Widgets Magazine
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 232425262728

Thread: OKC Zoo

Default Re: OKC Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    do you know if there is a way to renew it online (because i need to renew mine).. or do you have to do in in person?
    Looks like you can do it online. https://www.okczoo.org/membership

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    . . .super easy to do! Can stash it in your "wallet"

3. Default Re: OKC Zoo

This. I always do it online.

Nice

5. Default Re: OKC Zoo

So if you watch for Mathis Brothers, they do a renewal drive every year and it's at a discount. And you usually get some little stuffed animal or something for the kiddos too. You do have to go to the store to do it though.

I'd encourage anyone doing one, to look at the Science Museum as well. Only 1 or 2 trips, just like the zoo, and it's paid for it. And with the family options, you can let Grandma take them on your membership too. There are some rules around that, but it's great. And the SMO pass is good for discounts or free entry at a LOT of other children's museums around the country (zoo pass for zoos too) if the place you are going is a member of those groups. And even if they aren't, sometimes if you ask, they'll discount you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So if you watch for Mathis Brothers, they do a renewal drive every year and it's at a discount. And you usually get some little stuffed animal or something for the kiddos too. You do have to go to the store to do it though.

I'd encourage anyone doing one, to look at the Science Museum as well. Only 1 or 2 trips, just like the zoo, and it's paid for it. And with the family options, you can let Grandma take them on your membership too. There are some rules around that, but it's great. And the SMO pass is good for discounts or free entry at a LOT of other children's museums around the country (zoo pass for zoos too) if the place you are going is a member of those groups. And even if they aren't, sometimes if you ask, they'll discount you anyway.
    Mathis Brother's for the longest time had the 6 person pass for SMO around $99 during the holidays year after year. SMO has not offered this in recent years, but usually has a $15-20 discount around Black Friday. The SMO 6 membership is now $210. One of the biggest perks as you mentioned was the ability to travel to other Science Museums around the country and get in free. Dallas has the Perot Museum which would be an $80 one-time-visit for a family of four. Similarly, Wichita has Exploration Place and Bentonville has the Amazeum, with free admission. If you travel with kids, this is great for a two-three hour stop for FREE!

https://150136929.v2.pressablecdn.co...3-May-2024.pdf

The OKC Zoo membership in our experience is not as generous as the ATSC Science Museum Program when used at other Zoo's, usually offering 50 percent off admission, which is still a good deal, the Wichita/Segwick County Zoo would $90 at the gate for a one-time day visit without the pass and the Tulsa Zoo would be around $60 for a one time visit, so the memberships can certainly add up and pay for themselves.

I'm not sure why people keep saying "SMO". The proper name is the Omniplex and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    I'm not sure why people keep saying "SMO". The proper name is the Omniplex and always will be.
    I can't stop referring to it as the Omniplex, either. My kids are so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    But they just changed the sign on I-44 at the exit, from Omniplex/Omnidome to Science Museum Oklahoma...it only took 17 years.

10. Default Re: OKC Zoo

I got to go last weekend and walk around the new area. It is very well done. The views are great and the design is top notch. The giraffe area is so much better. They get so close to you now it is amazing. Some great new seating areas and some speakers around the area playing african style music. Check it out!

(also they are back to serving DipNDots in containers instead of the pre made packs that were super annoying to eat from).

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I got to go last weekend and walk around the new area. It is very well done. The views are great and the design is top notch. The giraffe area is so much better. They get so close to you now it is amazing. Some great new seating areas and some speakers around the area playing african style music. Check it out!

(also they are back to serving DipNDots in containers instead of the pre made packs that were super annoying to eat from).
    Do you still have the opportunity to feed the giraffes? I've not ever done it, but I think my daughter would get a kick out of it.

Do you still have the opportunity to feed the giraffes? I've not ever done it, but I think my daughter would get a kick out of it.
    Yes, my son did that during spring break while visiting. They switch from either inside the barn or outside beside it.

13. Default Re: OKC Zoo

You can! 2 to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. There is an inside area where a few giraffes are and they get VERY close to you without feeding. My son was very excited to be so close.

https://twpark.com/

Tanganyika Wildlife Park
    just west of wichita has hippo and rhino feeding as well as giraffes and other animals you can feed. When my kids were littler we went a few times.

15. Default Re: OKC Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    https://twpark.com/

Tanganyika Wildlife Park
    just west of wichita has hippo and rhino feeding as well as giraffes and other animals you can feed. When my kids were littler we went a few times.
    Just in case people care Tanganyika has been accused of being a not so ethical zoo and more like a tigerking like theme park. You can read more about it online and make your choice.

Thread Information