Widgets Magazine

Thread: Founders District

1. Northwest OKC Founders District

I know I am going to get hammered for this, but the city installed sign toppers on a few street signs in our...dare I say...district...this morning. This is an effort towards neighborhood identity, improvement, and camaraderie on the part of an all volunteer board. Thanks to Skyline Media Group, a business in the district, for the sharp design of the toppers! No, we might not have the walkability, the charm, or the variety of small businesses that other districts in OKC have, but what we do have is a love for our city, our neighborhood, and a strong sense of the importance of continuous improvement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sign Topper installation, Mar. 22, 2017.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	13702

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Founders District

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I know I am going to get hammered for this, but the city installed sign toppers on a few street signs in our...dare I say...district...this morning. This is an effort towards neighborhood identity, improvement, and camaraderie on the part of an all volunteer board. Thanks to Skyline Media Group, a business in the district, for the sharp design of the toppers! No, we might not have the walkability, the charm, or the variety of small businesses that other districts in OKC have, but what we do have is a love for our city, our neighborhood, and a strong sense of the importance of continuous improvement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sign Topper installation, Mar. 22, 2017.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	13702
    Congratulations, celebrator. You'll not get hammered by me for any of this. You may not have some things that other districts have, but you have what's important in spades. I hope your district flourishes.

What are the boundaries of this district? NW Expwy/63rd/Lake Hefner Parkway/May?

I would think 50th instead of NWEx and Villa instead of May.

Gotta start somewhere

6. Default Re: Founders District

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I would think 50th instead of NWEx and Villa instead of May.
    It's actually a lot smaller than that. 59th St. to the N, Independence to the W, N. May to the E, and NW Expwy to the S. Our website here shows it on a map http://www.foundersdistrictokc.com/

7. Default Re: Founders District

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Congratulations, celebrator. You'll not get hammered by me for any of this. You may not have some things that other districts have, but you have what's important in spades. I hope your district flourishes.
    Really, really appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

Its kind of cool that your district has both Groovy Bar & Hooters. Not too many can claim that

Thread Information