Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Bunch of new renderings:

Default Re: Hall Capital

"This is Camelot"

That's pretty damn cool.

We're super lucky to have Fred Hall. Between him and Gary Brooks, we should see some really cool, local projects over the next 10 years. I hope they can get some out-of-market money to help them out as well.

4. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Love this city!

Oklahoma City Music, Dining and Real Estate Leaders Partner to Bring Restaurant, Bar, Music Venue to West Downtown

OKLAHOMA CITY (June 17, 2015) — Nationally-recognized Oklahoma City musician Graham Colton and local restaurateur Brian Bogert today announced plans to join forces with Hall Capital to preserve and convert the two historic warehouses at 901 West Sheridan into a unique restaurant, bar and music venue where contemporary dining and live musical entertainment will intersect.

The space will feature a nearly year-round 8,000-square-foot outdoor patio space and bring a transcendent dining and live music concept to the expanding and emerging west side of downtown Oklahoma City contiguous to the popular Film Row District. The new space will be located directly south of the venerable Fred Jones Manufacturing Building, which is currently undergoing an extensive rebirth as a 21c Museum Hotel.

“This project will be another place-making opportunity around 21c Museum Hotel and the surrounding mixed-use project,” said Fred Hall, chairman and CEO of Hall Capital. “We have always liked these two warehouse buildings, but we never found the perfect fit for them until now. I believe the best days are ahead for the west side of downtown Oklahoma City.”

Accomplished local restaurateur and Oklahoma City native Bogert, predicts the space will become a favorite destination for great food, craft beer, cocktails and live music performances. “Graham, the Hall brothers and I have dreamed for years of creating a true gathering place in our hometown where artists and friends converge. We wanted a year-round destination that would draw in everyone, narrowing the focus to three elements: Kitchen, patio and song. These two warehouse buildings ignited our imaginations the moment we saw them. We are so glad the Hall family kept these buildings and didn’t sell them when they were approached many times in the past. We are thrilled to preserve these buildings and contribute to bringing the west side of downtown back to life by re-purposing this site into something unrivaled in Oklahoma City.”

-Kitchen-

Bogert and Colton understand the dining element of this project will be a driving force in its success. They recruited a partner, Paris-trained chef Brittany Sanger, an Oklahoma City native and current chef de partie for Liquid Art House, an upscale and experiential restaurant and art gallery in Boston. Sanger, who trained at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in Paris, will return to her roots to run the kitchen and build a dynamic menu. The menu will include both culinary twists and late night finger food, showcasing the diverse nature of the space. The kitchen is designed to be visible from the street, which will allow chefs to be a part of the performing arts.

Bogert, who owns Seven47 in Norman along with Texadelphia and Fuzzy’s Taco Shops in Oklahoma City, will focus his energy on the restaurant’s beverage offerings. He will apply his training from the esteemed Beverage Alcohol Resource in New York City to build a robust handcrafted cocktail menu featuring flavorful spirits and craft beer for patrons to enjoy.

-Patio-

Bogert added, “Demand in Oklahoma City is mounting for quality outdoor patio space that is comfortable throughout the year, so our primary structural focus is to meet that need. The patio layout will provide coverage from the elements, particularly the Oklahoma wind. We also will install special heating and cooling systems that will make the patio desirable almost year round. This isn’t just a music venue or a restaurant/bar. It’s all of that and more.”

-Song-

“Aspiring local artists want a quality venue – a gathering place— where their music can gain traction and where established national artists will frequent, attracting Oklahoma City’s sophisticated music enthusiasts,” said Oklahoma City resident and national recording artist Colton. “This project will elevate Oklahoma City on the regional, and I believe, even the national music scene drawing the attention of top-notch performers, producers and the best in local talent.”

The space will accommodate a crowd of up to 1,500 people for larger shows, a size Colton said is needed in this market. It will also have the ability to scale down for smaller shows while maintaining the entertainment value. The partnership team expects to host dozens of artists, catering to a wide variety of genres. Colton, who has collaborated or performed with artists including Vanessa Carlton, Sheryl Crow, Maroon 5, John Mayer and Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips, will play an active role in promoting the venue to artists nationally as well as within Oklahoma City’s local music community.

“Graham and Brian are extraordinarily creative and inspirational entrepreneurs who also love their hometown – Oklahoma City. We know the cost to preserve the warehouses is more expensive than starting anew, but we all loved the vibe and character this concept would create in these buildings. At the end of the day, it is the kind of venture only local adventurers with vivid dreams could pursue with such enthusiasm,” Hall said.

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Awesome!

7. Default Re: Jones Assembly

This is the very interesting video accompanying Steve's article with comments by Brian Bogert, Graham Colton, and Fred Hall.

NewsOK Videos | Operators reveal plans for new Film Row restaurant and music venue in Oklahoma City

Already posted.upthread lj...

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Already posted.upthread lj...
    I found the articles posted but didn't see the video anywhere. Believe me I looked because I know how much we hate have anything posted twice.

If it was posted previously, I greatly apologize.

Quite an interesting thread.
    Forgive me if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but what was the building prior, historically speaking, and any idea on when it was built? In particular, the NW corner of the building at Main St and Classen. I ask because, strangely enough, my wife is a medium and the last time we went by the building in early May, she said the upper windows were full of people. No jokes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by rickself View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but what was the building prior, historically speaking, and any idea on when it was built? In particular, the NW corner of the building at Main St and Classen. I ask because, strangely enough, my wife is a medium and the last time we went by the building in early May, she said the upper windows were full of people. No jokes, please.
    If you saw people in the upper windows of the building at Main and Classen, it was probably the guys doing the reno to the Fred Jones building which is going to be the 21C hotel.

That's the thing. They weren't "people" people. They were long gone spirits.
    My wife has a gift and sees the spirits of those departed.
    We're trying to figure out if this is an old factory that had tragedy long ago or for some reason had numbers of people who for one reason or another, still linger on the property. It is not by any means "haunted", just occupied.

The building was built in 1915 by the Ford Motor Co. to make the Model T. Some time later, it was converted into a warehouse and parts distribution depot. In 1967, Fred Jones Enterprises bought the building and continued the parts distribution business. During this time, the building was also home to Fred Jones Manufacturing, who remanufactured engines and transmissions for Ford.

Source: OLD PLANT'S NEW DIRECTION Fred Jones factory refocuses for auto parts distribution | News OK

That makes it interesting.
    Thanks for the background.

Well, you said people, so I took you at your word. But yeah, you're gonna see people in there as they're working hard to get the place reno'd.

Turns out that I'm a medium too. For the longest time I thought I was a large. I was just wearing the wrong size.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Well, you said people, so I took you at your word. But yeah, you're gonna see people in there as they're working hard to get the place reno'd.

Turns out that I'm a medium too. For the longest time I thought I was a large. I was just wearing the wrong size.
    Nothing improves your self esteem more than wearing properly fitted clothing.

Building permit applications were filed for this project last Friday.

Should start to see some action there soon.

BTW, it appears they have settled on the name "The Jones Assembly".

My wife has a gift and sees the spirits of those departed.
    We're trying to figure out if this is an old factory that had tragedy long ago or for some reason had numbers of people who for one reason or another, still linger on the property. It is not by any means "haunted", just occupied.
    Okaaaaaaay...

Twitter feed says Summer 2016.

An updated rendering:

Noticed today they have started work on this project.

Doors open, dumpsters outside, etc.

Looking forward to having some new neighbors and creating a bit of a flow back and forth. I absolutely love this building and i'm looking forward to its transformation over the next couple of months.

Took these today:

That SE corner will look pretty great once it's opened up with the glass windows/doors.

Thread Information