Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat, but I live on Memorial and rockwell. We'll see what's up when it happens.
    We are probably neighbors...

What kind of fuel does 7-Eleven use? I know OnCue uses TopTier.

Doesn't OnCue use Phillips66 gas?

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I live on Memorial and rockwell. We'll see what's up when it happens.
    I'm really hoping what happens is OnCue builds next door to this new 7-Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Doesn't OnCue use Phillips66 gas?
    They do, exclusively, for at least gasoline and diesel (https://www.oncueexpress.com/phillips-66). I think the E85 and CNG, at the OnCue stations that carry them, are not ConocoPhillips products - but I honestly don't remember 100%.

All grades of Phillips 66 gasoline are Top Tier certified fuels. I don't know if their diesel fuel meets the Top Tier additive standards, but that's a pretty new standard so it might not yet.

7-Eleven, on the other hand, uses basically the cheapest fuel they can get from their wholesaler, according to their FAQ (https://ok7-eleven.com/about/faq/). I seem to remember that they went through Red Rock Distributing for a long time but I have no idea if they still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    We are probably neighbors...

What kind of fuel does 7-Eleven use? I know OnCue uses TopTier.
    Hello Neighbor,

As peopl ehave mentioned, 7/11 isn't top tier. Of course the real question is will the convenience override the concern of quality of gas and experience in general.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I think the E85 and CNG, at the OnCue stations that carry them, are not ConocoPhillips products - but I honestly don't remember 100%.
    i think you're right on the e85... i'm pretty sure those pumps say something to the effect of 'not a conocophillips product'

Hello Neighbor,

As peopl ehave mentioned, 7/11 isn't top tier. Of course the real question is will the convenience override the concern of quality of gas and experience in general.
    Depends on the vehicle I'm fueling up. Race car gets good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    I'm really hoping what happens is OnCue builds next door to this new 7-Eleven.
    The traffic counts currently plus what traffic counts will be once this area fully develops could easily support both and with easy turnpike access it would be ideal location for oncue as well. They should look into buying the north west corner at memorial and Rockwell. My wishful thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    The traffic counts currently plus what traffic counts will be once this area fully develops could easily support both and with easy turnpike access it would be ideal location for oncue as well. They should look into buying the north west corner at memorial and Rockwell. My wishful thinking...
    Mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Mine as well.
    Could also see them go one mile west and build one at Memorial & Council...

Big money, big money, big money. No whammy, no whammy, no whammy....

Selfishly I'm hoping for somewhere on MacArthur between memorial and Hefner. In fact, everyday I drive past the SE corner of Hefner and MacArthur and think it would be perfect. Just saying

Noticed yesterday they put a sign up at the Wilshire and Council 7-Eleven that they're building a new location where the current one is. They'll have a to get going if that Casey's is getting built at the same intersection. It will be interesting to see the intersection change so drastically. I'm assuming that means the Casey's is looking at the lot across the street on the southwest corner?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusred View Post
    I'm assuming that means the Casey's is looking at the lot across the street on the southwest corner?
    Yes:

SW 89th and May location opened in new building yesterday. They will begin tearing down the existing location in the next few days to then complete the existing pumps and remaining parking lot for the new building. Good planning on their part so that they never had to close the location down.

This is the 7/11 at SW 89th & May:

The old 7/11 on NW 63rd west of MacArthur and just west of the Warr Acres library post office has closed.

Been there forever and was one of their typical small, dingy stores.

18. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Back around 1990 I dated a girl who lived in those ratty apartments behind. I made plenty of Icee runs to that 7-11; probably more than a few while drunk and in bare feet, regrettably.

I have noticed a number of the liquor stores that were attached to 7-11s along my normal driving routes have closed. For example, the 7-11 at Sara Rd and 66 had a small liquor that is now closed. The 7-11 at 36th and Rockwell had a small liquor store called Bethany Liquor and it is now closed. The 7-11 at 10th and Western also had a liquor store, a fairly nice one, that is now close. There are other examples as well. Is this a trend because 7-11 is trying to update their stores and pushing those liquor stores out or is this all to do with the upcoming liquor law changes? Or is it just coincidence that I have driven by all of the liquor stores that just happened to have closed recently?

It was reported in the Journal Record that Oklahoma City 7-Eleven store owners wouldn't renew the leases of attached liquor stores.

21. Default Re: 7 Eleven

New 7-11 at 2nd and Coltrane is now open. Nice, big and new. I’m sure it will be very popular. The no drive through though means I’ll stick to the nearby On Cue for my daily trips.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I have noticed a number of the liquor stores that were attached to 7-11s along my normal driving routes have closed. For example, the 7-11 at Sara Rd and 66 had a small liquor that is now closed. The 7-11 at 36th and Rockwell had a small liquor store called Bethany Liquor and it is now closed. The 7-11 at 10th and Western also had a liquor store, a fairly nice one, that is now close. There are other examples as well. Is this a trend because 7-11 is trying to update their stores and pushing those liquor stores out or is this all to do with the upcoming liquor law changes? Or is it just coincidence that I have driven by all of the liquor stores that just happened to have closed recently?
    Interesting, because a liquor store in a 7-11 center at SW 104 and Penn shut down just a couple of months ago....

Went by the site at Rockwell and Memorial (SE corner) and they are starting to get busy.

Here are the plans; the building will face Rockwell and include some lease space on the south end:

The store at Council and Wilshire has demolished the small space adjacent to it which had 2 businesses I believe. They might just be expanding the building from the looks of the groundwork.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    It was reported in the Journal Record that Oklahoma City 7-Eleven store owners wouldn't renew the leases of attached liquor stores.
    This is correct. With the change in our liquor laws, liquor stores are now viewed as competitors by 7-Eleven and no leases are being renewed or being entered in to...

Thread Information