Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW 134th (4th Street) & Santa Fe

Default SW 134th (4th Street) & Santa Fe

This is technically in OKC limits, but there is an approved proposal for a grocery store with fuel center on the southwest corner of SW 134th and Santa Fe. It just says "Grocery Concept", so I'm not sure which grocery store it is. I know walmart is expanding, but I can't imagine they would open a neighborhood market there, with the regular walmart so close?

Plans
    Staff Report
    Proposed Rezoning Area

Anyone hear anything about this?

Default Re: SW 134th (4th Street) & Santa Fe

Let's hope, let's hope it's a new concept or perhaps in entry new-to-the-market grocer.

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for some new options! Really hope its not a Neighborhood Market, but either way, I do think a gas station on that corner would definitely be nice.

The links aren't working for me so I can't look closely but this sounds like the same generic naming scheme other recent Neighborhood Markets have had.

This is a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. It was announced around the same time as the Wal-Mart Super Center to built at I-44 and SW 104th.

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    This is technically in OKC limits, but there is an approved proposal for a grocery store with fuel center on the southwest corner of SW 134th and Santa Fe. It just says "Grocery Concept", so I'm not sure which grocery store it is. I know walmart is expanding, but I can't imagine they would open a neighborhood market there, with the regular walmart so close?

Plans
    Staff Report
    Proposed Rezoning Area

Anyone hear anything about this?
    Why not? It would make it almost exactly the same distance as it is from the existing neighborhood Walmart to the supercenter. Certainly a strategic move to sway any west/southwest traffic from driving to 19th where they have competition from Target, Aldi, and eventually WinCo.

The Moore Walmart is always very busy so it makes since they would build a neighborhood market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    This is a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market. It was announced around the same time as the Wal-Mart Super Center to built at I-44 and SW 104th.
    I feel like I remember that as well.

9. Default Re: SW 134th (4th Street) & Santa Fe

I think that would put a big dent into GFF's business (on 12th and Santa Fe).

Default New Wal-Mart Coming

Wal-Mart Neighborhood market coming at corner of 134th and Santa Fe

Default Re: New Wal-Mart Coming

Where is 134th and Santa Fe located in Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Where is 134th and Santa Fe located in Moore?
    Let me google that for you

I wonder if this Wal-Mart will finally be the end of G F F Foods up the street.

There is a thread already talking about this. We might want to merge them, Pete?

http://www.okctalk.com/moore/40305-s...-santa-fe.html

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I wonder if this Wal-Mart will finally be the end of G F F Foods up the street.
    I hope not GFF is a much better grocery store than Wal Mart. Better meat and foods in general at GFF

Plans are out to bid. Start date is estimated to be June 15 with a completion around mid December. Here is a picture of the site plan.

Walmart 134th and Santa Fe.jpg

I hope not GFF is a much better grocery store than Wal Mart. Better meat and foods in general at GFF
    Ew, really? We always called it "Ghetto Foods".

Walmart probably will hurt their business but if people care about GFF that much, they'll keep going.

Does anyone know when they going to build the neighborhood Walmart on 4th and Santa Fe?

Quote Originally Posted by David1903 View Post
    Does anyone know when they going to build the neighborhood Walmart on 4th and Santa Fe?
    They are still in the permit review process.. I think there were several corrections required on the submitted plans, so they are probably trying to get all that squared away and will then resubmit plans.

Silt fence up today.

Just saw that today too

Noticed this weekend this store was close to being done. I believe it had a sign saying it would open sometime in January 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Noticed this weekend this store was close to being done. I believe it had a sign saying it would open sometime in January 2016.
    I was in GFF this weekend , just because I didn't want to drive over and fight Crest crowd, they are in real trouble.....there is no chance they survive, after Walmart opens.... It's so dirty and poorly stocked, for example I was trying to buy so,e yogurt for the wife and literally the first carton I picked up expired on November 14th , it December 28th for crying out loud.... Narrow isles ,just bad al together and super expensive.

I think GFF will do ok still, they have good produce and Meats. The store isn't that bad and I wouldn't call it dirty. Just an old fashioned type grocery store which is welcome compared to todays corporate stores like Wal-Mart and the like.

I think GFF will do ok still, they have good produce and Meats. The store isn't that bad and I wouldn't call it dirty. Just an old fashioned type grocery store which is welcome compared to todays corporate stores like Wal-Mart and the like.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Thread Information