Widgets Magazine

Thread: 12800 N. MacArthur

Default 12800 N. MacArthur

Hello, all. New member here. Apologies if this topic has been posted before, but I wasn't able to find anything, so here goes. My sister and I were trustees on the 5-acre residence at 12800 N. MacArthur (it's halfway between NW 122nd and Memorial Road). This is where we grew up; mom and dad bought the land in 1967 and built their dream home there. They have both passed away, and we sold it October, 2014, to NW Property Venture, LLC. I don't know anything about this company, nor what the plans are for development of it. I did find that a demolition permit was issued to Midwest Wrecking in September, but the house still stands at this point. The county assessor's page lists it as "commercial vacant land," though the city records show that it is still and R-1 property.

I've looked at Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meeting agendas over the past several months but haven't seen anything relevant.

Anyone have any further information about what might be planned for this site, or who/what is NW Property Venture? Thank you!

Blog Entries

Default Re: 12800 N. MacArthur

I am not sure but I drive by that property all the time and have seen a little activity lately. I recall when it was listed for sale. It's very nice along that creek area and the office complexes nearby are top notch.

That LLC does not own any other property in OKC.

Also, their mailing address is 5030 N. May #286, which is in the Mayfair Shopping Center.

No type of permit or zoning applications as of yet, other than the demolition.

I'll keep my eyes pealed. A recent purchase and demolition almost always means something is coming soon.

It was a lovely place to grow up. That creek runs northeast and fills the Martin Park Nature Center pond. About a third of the property lies in a flood zone so I would guess there will be some fill work done. And I goofed about the demolition permit being issued in September - I meant this past February.

Thanks for the info. I had looked up the LLC address, too, and it's just a PO Box at the Mayfair UPS store. So, a bit of a mystery who that LLC is.

One thing for sure is that time will tell. I will be glad to see the house gone, because vandals have really messed it up and I would rather not remember it that way!

Blog Entries

They did the demo on the house last few days. It's cleared and ready for something!

7. Default Re: 12800 N. MacArthur

Did your parents, by chance, hold the mineral rights for this 5 acre tract? If so, your real estate broker should have had it written in the contract for you to RETAIN those rights. $154,000 / acre for unimproved commercial land is a giant red flag that mineral rights were most likely involved. Did the same broker represent both the seller & buyer sides? Hmmm. You should definitely have your family attorney look into that.

Northwest Properties Ventures LLC also purchased a 4.39 acre tract located at 7528 NW 150TH ST in September of 2014. In December 2014, they deeded ownership of that tract to Gastar Exploration (not a sale, just a transfer of ownership between two related entities) and they now have a giant drilling rig up on it. Look north of town on the NW side at night and you'll see it lit up.

My parents did not hold mineral rights to the land - I did think to look into that. From looking over the deed, I know that in the past a lot of oil and gas activity had taken place there. I don't know how mineral rights are procured, but I guess if our family never held them, they were purchased from whoever did. I think a similar change in ownership was done after the sale of the property - it is now owned by GASTAR Exploration. Interesting.

Thread Information