Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pueblo at Paseo

1. Default Re: Pueblo at Paseo

Default Re: Pueblo at Paseo

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yes, I think it is a sleeping giant still. So much character and potential including design AND location, yet it lags behind upstart areas with nowhere near the charm.
    Yeah - It still has a ton of untapped potential. One of its unique characteristics is that it isn't bisected by a throughfare, unlike Uptown 23, Plaza, heart of midtown, etc.

Any word on Via Paseo?

It's too dark to get a good picture, but this development is absolutely incredible. It really creates a number of walkable, human scale retail spaces. Great addition to Paseo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8927.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	14047

I'll try to get some pictures in the light tomorrow.

Norman's Scratch plus 2 more restaurants set to open in Paseo project

As the Pueblo at Paseo wraps up construction, the first new build in the district in years has been met with strong demand with all nine of it's spaces pre-leased to a variety of tenants.

The design of the new complex by developer Jeremy Foraker takes cues from many of the Spanish-style buildings in the area, with 3 separate structures and a large central courtyard.

Scratch Paseo, an off-shoot of the popular Scratch Kitchen & Cocktails in Norman, will be the first of 3 restaurants to open.

The proprietor of Scratch, Brady Sexton, plans to serve what he described as the best cocktails in Oklahoma City, with a full bar program including house made sodas. Sexton expects the menu to be 'smaller but more sophisticated' than the Norman location. In addition to a large bar in the center of the space, there will be an emphasis on the expansive patio. Hours will be 11AM to 2AM 7 days a week with the kitchen staying open until midnight. Sexton hopes to open by November 1st.

Next door to Scratch will be a new breakfast concept being developed by veterans of the OKC restaurant scene.

And across the courtyard will be Craft, a free-standing coffee and wine bar. All three restaurants will open onto the large 2-level courtyard with plenty of outdoor seating.

In the west building, six more tenants are setting up shop.

Braid Creative is taking two spaces on the north end. Smash Bangles (jewelry boutique), Eric Bloemers Photograhy, and Camp Pixel (design and animation studio) and an office tenant have also signed leases.

At the south end is Herban Gardens, which provides non-GMO culinary herbs and produce that are all grown from heirloom seeds. All products are free of herbicides and pesticides.

Interior finishes have commenced for most tenants with the first opening as soon as September.

As OKCTalk was first to report, another new project will soon be starting in the Paseo, with the restaurant Frida and bar Daley starting construction to the east of the Pueblo.

Will that SE parking lot be used to accommodate the increase in needed parking?

There is plenty of street parking all around this district.

Hours will be 11AM to 2PM 7 days a week with the kitchen staying open until midnight
    Pete, are the hours meant to read 11AM to 2AM?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Pete, are the hours meant to read 11AM to 2AM?
    I already corrected.

Who are the "veterans of the OKC restaurant scene" tied to the breakfast place? I'm sure if you wanted to share you would have put it in the article, but figured I would just double check if you could share.

Quote Originally Posted by LFordD40 View Post
    Who are the "veterans of the OKC restaurant scene" tied to the breakfast place? I'm sure if you wanted to share you would have put it in the article, but figured I would just double check if you could share.
    Can't share at this time but they are people who know what they are doing. Should be a great spot.

Yeah this development is going to be a real gem. I am really looking forward to it opening.

Very telling that it is fully leased well before opening.

Shows the largely untapped potential of the Paseo.

In addition to this architecture fitting in perfectly, I love the upper pedestrian area. Feels very intimate in person, like walking along an small town block. This development and the other new one will really bring a lot of life to the Paseo.

I am the owner of Eric Bloemers Photography. The space in the graphic is wrong, my spot and Smash Bangles are switched. just FYI I am super excited to join the Paseo Arts district. My space will actually be called EB Gallery. It will the city's only photography only gallery. It will feature my work, as well as a rotating artist each month, to keep everything fresh for each First Friday. The website just directs to my personal page right now, but It will have more info there on open times, and new featured artists. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter as well. www.ebgalleryokc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enderokc View Post
    I am the owner of Eric Bloemers Photography. The space in the graphic is wrong, my spot and Smash Bangles are switched. just FYI I am super excited to join the Paseo Arts district. My space will actually be called EB Gallery. It will the city's only photography only gallery. It will feature my work, as well as a rotating artist each month, to keep everything fresh for each First Friday. The website just directs to my personal page right now, but It will have more info there on open times, and new featured artists. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter as well. www.ebgalleryokc.com
    Thank you and I'll correct right away.

Good luck with your new place!

Braid Creative and Eric Bloemers Photography are now open here:

I love this development!

Thread Information