Widgets Magazine

Thread: Village North

Far North Village North

Mathis Brothers is continuing its aggressive expansion with a $8 million, 70,500 square foot complex on Memorial Road near the Lake Hefner Parkway to be called Village North.

For the first time the company will combine one of it's Sleep Centers along with an Ashley Homestore and a La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery.

In 2013, Mathis Brothers announced plans to partner with Ashley to open stores in the state. Currently, there are locations in Owasso, two in Tulsa and one in Norman. Mathis has long been a big seller of both Ashley and La-Z-Boy lines and operates a La-Z-Boy store at Reno and Portland in Oklahoma City.

For perspective, the 70,500 Village North project is approximately the size of one of the two floors at the Mathis super store at 3434 W. Reno. The three new stores will be under one roof and inter-connected.

As we were also first to report, Mathis Brothers is currently under construction on a massive new 325,000 square foot warehouse and distribution center to the west of their main store. The complex is nearing completion.

Site work has commenced on Village North, which will be immediately east of the planned Papadeaux restaurant.

Default Re: Village North

This is pretty far along now. I haven't been able to take any pics on the account of me loosing my iPhone and I'm waiting a new one, but this will be really nice for the area. Now if they get the damn Pappadeaux going, this will be one of my favorite areas in the city.

From yesterday:

Believe they are open now; at least the Mathis Sleep Center and La Z Boy are and all these stores are interconnected.

This reminds me, I need a new mattress... Lol

How are the prices at the Mathis Sleep Center? They never seem busy at their other locations.

Does Mathis Brothers own the Ashely Furniture Home Store in Norman?

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Does Mathis Brothers own the Ashely Furniture Home Store in Norman?
    Yes.

Mathis Brothers have the rights for all the free-standing stores in Oklahoma. They are planning up to five.

I stopped in to the Ashley store. It was nice, but they didn't have quite as much contemporary stuff as I would prefer. I asked an employee, it seems that Mathis Brothers operates the stores, but they only cary Ashley products.

They are planning to add a Mathis Outlet to the east end of this complex.

Thread Information