Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

1. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can also order food in the lounge between the main bar downstairs and the dining room.

Both the bar and lounge are on first-come, first-serve basis.

Dining room is reservation only.

Outside patio and upstairs 'T Room' is bar service only. T Room opens at 4PM.
    They take walk-ups for dining room as well, they were telling people hour and a half waits last night.

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    They take walk-ups for dining room as well, they were telling people hour and a half waits last night.
    Right, but anyone waiting that long is likely to find a spot at the bar or lounge and get served there.

3. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Right, but anyone waiting that long is likely to find a spot at the bar or lounge and get served there.
    Definitely. We found two spots at the bar almost right away while we waited for our table to be ready. Bigger parties might be better off waiting for a table. I also had the Resy app notify me if any tables opened up, and I was able to get a table at 7:30 day of. Lots of options.

4. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Went on Thursday last week. Food and service were great as well as the music. Someone had rented out the upstairs room so people were waiting 2 hours for a table and bar was swamped. I made reservations so that was a breeze for us.

The complimentary valet is really nice since the parking around there is a nightmare.

The only thing I didn't like and I am not sure it can really be cured is that there is a TON of flies in the inside dining room. I get it is an outdoor indoor place but man the flies were on attack.

^

Interesting about the flies because in multiple visits I noticed there were zero bugs inside and out and assumed they had some sort of control system in place.

6. Default Re: Jones Assembly

^

Interesting about the flies because in multiple visits I noticed there were zero bugs inside and out and assumed they had some sort of control system in place.
    I would think they would have air curtains at the entrances to outside but that would also block out the music from outside.

They were also showing The Outsiders on the projector in the dining room on loop with no subtitles or anything. It was kind of odd to have that on but maybe I'm out of the loop?

Had reservations last night and had another awesome experience.

First of all, no flies around that I noticed so hopefully they have the problem solved.

Place was booked solid for dinner reservations and a solid crowd at the bar, but I noticed at 8PM the lounge (which is seat yourself with full menu) was pretty wide open.

Someone mentioned the Nashville Hot Chicken which they seem to have substituted for a chicken confit dish. I tried the hot chicken and *loved* it. Served with a couple of mini biscuits and two big pieces of boneless meat. Very interesting coating which was not like anything I've had before and it was spicy enough for me, which is saying something. Also believe it is drizzled in honey? If Nashbird serves anything like this dish I am going to be there a lot.

Anyway, great meal, service and experience.

And my dining companion was an out-of-state big city reporter and he was very impressed. So happy we have a place like this to show off to visitors.

8. Default Re: Jones Assembly

^^^

Did you say it was boneless?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    ^^^

Yes.

10. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Yes.
    Well that's disappointing to hear..... Not a fan of boneless chicken but it's taking over in the age of chicken nuggets unfortunately.

^^^

I had the Nashville hot chicken over the weekend also and was surprised that it was boneless. But you get what I assume to be two breasts that are pounded flat. Different than the "traditional" hot chicken but very good and a lot of food. Very shareable if you also get appetizers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JANHC.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	14027

^

Yes, pounded flat and two very large pieces. I took more than half of it home.

I will order it again. Loved it.

Looking for 2 tickets to the wallflowers and better than Ezra. Apparently I waited too long and it's sold out. Text me if anyone has a couple of extra GAs. 405-812-3187

14. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Well I have to play the food snob card.... That's not Nashville Hot Chicken... It's Spicy Chicken Fried Chicken...... Which the food snob in me thinks is a stupid food term in itself.....So maybe I would settle for Deconstructed Nashville Hot Chicken but man I hate the use of the word deconstructed in the culinary form too....... Ok, I have to stop before I go totally Anthony Bourdain on this topic..... lol

That pic does look pretty tasty. I'd still definitely give it a try.

15. Default Re: Jones Assembly

A number of shows at JA selling out. Willie Nelson sold out in less than an hour. Great news for this venue but also for the local concert scene in general.

Well I have to play the food snob card.... That's not Nashville Hot Chicken... It's Spicy Chicken Fried Chicken...... Which the food snob in me thinks is a stupid food term in itself.....So maybe I would settle for Deconstructed Nashville Hot Chicken but man I hate the use of the word deconstructed in the culinary form too....... Ok, I have to stop before I go totally Anthony Bourdain on this topic..... lol

That pic does look pretty tasty. I'd still definitely give it a try.
    I get, and love, all of this.

Will be ordering this dish, whatever its proper term is, tomorrow night now.

My favorite things on their menu are the octopus appetizer, the Caesar salad and that hot chicken.

Had all three last night and was very happy.

I believe the appetizer was $10, the salad $10 and the chicken $16.

So splitting the appetizer, that was a damn good meal for $31.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    A number of shows at JA selling out. Willie Nelson sold out in less than an hour. Great news for this venue but also for the local concert scene in general.
    I'm curious if a sold out show includes GA in the "outside" area? Probably not a great place to watch the main stage, so hopefully it doesn't spill too much over into that area... unless there is a different configuration possible I didn't see at the DC party.

the Caesar salad
    Always on the look out for a real traditional Caesar, like old steakhouse table side Caesar (Juniors/Michaels). Is Jones in that vein or more of the creamy kind of mayo based ones?

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Always on the look out for a real traditional Caesar, like old steakhouse table side Caesar (Juniors/Michaels). Is Jones in that vein or more of the creamy kind of mayo based ones?
    Not traditional but maybe my favorite version.

It's full hearts of romaine with a tangy (not creamy) dressing and these house-made flax croutons that I love. Shaved Parmesan as well. Can't promise you'll like their version but I think it's worth a try.

I keep wanting to try their pizza so maybe next time.

20. Default Re: Jones Assembly

It's full hearts of romaine with a tangy (not creamy) dressing and these house-made flax croutons that I love. Shaved Parmesan as well. Can't promise you'll like their version but I think it's worth a try.

May take a walk over and try both for lunch tomorrow.... Had some dental work done last Thursday and today is the first day I've eaten solid food since.... I wasn't going to pass up The Flying Pig BBQ at Dunlop Codding today no matter how hot the temp or how tender my mouth was!

Well, if it's on the menu, I always give it a shot. I do like some of the non-traditional ones, it's just that the traditional ones are harder and harder to find.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they'll be doing a special or limited menu on show nights?

22. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I had a slice of their margherita pizza last week and it was really good, but it'll be hard for me to order that over the other entrees I want to try. (Octopus is $16, unless they changed the price since last week.)

^

I'm sure you are right about the octopus as it is a delicacy, unique and really good.

I need to try some of their other appetizers.

It's one of those places that just seems so solid across the board it makes you want to try lots of different things, even when you find a few things you already love.

^

I'm sure you are right about the octopus as it is a delicacy, unique and really good.

I need to try some of their other appetizers.

It's one of those places that just seems so solid across the board it makes you want to try lots of different things, even when you find a few things you already love.
    Is it grilled octopus? It sounds great. We had the Burata to start and that was quite tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    Is it grilled octopus? It sounds great. We had the Burata to start and that was quite tasty.
    Not sure but I've had it twice and really enjoyed it.

From their menu:

Octopus
    thai chile glaze, labneh, lime, cilantro, mint

Thread Information