Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Unless it's changed, you can also order food in the 'lounge' which is the seating area between the downstairs bar and the dining room.
    That is where we asked to take the food and they said it was not allowed.

2. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I ate dinner again there last night, and everything was good as usual.

We started we the dips + spreads that comes with pimento cheese, tzatziki and hummus. The bread that comes with this is excellent and all the dips were great, especially the pimento. Still need to try the octopus, that'll be on the list for next time.

For dinner I tried the Nashville hot chicken. It was good with a little heat, but nothing overpowering. It's been mentioned, but the serving size is ridiculous. My dad and I both ordered the chicken, and could have easily split it... we took a full order home.

We had the profiteroles for dessert which had an interesting spin with ice cream in the middle, it was good but I'd get something different next time.

The place was packed as usual, and they really lucked out with the weather. We left before the concert started, but the crowd was starting to come in as we were leaving.

Very impressed last night with the outdoor concert atmosphere they were able to create.

Walked in last night.... was extremely busy. Decided to go elsewhere actually, but plan to go back. It was PACKED. Police out front directing traffic too. Can't wait for the construction to the east to be completed.

Place was packed tonight. We got ourselves a hit.

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I've just finished reading this thread in its entirety, and have been blown away by all the positive comments, as well as those offering constructive criticism. As one who doesn't get out as much as I once did, I am blown away by what I have read. And, Pete, those photos you took were amazing.

One question: if I were to make dinner reservations, say for 6 p.m. and I arrived on time, have a couple of drinks and then eat, what am I looking at until I would be done? 8-9 p.m.? Less or more? Another question: I am still a smoker. Is it reasonably easy to go outside and have a quick smoke, if I want?

Anyway, great job to all who posted in this thread.

7. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    I've just finished reading this thread in its entirety, and have been blown away by all the positive comments, as well as those offering constructive criticism. As one who doesn't get out as much as I once did, I am blown away by what I have read. And, Pete, those photos you took were amazing.

One question: if I were to make dinner reservations, say for 6 p.m. and I arrived on time, have a couple of drinks and then eat, what am I looking at until I would be done? 8-9 p.m.? Less or more? Another question: I am still a smoker. Is it reasonably easy to go outside and have a quick smoke, if I want?

Anyway, great job to all who posted in this thread.
    It'll be a 2 hour dinner if you take you're time. You can step out front or back to smoke if you would like to.

Tonight was packed as usual, but it was really cool to see Russell Westbrook and Collison there together. RW came down from the mezzanine towards the end of the night and mingled with everyone and the crowd ate it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    It'll be a 2 hour dinner if you take you're time. You can step out front or back to smoke if you would like to.

Tonight was packed as usual, but it was really cool to see Russell Westbrook and Collison there together. RW came down from the mezzanine towards the end of the night and mingled with everyone and the crowd ate it up.
    Upstairs balcony is smoking, downstairs patio is not.

Gotta love russ and nick.

9. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Thats great to hear about Westbrook and Collison. I hope people weren't all over them like flies. I've seen athletes run out of restaurants in Dallas the fans were so annoying.

First of all, I'm sad that I was at the Jones Saturday night til almost midnight, and in the Mezzanine but did not see Russ or Nick! That would be cool... Taylor Griffin was hanging out there, and they seemed to be keeping the top very secured and had a lot of security so that makes sense why. This is instantly where the famous will gather in OKC, and I'm totally ok with that.

The Jones has something special about it, something I notice at a lot of OKC hot spots. Its a relaxed, Oklahoma style atmosphere in a very elevated design. In all my travels, this is the most unique yet distinct place I've ever seen and it is amazing that it is anchoring the West side of Downtown OKC. The restaurant was nice, loved the lighting everywhere. There was a classic movie on the stage screen which I thought was pretty cool. Really my favorite part is absolutely the outdoor enclosed patio area. I could hang out here every night and not get bored.. Lots of seating, access to the main bar, and what I really loved is the view into the kitchen where you can watch the chefs and cooks making all the wonderful menu items come to life.

When we left, we walked the short sidewalk to 21C with our friends to show them the museum. They recently switched out the exhibits and this new one is a little disturbing at times, but as always I absolutely love having this in OKC. Our friends thought the whole thing was really cool and we spent nearly an hour just walking the lobby areas.

OKC is attracting millennials by the thousands, I can promise you that. The Jones along with dozens of other openings will ensure that continues - There were hundreds of people at the Jones and most were well dressed young people having an incredible time.

Blog Entries

I had dinner reservations on Friday. Pretty darned cool place. Anyone have pictures from a concert there? Was trying to imagine that experience and would be curious to see the reality. There was someone playing for the crowd that night but it was only to the outside portion, but I saw hinges on the glass so presumed it opens up.

Been twice. Once just for drinks and once to see Better Than Ezra and Wallflowers. Excellent spot. Nothing more to say. It's easily gonna be a popular spot for a long time. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8309.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	14068

Blog Entries

It was difficult imagining 1200 people in that building for a show

I'm going to see Lake Street Dive on Friday and very interested to see how the place operates as a full music venue.

Blog Entries

Lots of pics if you can please. Super curious about the setup. Up to and including where the heck do they put all the seating?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Lots of pics if you can please. Super curious about the setup. Up to and including where the heck do they put all the seating?
    They store all the furniture on the main level under the stage.

Blog Entries

Ah, makes sense

18. Default Re: Jones Assembly

The booths on the east wall are permanent and function as VIP/premium seating. Like Pete says, the rest of the furniture breaks down in a pretty ingenious way and stores under the stage. The doors between the indoor and outdoor space move out of the way - including on the stage - and the place honestly feels like one big space instead of two connected spaces. The sight lines are great, and in the outdoor side the remaining wall feels like not much more than pillars in one open room.

I guess folks will just have to experience it for themselves, but trust me when I say that being in the outdoor side in no way makes you feel removed or like you are in a separate space. As acts better learn how to utilize the end of the stage that extends into the outdoor it will be even more so this way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The booths on the east wall are permanent and function as VIP/premium seating. Like Pete says, the rest of the furniture breaks down in a pretty ingenious way and stores under the stage. The doors between the indoor and outdoor space move out of the way - including on the stage - and the place honestly feels like one big space instead of two connected spaces. The sight lines are great, and in the outdoor side the remaining wall feels like not much more than pillars in one open room.

I guess folks will just have to experience it for themselves, but trust me when I say that being in the outdoor side in no way makes you feel removed or like you are in a separate space. As acts better learn how to utilize the end of the stage that extends into the outdoor it will be even more so this way.
    Cool thanks. I was wondering about the east wall, those booths didn't look like they were going anywhere. Also wasn't sure how much the pillars were in the way with all the glass opened up.

Very hazardous valet operation tonight. Drove through there this evening about 5 minutes after my wife did. (9pmish)The valets are taking cars from both directions. ie...I am west bound in left lane and there is car in right lane valeting. The other valet is valeting a guy in the eastbound inside lane (literally stopped in the middle of the road) leaving one very narrow lane to proceed through with people and cars doors opening and moving on both sides. Asked my wife and she said it was the same when she went through before me.

Total capacity is more like 1670... just FYI

Went to the Lake Street Dive show last night.

The first photo is of the warm-up band. We got there after they had already started so we just got a drink and stood outside. You can see that even when the inside is packed, you still have good sight-lines outside. On a hot, humid night, the misters worked great out there and it was quite comfortable.

Before the main act, we worked our way to the front of the stage as you can see in the second shot. Everybody was friendly and having a good time and the band was fantastic. So much fun.

The bar situation seemed to work out pretty well. The main downstairs bar had the full menu of drinks which took some time but was worth it early on. Later, we just went to one of the two outside bars that had a limited number of beers and other drinks, all cash only.

3rd shot is looking back at the crowd and to the 2nd level VIP area. Not sure I'd want to sit up there for a show as you are pretty well removed, but I'm sure it's nice to have a separate bar and restrooms and patio.

The band made a point to comment about how cool the venue was and the crowd certainly was into it; great vibe.

We did not use the valet to park. We did something that proved to be fun and smart: Carried out pizza from Hall's to Stonecloud before, then walked over for the show. Stonecloud was hopping as it's been each time I've visited.

Afterwards, tons of people stayed and it turned into a massive bar scene. We walked over to FlashBack and danced to the DJ and it was another fun, friendly crowd.

One of those my-goodness-OKC-has-come-a-long-way nights!

Many hilarious faces in the last picture

Going tonight, any favorite cocktails or drinks you guys wanna recommend?

I went Sunday 8-20 for dinner at 6:30. Very nice spot and good food. It was pretty dead though. Front Bar was full and dinning was 3/4 full. No one outside or upstairs. It was 6:30 on a Sunday though. Food was great. Some of it seemed a bit over priced like $9 for deviled eggs but over all it's what your going to pay at any other downtown/bricktown location.

Thread Information