Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Does anyone know if our 7-11s are doing the Bring your own cup thing today?

you would have to check with the store you plan to visit.. as participation varies. and I believe there are only certain hours its available.

3. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I have 1 relative that worked his entire life and retired from 7/11, and 1 that still works for 7/11, and at one time was a store manager. I've talked to them for years and I don't really see where they made a 'great wage'. He might have made 50 k a year as a manager but they always worked a ton of hours. He does have the utmost respect for the Brown's.
    Context. Making 50K a year in OKC plus amazing benefits, for working at a convenience store mind you, is pretty good if you ask me.

OnCue starts about a dollar or two less at $10.65, if it's still the same when I was hired in 2013. No benefits since I put in my two weeks 6 months ago. That may have changed but it's just for comparison sakes.

Loved working at OnCue btw. Great company and great interaction between sales associates and higher ups in the company. Really loved the friendly, safe environment they provided.

I took these yesterday at NW Expressway & MacArthur.

Looks like they are getting very close... And IMO the design is pretty sharp:

I've always wondered why there are no 7-elevens on the eastside of OKC

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    I've always wondered why there are no 7-elevens on the eastside of OKC
    Does Eastern in Moore count? or Air Depot in MWC? NE 10th in MWC? Sunnylane in Del City? I realize that these aren't exactly OKC, but ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-11.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	10671

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Does Eastern in Moore count? or Air Depot in MWC? NE 10th in MWC? Sunnylane in Del City? I realize that these aren't exactly OKC, but ...

I was thinking just the eastside in OKC metro, between 10th and 63rd and Bryant and 235

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post

It looks like 9925 SE 15th Midwest City is as far east as any 7-11 in the state goes.

I was thinking the same thing they could make a killing over by the zoo and Remington and by tinseltown.

Has anyone heard whether they plan on closing the Wilshire store, MacArthur and Britton store, or neither?

Does anyone know if the Browns own or lease the properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Does anyone know if the Browns own or lease the properties?
    They may lease some, but the huge majority of their properties are owned by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I took these yesterday at NW Expressway & MacArthur.

Looks like they are getting very close... And IMO the design is pretty sharp:

Another new feature that you can't see in those photos is that they have added outdoor covered seating in front of the store. It makes it resemble a small patio.

OnCue steps into the QuikTrip void; 7 Eleven responds

The Brown family has been operating 7 Eleven convenience stores in Central Oklahoma since 1953, with over 110 locations.

Now with increased pressure from competitors – especially Stillwater-based OnCue Express – the company has launched a new, much larger concept with plans to expand throughout Central Oklahoma.

Currently, the first of this new prototype is well under construction at Northwest Expressway and MacArthur.

7 Eleven has also been issued building permits for the larger stores for the northeast corner of NW 122nd and Penn and NE 36th just east of I-235.

In addition, the company has acquired property at the northeast corner of NW 23rd and Council and several other OKC area locations.

Whereas the traditional 7 Eleven in the Oklahoma City area is less than 3,000 square feet, the new stores will be twice that size with large canopies over multiple gas pumps.

The stores will also feature expanded food service and more items in general as well as outdoor seating.

While 7 Eleven is an international brand, the stores in Oklahoma are under completely separate ownership and operate relatively independently from the larger organization.

There can be no question that the new-concept 7 Elevens are a response to the aggressive growth plans of OnCue Express, which continues to open it's expansive locations throughout the metro area.

And in turn, OnCue has been Oklahoma City's answer to Tulsa-based QuikTrip which has purposely avoided the Central Oklahoma market.

In an 8/20/15 Tulsa World interview, QuikTrip's CEO Chet Cadieux went on the record as to why: A handshake agreement with the Brown family.

Cadieux told the World that QT received valuable early advice from Bill Brown and “As long as Brown’s family owns those stores, it would be unconscionable to open there.”

As QuikTrip expanded rapidly nationwide, there was an obvious void in the Oklahoma City market for large-scale, full-service convenience stores and OnCue stepped into it.

OnCue recently opened a new location at 33rd & Kelly in Edmond, has started construction at NW 36th and May and in Mustang, and has cleared lots at May & Hefner and NW 10th and Portland.

Now, 7 Eleven seems to be responding.

Real Bathrooms!!!! lol

Do you know if the Moore store will be the new concept when they get around to rebuilding it? It would pretty much have to be if oncue is still planning on building down the street.

good stuff Pete.

Shows what increased competition can do, glad to see this response.

Now, 7 Eleven seems to be responding.
    Bummer. I was hoping that the Brown/OKC stores would shrivel up and die so the real 7-Elevens could someday move in and we'd be able to partake in Slurpees and other national 7-Eleven promotions.

The pictures of the 7-11 store that Pete posted look very similar to the 7-11 in Norman on the corner of Robinson and Flood. I believe that 7-11 has been there at least for a year if not a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The pictures of the 7-11 store that Pete posted look very similar to the 7-11 in Norman on the corner of Robinson and Flood. I believe that 7-11 has been there at least for a year if not a little longer.
    That store finished up when I was still in school now, so over 2.5 years. That store was definitely nicer than anything they currently had, and these stores all seem like a step-up. I hope they will have both 10% ethanol and 100% gas options... I know they have converted some of their existing stores to this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    No, that has more gas pumps but is basically the old slightly larger style; in fact it even has lease space on the west side.

But it's funny you mentioned that location because two weeks ago I stopped at the OnCue just north of there on Flood and it was *packed*. I made it a point to count and there were more than 40 (!) cars there.

Then, I drove right by that 7 Eleven and there were literally zero cars; not even at the gas pumps.

No, that has more gas pumps but is basically the old slightly larger style; in fact it even has lease space on the west side.

But it's funny you mentioned that location because two weeks ago I stopped at the OnCue just north of there on Flood and it was *packed*. I made it a point to count and there were more than 40 (!) cars there.

Then, I drove right by that 7 Eleven and there were literally zero cars; not even at the gas pumps.
    I just looked this up. Interesting.
    https://ok7-eleven.com/about/history/

They were installing the fuel takes at the new 7-11 on 122nd and Penn today. I was surprised to see them put into the ground this early in the process. The tanks are literally the first new construction on the site besides dirt work.

Up in Wichita for the weekend and see that QT has some new concept stores that are similar to these new 7-11's. Outdoor seating and stuff

I took this today. They are very close to opening at NW Expressway and MacArthur:

25. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Up in Wichita for the weekend and see that QT has some new concept stores that are similar to these new 7-11's. Outdoor seating and stuff
    There's been one on Broadway south of Kellogg for a couple of years or so.

Thread Information