regarding how phenomenal the venue is, it will be drawing some great artists.

5. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Went to a soft opening yesterday. I can't really put into words how wonderful this place is. Even Pete's beautiful pictures can't totally do it justice. There is literally not a single surface that wasn't thoughtfully designed/executed, or where corners were cut. It's pretty much perfect. The food and drinks were also great. It has to instantly be a top ten club venue in the U.S., at least as far as finish and sophistication. If not better.
    I sure hope people treat the place with some respect.... When I was at a show at The Granada in Dallas recently I noticed people at least put their empties on the ledges instead of throwing them in the floor.... I've been to a few shows at Cain's that it was like walking through a war zone trying to get out of there.

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

^^^^^^
    Yeah, I thought the same. There's definitely potential for unthinking people to damage the place - for instance some delicate upholstery and custom wallpapers, or the high-end turntable with probably a couple thousand records upstairs that just anyone can access. But it seems like they gave thought even to this; everything I just mentioned is in the upstairs bar that will surely price out people who don't know how to act, both during regular hours and when it functions as a VIP during shows. Downstairs much attention seems to have been paid to durability, without losing high-end finish.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me to find a single flaw I would say it's the polished concrete floor in the main room. It's stunning, but a server spilled a beer and a minute later an employee in leather-soled shoes nearly busted his ass when he slipped on the spill. I instantly thought of all of the crumpled beer cans littering the floor of Cain's after shows, and of men wearing cowboy boots, and women wearing heels (or boots for that matter). I think it's possible that they may have to rough up the floor a bit at some point, unfortunately.

7. Default Re: Jones Assembly

St. Paul & the Broken Bones was just announced for 10/13, which I assume is the show he was talking about. Huge name, really impressed with everything so far. They're on a hot streak and haven't even opened yet.

8. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Nope. He also told me about St. Paul and the Broken Bones, which is indeed an excellent get. But the one he wouldn't give me a name of was obviously of much more note. Got the impression it is someone people would think of as legendary. As in he openly admitted his mind was a bit blown that he was going to be hosting this artist, and was wanting to make dang sure they were hitting on all cylinders before that show. Not to hype it too much. I had a feeling if I had pressed more I might have gotten it from him, but didn't want to push it.

2Lanez Guest

... the upstairs bar that will surely price out people who don't know how to act, both during regular hours and when it functions as a VIP during shows.
    Oh, good. I was worried, but feel much better knowing they'll keep the riff-raff away from those expensive objects.

10. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Nope. He also told me about St. Paul and the Broken Bones, which is indeed an excellent get. But the one he wouldn't give me a name of was obviously of much more note. Got the impression it is someone people would think of as legendary. As in he openly admitted his mind was a bit blown that he was going to be hosting this artist, and was wanting to make dang sure they were hitting on all cylinders before that show. Not to hype it too much. I had a feeling if I had pressed more I might have gotten it from him, but didn't want to push it.
    Nice! Will be on the look out for it.

Went to a soft opening yesterday. I can't really put into words how wonderful this place is. Even Pete's beautiful pictures can't totally do it justice. There is literally not a single surface that wasn't thoughtfully designed/executed, or where corners were cut. It's pretty much perfect. The food and drinks were also great. It has to instantly be a top ten club venue in the U.S., at least as far as finish and sophistication. If not better

Also Graham mentioned that they will soon be announcing a show that even he seemed semi-incredulous that they landed. I think once word gets out regarding how phenomenal the venue is, it will be drawing some great artists.
    Wow...that's some pretty lofty praise, but if there is any single person in this town that I trust to pull that kind of thing off, it's Fred Hall.

Looks like a place that will shoot to the top of the list to go to once it opens.

When does this place officially open? We have friends from Dallas in town and want to take them there.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    When does this place officially open? We have friends from Dallas in town and want to take them there.
    Still haven't announced yet.

Should be open in a couple of weeks.

14. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Cut Copy announced for October 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    WOW>. Love Cut Copy!>. great show!

16. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Where did you see this?

17. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    Where did you see this?
    Weird, looks like they took it down.

They'll be at ACL that Saturday so timing looks right... we'll see.

http://cutcopy.net/tour/

18. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Weird, looks like they took it down.

They'll be at ACL that Saturday so timing looks right... we'll see.

http://cutcopy.net/tour/
    Sounds good, thanks.

I hope it comes through they are great live. have seen in Dallas and last time at Cains.

Yeah, Jones had a formal announcement up on social media, then took it down.

I'll post more info later but if you want a chance to check out this venue and support a great local non profit, on 7/15 the OKC Rock camp for Girls will be having their showcase at Jones assembly in the afternoon. OKC Rock camp for girls is a week long camp that empowers local girls through music. Campers form bands, learn instruments, write songs and even print T shirts and then perform their creations in the showcase on the 15th.

Was there tonight and learned they will open to the public on Thursday.

Starting Monday you'll be able to make a reservation.

Was there tonight and learned they will open to the public on Thursday.

Starting Monday you'll be able to make a reservation.
    Pete is that place as incredible in person as it appears in pictures? I will be in OKC on Wed and plan to make sure I stop by this place and 21c. Also has Sheridan been repaved?

Sheridan is open but not completely re-done as there is still construction all around.

And yes, everything about Jones is big city, including the food and service.

The Jones officially opens Thursday 7/13 at 5PM and then dinner/lunch and weekend brunch thereafter.

They will start taking reservations on Tuesday.

Thread Information