Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Is this why recently this route has not served lunch in first class but previously on the CR7 it did?
    Correct - for whatever reason, this route got upgauged from Envoy's CR7 to Mesa's CR9 - so an increase in capacity but as you saw, an absurd downgrade in service, given Mesa's lack of catering equipment. Not that LCC's food is even edible!

2. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

This weekend I will be taking a 3 segment flight to finally earn status on American for the first time (I missed last year by 2 segments). My question is, is earning status common that way or do people usually earn it through miles/points?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    This weekend I will be taking a 3 segment flight to finally earn status on American for the first time (I missed last year by 2 segments). My question is, is earning status common that way or do people usually earn it through miles/points?
    Should've done a quick segment run last year to qualify! An early congrats - life with status is pretty good, even Gold. Lots of people qualify based on segments - probably too many - which is one theory as to why AA raised the requirement from 100 to 120 segments to qualify for EXP this year.

I've qualified for EXP the last 5 years on segments after previously not having status. Not sure I'll make 120 this year. If I do, that will suck.

Since we are a non-hub city in the middle of the country, qualifying on segments is generally easier unless you are flying internationally. Consider on AA their longest nonstop from OKC is LAX at 1187mi, it would take 21 one-way trips or at least 11 round trips to LAX achieve gold. And if you're flying to closer places, it takes even more trips. If you are connecting through DFW or ORD, you would need just 8 round trips. You could of course take 2 overseas trips to Asia or parts of Europe or deep South America and qualify (or nearly) for gold.

Sonic is putting in self order kiosks (good, plenty of rude employees) and looks like they are putting in a beer stand (similar to those found at ballparks) right next to Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Sonic is putting in self order kiosks (good, plenty of rude employees) and looks like they are putting in a beer stand (similar to those found at ballparks) right next to Sonic.
    Good to hear - I'm rarely ever at OKC long enough to have a beer or eat, but good to know there will be another option!

7. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Already at 27 segments for 2015? And here I thought my 19 was a decent amount of travel...

8. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Already at 27 segments for 2015? And here I thought my 19 was a decent amount of travel...
    Yeah. I've traveled quite a bit this year (at LGA currently).

HangryHippo Guest

Yeah. I've traveled quite a bit this year (at LGA currently).
    Care to share what profession you're in that has you traveling so much?

10. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Implementations/consulting for a financial tech company. Basically item processing software for banks.

HangryHippo Guest

Implementations/consulting for a financial tech company. Basically item processing software for banks.
    Neat.

Heads up:

American will be bringing in a 787 for familiarization purposes tomorrow, since OKC is a diversion city for AA. Not sure on the timing, so if you want to see it check flight aware throughout the day.

Heads up:

American will be bringing in a 787 for familiarization purposes tomorrow, since OKC is a diversion city for AA. Not sure on the timing, so if you want to see it check flight aware throughout the day.
    Damn well better be when the wind and the light are right. My camera will be ready at a moment's notice.

14. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Heads up:

No! I'm out of town

sweet!

No! I'm out of town
    Are you ever in town?!

17. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Thanks for the heads up Catch! Btw - have to say PDX far exceeded my expectations. I think you'll enjoy it there!

18. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Nothing scheduled in flightaware yet....keeping an eye on it.

Keep an eye on N801AC. It flew DFW-ORD earlier today and may be getting ready to return. Looks to be AA9781. Saw one bit that says it's back to DFW, but nothing to back it up. It could be going all the way, or they could either change the destination to OKC or decide to stage the diversion later on, I suppose.

Well then, I guess it ain't happening today. C'est la vie. The watch resumes tomorrow.

21. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Something tells me if we are going to get a 787 divert test run, it will be this flight:

N801AC ? 22-Apr-2015 ? KORD - KDFW ? FlightAware

I don't think they'll be diverting. If they send one here it will be an active flight plan and not a last minute diversion.

This was second-hand information, I don't work for AA and simply heard it from an AA employee.

23. Default Re: 2015 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Looks to be the case:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-23-10-01-28.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	10683  

The AA 787 has made two recent trips to TUL, including one yesterday. Tulsa Gets Second Visit From American Airlines' Dreamliner - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Wish they had the DFW-EZE flight already running. I just went down there on UA but would've flown AA just to get on a Dreamliner. Planning on flying DEN-IAH later this year for my first 787 experience.

Our last day was May 13, and it has been a privilege serving you all as you flew both Continental as well as United -- and I hope you had positive experiences on the merged United.

The vendor company has been training for several weeks, but took over at 6:00pm on Wednesday the 13th.

Many great employees have ended their careers with aviation this week. Many with close to 30 years of hard work and dedicated service, but also many of us under the 10 year mark.

Some of us are moving on to other cities. The remnants of the OKC team look forward to serving you in Chicago, Dallas-DFW, Denver, Pittsburgh, Portland OR, Seattle, Kona, Maui, Honolulu, San Francisco, and San Diego.

Thank you all again for your support and your business. Farewell from your United family.

Thread Information