Name:	I2Vo2Tc.jpg 
Views:	3259 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	10571

Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

Always good to see maps where "republican" is viewed as a cut

Fail

It's partially true. Back in the 70's I knew a girl and her boyfriend that were executed and slightly dismembered at Draper lake.

proud "asshole" here

5. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

I'm not sure if I'm a lesbian...or a hippie.

Map is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm a lesbian...or a hippie.
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a Man's body. I've learned to hide my hippie from the general public. Most times.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Map is spot on.
    I find a lot of the people calling this map spot are the same ones that frown upon those who judge. I guess so many of those preaching acceptance aren't so accepting at all.

That being said, it's funny, but the sweeping generalizations that are made by both urbanists about those who live on the fringe and vice versa are tiresome.

I laughed.

Braums hate? That's a thing? No real surprise I guess.

10. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    proud "asshole" here
    Just south of "asshole". About where the "soon" is of "restaurants soon". I guess I can live near "restaurants" and "restaurants soon" since we eat out a lot.

Some of the descriptions are rather funny Some, not so much.
    Oh well, even Carlin had an off joke or three.

Well . . . it looks as if I'm comfortably entrenched in Republicanland, nestled between entitled assholes and rich hippies.

13. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

I find a lot of the people calling this map spot are the same ones that frown upon those who judge. I guess so many of those preaching acceptance aren't so accepting at all.

That being said, it's funny, but the sweeping generalizations that are made by both urbanists about those who live on the fringe and vice versa are tiresome.
    Sometimes you need to step back and laugh at reality.

14. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

Apparently for 15 years I lived in amongst 'Strippers' and now I'm officially one of the 'Uptight Pricks.'

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail View Post
    Just south of "asshole". About where the "soon" is of "restaurants soon". I guess I can live near "restaurants" and "restaurants soon" since we eat out a lot.
    Just under the "soon" also. More specifically, there's a Domino's Pizza 150 yards from the apartment.

16. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

Just south of the restaurants, and yes it's aptly named

It's a joke.. sheesh. Some descriptions are harsher than others but I don't see anything on there particularly flattering about any area, hence it being a judgmental map of the entire metro. There's a difference between stereotyping neighborhoods in a funny way and actually judging individuals on a personal, daily level. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the famous "NJ stereotypes map" and know the guy who made it (FYI -- http://www.therightperspective.org/w...p-591x1024.jpg), which IMO features much harsher/offensive descriptions about some areas than anything on our map, but I really just found this funny to poke fun at our beloved metro. Hopefully no one is actually offended by this.

18. Default Re: Judgmental map of Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Just under the "soon" also. More specifically, there's a Domino's Pizza 150 yards from the apartment.
    Very close. We're roughly behind the Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail View Post
    Very close. We're roughly behind the Post Office.
    Cool! I'm in the apartments north of the Domino's.

I am stuck between hippie and lesbian as well.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Sometimes you need to step back and laugh at reality.
    Yeah, because everyone who lives north of Kilpatrick Sunday brunches at Chili's (stolen from the OKC Suburbanite twitter page...another one for good laughs)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    It's a joke.. sheesh. Some descriptions are harsher than others but I don't see anything on there particularly flattering about any area, hence it being a judgmental map of the entire metro. There's a difference between stereotyping neighborhoods in a funny way and actually judging individuals on a personal, daily level. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the famous "NJ stereotypes map" and know the guy who made it (FYI -- http://www.therightperspective.org/w...p-591x1024.jpg), which IMO features much harsher/offensive descriptions about some areas than anything on our map, but I really just found this funny to poke fun at our beloved metro. Hopefully no one is actually offended by this.
    I'm not at all

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Always good to see maps where "republican" is viewed as a cut

Fail
    Always good to see posts with your ability to to relate to other humanoids and/or laugh at yourself

Fail

I think what is not funny about the map is, in an area where they couldn't think of something smart to put, they just put something like racists, or Republican, or whatever.

For example, there has to be a story behind "gay electricians" right? If there is I don't know it, but the ones that actually mean something to that area (like Semi-Permanent Disaster Area) are the clever ones.

Gay electricians... That's uhh..... Interesting!

Thread Information