Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

2Lanez Guest

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    Is it grilled octopus? It sounds great. We had the Burata to start and that was quite tasty.
    I believe it's flash-fried. Thin batter and just slightly crispy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure but I've had it twice and really enjoyed it.

From their menu:

Octopus
    thai chile glaze, labneh, lime, cilantro, mint
    I'm not a big octopus fan but really enjoyed it at Jones. I went with a big group so we were able try most of the sides. The favorites for our group were the okra; dips + spreads; octopus; and burrata (though everyone who has had it preferred the Hall's pizza burrata which is out of this world good).

I already love their menu.

Strikes a great balance of interesting offerings without being too out-there or expensive.

Looking forward to their brunch.

I'm really looking forward to trying it, the menu is very interesting and it has my attention.

5. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    I believe it's flash-fried. Thin batter and just slightly crispy.
    Correct it is flash fried. Quickly though to get that texture.

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I already love their menu.

Strikes a great balance of interesting offerings without being too out-there or expensive.

Looking forward to their brunch.
    I like that it is a simple menu. It's much easier to make food on a simple menu spectacular. It's a good trend I've noticed in a lot of the new places opening recently and I don't think it's a coincidence that most of these places are knocking it out of the park due to simplification of their menus.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    A number of shows at JA selling out. Willie Nelson sold out in less than an hour. Great news for this venue but also for the local concert scene in general.
    On that subject, if anyone is trying to sell their tickets to the wallflowers this weekend, I'm looking for two!

Okay had lunch today with a coworker and it was pretty good, the biscuits are misleading as they are about the size of a mini donut, and aren't served hot, just warm. The Ceasar salad was excellent, Steak and fries was excellent, the pizza could have been better, the crust was soggy on the bottom and the sauce was thin and watery..... the steak and fries I would get over and over again.... just not sure if it's a place most people will be able to swing for lunch I was set back $74 with tip and we drank water.

Somehow cross posted

10. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by DickTracy View Post
    Okay had lunch today with a coworker and it was pretty good, the biscuits are misleading as they are about the size of a mini donut, and aren't served hot, just warm. The Ceasar salad was excellent, Steak and fries was excellent, the pizza could have been better, the crust was soggy on the bottom and the sauce was thin and watery..... the steak and fries I would get over and over again.... just not sure if it's a place most people will be able to swing for lunch I was set back $74 with tip and we drank water.
    A majority of the lunch items are under $15, with the steak frites being the most expensive by far. It's not a quick lunch, but it's not priced any differently than a sit down restaurant in OKC.

I talked to Bogert there last night, and he said they have absolutely blown their projections out of the water. The whole place was packed, including the outdoor area (the misting fans work well but it almost made a swampy feel they were so strong). Even with the crowd, I never waited longer than 5 minutes for a drink. We brought our friends from LA / KC there last night and they were blown away. There is really no place like it in the city.

11. Default Re: Jones Assembly

^^^^^
    The mister fans are great for 95% of OKC's summer days but yesterday was just a bad day for them. The dew point yesterday morning was higher than it was in south Florida. Usually we have much less humidity. Misters work best when humidity is low, because their effectiveness relies on the mist evaporating around you, before it actually hits your skin. This effectively cools the air. It's like the difference between a cotton and a Dryfit T-shirt. Yesterday was just a miserable day and even those (amazing) misters were not going to solve that.

I'll be curious to see how well the outside stays heated when things turn cooler.

That will likely be an easier proposition.

13. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Yeah they eventually just turned them off. Very odd weather day for July in Oklahoma.

14. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I'll be curious to see how well the outside stays heated when things turn cooler.

That will likely be an easier proposition.
    Yes those heaters overhead are serious business. Since they are radiant heaters they will be warming surfaces and the people themselves instead of forcing warm air, which would rise and be lost. I suspect you could be comfortable out there with those heaters well into the 40s or maybe even colder.

After reading the rave reviews of every one here....I've got to try this place out. It sounds like the Nashville hot chicken and the pizza might be right up my alley.

Went to the concert there last night. Great crowd and show. Considering the circumstances they did a nice job of keeping people happy. Drink lines we're a bit slow but that's to be expected with the number of people there. Anxious to go back for dinner

Just announced Third Eye Blind for Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Went to the concert there last night. Great crowd and show. Considering the circumstances they did a nice job of keeping people happy. Drink lines we're a bit slow but that's to be expected with the number of people there. Anxious to go back for dinner
    Was it just the main stage room, or did it spill over into the open roof space?

How was the sound?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Considering the circumstances they did a nice job of keeping people happy.
    Meaning just the number of people present for a sold-out concert or were there other circumstances?

I was there and the venue was amazing and BTE was fantastic but the Wallflowers were terrible. Couldn't hear them at all and Jakob Dylon was a d-bag towards the crowd. Sounded like the sound team had messed something up with them. But over great experience because BTE blew everyone away.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    Jakob Dylon was a d-bag towards the crowd.
    What did he do/say to be a dbag?

Seemed very annoyed with the crowd because we weren't interacting but we could hear. At one point he asked how everyone was doing then followed it by saying I guess o shouldn't have asked.

It was very strange, and a little disappointing because I love their music.

I visited this place on Saturday and, first of all, I concur with everyone else that the place is stunning. The attention to detail is really impressive and they've created so many unique spaces within the building. It was packed throughout the day (I stopped in mid-afternoon to check it out and returned with a group for dinner). The service was great all night and dinner was good. There was a bit of a line for drinks when we were leaving, but it was also packed. We were with one of my friends who lives in downtown Dallas and is pretty well connected and he said there's just nothing quite like the Jones in DFW, particuarly when you factor in the detail, size, and diversity of the venue. He actually was talking about making a mid-week trip back to see Matisyahu so I know he really must have been blown away. And, by the way, he was blown away by OKC in general. He went to OU in the 2000s, but hasn't really explored the city much in the last 7 or 8 years and he told me that he's never seen a city change so much so quick.

I normally don't post many critiques of new local places because I'd rather let the owners know, but this place is such a homerun that I feel comfortable nitpicking the only two problems I noticed. First, we sat at the big square side booths and the tables are too big. It was very diffcult to talk to people on the other side of the table with the noise. I remember that Valkyrie in Tulsa has similar tables when they opened and they replaced them before too long. The tables look really cool, but they're just not super functional, especially when the place is hopping and noisy. Second, when we stopped in in the afternoon the place was moderately busy, but you couldn't order any food at all if you weren't sitting at the bar. My wife was really hungry and asked if she could order food and sit 5 feet from the bar and she was told no. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it seemed unnecessary.

Having said that, this place is incredible. Combined with 21C and Stonecloud (which is great too), Film Row is really going to take off.

^

Unless it's changed, you can also order food in the 'lounge' which is the seating area between the downstairs bar and the dining room.

I've tried a couple times now to order food in that lounge area and each time they have told us we had to be seated at the bar and wait for our food to bring over.

Thread Information