Widgets Magazine
Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 327778798081828384858687132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3362

Thread: BOK Park Plaza

1. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

^100% agreed and feel the same way.

Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out; glad to see that there is someone that has noticed bchris' improved attitude. I feel like his posting - especially over the past year or so since he moved near downtown - has become MUCH more positive and constructive, and rarely mines the negativity that he almost exclusively traded on in the past. I think there are a few posters here who haven't recognized this, and when they see his handle they view it with the expectation that his posts will be negative, and who then proceed to nitpick him to death. I know that as a general rule it is not healthy on a forum to talk about a poster, but I am doing so here from the standpoint that I think he has generally turned over a new leaf and should be left alone. Some of the comments he gets today over some of the most innocuous of posts border on bullying or harassment.

I've heard some people suggest that he's fair game because they have seen him continue to post negative stuff about OKC on other forums, but honestly dragging beefs from other forums to this one, or even from thread to thread in this forum, is bad form and borders on personal attack.
    Sorry, I had to make my feelings known on this topic. Post away.
    His attitude may have changed here, but not so much on other forums that he participates in. That is the source of my continued annoyance.

I can't take someone seriously who continually makes claims such as OKC is a better comparison to Bakersfield and Amarillo than Sacramento...or bashes OKC in every thread available. I don't think taking exception to a person like that is bad form or personal attack...it is the same person regardless of the venue they decide to make ridiculous comments in.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out; glad to see that there is someone that has noticed bchris' improved attitude. I feel like his posting - especially over the past year or so since he moved near downtown - has become MUCH more positive and constructive, and rarely mines the negativity that he almost exclusively traded on in the past. I think there are a few posters here who haven't recognized this, and when they see his handle they view it with the expectation that his posts will be negative, and who then proceed to nitpick him to death. I know that as a general rule it is not healthy on a forum to talk about a poster, but I am doing so here from the standpoint that I think he has generally turned over a new leaf and should be left alone. Some of the comments he gets today over some of the most innocuous of posts border on bullying or harassment.

I've heard some people suggest that he's fair game because they have seen him continue to post negative stuff about OKC on other forums, but honestly dragging beefs from other forums to this one, or even from thread to thread in this forum, is bad form and borders on personal attack.

Sorry, I had to make my feelings known on this topic. Post away.
    If he is so concerned with the lighting he should put up the funds. Sandridge has employees to pay and like it or not cotter ranch is private property, the owner can do what he wants. I don't disagree it doesn't look good and would love to see it lit up, but he beats dead horses, that is fact. Harping on how ugly and dark downtown is, is absolutely negative, and he is only non negative to avoid a vacation. Sorry to derail but come on, just because you aren't negative does not mean you are positive or constructive.

I know a lot of people are still bitter about the Bus Station and the buildings we lost but as said before this development is going on during an oil bust, think about that. The parking spaces they are creating will help beyond just BOK park Plaza. And we are whining about a couple buildings being dark. A little perspective please everyone.

Okay, back to discussing BOK Park Plaza please.

When can we see more construction pictures as its going up?

Starting to pick up the pace. Should be about 1 floor per week now.

I'm past ready for them to raise the crane.

Not messing around at all...

Will they put up another tower crane for the other garage?

^ No.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-28 21.07.41.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	12648

Name:	2016-05-28 21.32.25.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	12649

Courtesy TNT tonight.

If there were like 30 more buildings in this pic it might look like New York.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    If there were like 30 more buildings in this pic it might look like New York.
    I think you left out a 0 on that number.

But there were some really nice shots of OKC last nite. Devon is such a beauty.

16. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

love the birth of a skyscraper.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

17. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	330 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	12667

So, pardon my lack of actual mathematics, but just spitballing.
    This tower will be 10' shorter than OK Tower? But, it would seem that it may have a larger floor space, or foot print than OK Tower. I really think this is going to have a tremendous impact from afar as it'll be just over half the height of Devon. Really can't wait to see it rising passed that 10th floor and it starts taking shape from a distance.

^ It'll be one foot shorter, but virtually the same height when viewed from the ground and from afar. I agree that it will have a tremendous impact. It'll be quite wide and robust when viewed from the northwest and southeast, and quite skinny from the southwest and northeast.

Also, when viewed from most angles this building will elongate the skyline and stand somewhat apart from the cluster of taller buildings in the CBD.

21. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

And, because it is in the West of downtown, it will appear taller when coming from the west and SW *much like Devon appears to totally dwarf the rest of downtown. BOKPP wont have quite the impact that Devon does but it will appear taller than the rest of the cluster when coming from the west just due to being 'in-front'. You obviuosly wont see the tower from the East and it might look a little shorter than OK Tower from the North. Justice is done in that from the North it will be slender, which always appears taller.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

The northern parking garage is really moving fast.

I bet they'll have construction workers parking in there soon.

Looks like they have got a good start on the foundation of the 2nd garage as well. its going up pretty quick.

Wow, a new tower during an oil bust. OKC has come a long way. Cant wait to see what the next 5 years brings!!

Thread Information