Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Isn't there a new parking garage just west of the Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Well you have a few options: 1) valet, usually $5 or $10. 2) there is a small strip of parking spots just to the south of the Jones Assembly along Fred Jones Avenue. 3) There is a grass/dirt field a south of the Jones Assembly and west of the Sonic (kid of behind the Taco bell)
    you can also pay to park yourself in one of the two huge garages or park for free on main st and sheridan (if it's in the evening)

3. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Or park anywhere on the street in Film Row and walk a block or two. Or Uber. Those are what I do mostly.

Looking at going to my first concert here in Aug. What are some things to expect of the venue. Is there seating during concerts, either tables or benches? Is it worth it to get up in the Mezzanine for shows or does one get a better view and sound on the floor?

Blog Entries

I wouldn't plan on sitting, but there is a VIP seating option

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Looking at going to my first concert here in Aug. What are some things to expect of the venue. Is there seating during concerts, either tables or benches? Is it worth it to get up in the Mezzanine for shows or does one get a better view and sound on the floor?
    I'll be there in August for Aaron Lee Tasjan but it's a patio show.

Definitely better view and sound on the floor but we enjoyed sitting at the mezzanine bar for the first half of the show then went down to the floor for the second half.

There are tables and benches out in the patio area (first come/first serve) but they don't have a good view of the stage. I was on the floor, about 2/3rds of the way up to the stage, for the one concert I went to there and the view/sound was great. The Mezzanine area looked spectacular but I'm assuming it's way out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I'll be there in August for Aaron Lee Tasjan but it's a patio show.
    This is going to be a great show. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    There are tables and benches out in the patio area (first come/first serve) but they don't have a good view of the stage. I was on the floor, about 2/3rds of the way up to the stage, for the one concert I went to there and the view/sound was great. The Mezzanine area looked spectacular but I'm assuming it's way out of my price range.
    For Father John Misty, I believe floor tickets are $35 and mezzanine tickets were (past tense because they're sold out) $60, so not that much more, IMO. I thought the mezzanine was restricted to mezzanine ticket-holders only, but that may just be for that show (or I could be completely mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    For Father John Misty, I believe floor tickets are $35 and mezzanine tickets were (past tense because they're sold out) $60, so not that much more, IMO. I thought the mezzanine was restricted to mezzanine ticket-holders only, but that may just be for that show (or I could be completely mistaken).
    Yeah, that's actually not as much of a price difference as I was expecting. I may have to consider that sometime, though I do also enjoy getting close to the stage.

Yeah, that's actually not as much of a price difference as I was expecting. I may have to consider that sometime, though I do also enjoy getting close to the stage.
    If you get mezzanine tix, you can go down on the floor too, best of both worlds (at least, that's how I think it is, haven't actually gone yet, just read about it).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    If you get mezzanine tix, you can go down on the floor too, best of both worlds (at least, that's how I think it is, haven't actually gone yet, just read about it).
    You can go down and come up as often as you like.

14. Default Re: Jones Assembly

This is going to be a great show. I'm looking forward to it.
    Agreed... Hope it gets a good turnout..... I had never heard of him until I saw him open for John Moreland at the Tower in December and he played an incredible set.

Is the Randy Rogers band playing old news? Can't find anything about it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Is the Randy Rogers band playing old news? Can't find anything about it on here.
    nm

Holy cow, the Jones is such an amazing asset to OKC.

Toad the Wet Sprocket tonight was awesome... Such a great venue and great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Holy cow, the Jones is such an amazing asset to OKC.

Toad the Wet Sprocket tonight was awesome... Such a great venue and great night.

Wow. Had no idea they were in OKC tonight. Loved their albums, Pale, Fear and Dulcinea in the '90s.
    I Will Not Take These Things For Granted and Walk On The Ocean are two of my favorites.
    Glad to hear it was a great show at Jones Assembly. I hate I missed it!

Just curious about the show nights here, does Jones have security? Like wands or pat-downs?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Just curious about the show nights here, does Jones have security? Like wands or pat-downs?
    Yes.

For events, you go through an area that is u-shaped with temporary half-fences.

At the entrance, they make you show ID to get a wrist band so you can buy alcohol at the bars.

Then, you go to a middle section where they fully wand you.

Finally, before entering the buidling they scan your tickets.

21. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Well unfortunately not much of a crowd for Aaron Lee Tasjan last night.... Unfortunate because they played an amazing set.

Sound out on the patio was great. Aaron gave out some props to both The Tower, where he opened for John Moreland in December, and Jones Assembly for being great places for live music and also that OKC had some nice venues.

Had a pretty cool moment there myself... Gentlemen next to me struck up a conversation and I mentioned that I played in a band in the 90's. When I told him the band name he said "You guys played Gary P's music festival at Hanna in 98. I still have the poster." ..... I was pretty floored that someone remembered us from a gig we played 20 years ago.

^

Very cool!

The wife and I are going to the Rainbow Kitten Surprise concert tonight. Any tips for our first visit to The Jones? Do they still have food during the shows? Also how much is the valet or parking around the venue, my wife is pregnant and might not want to walk very far for free parking tonight. Thank you in advance for the comments.

Dont know if it fits your budget but I've found, with all the construction and the cost for valet or parking, Uber is great for a night at the Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Dont know if it fits your budget but I've found, with all the construction and the cost for valet or parking, Uber is great for a night at the Jones.
    We will be coming from Yukon, so I doubt Uber would be the cheaper option here. I was just wondering if anyone knew the Valet pricing vs the parking garage pricing. Also, how early should we plan on getting there if the show is at 7pm?

Thread Information