Widgets Magazine
Page 81 of 135 FirstFirst ... 317677787980818283848586131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3362

Thread: BOK Park Plaza

1. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

I was at the airport the other day and was wondering if this building is going to block First National, City Place, Oklahoma Tower and Sandridge from that vantage point. I assume the very top of First National will be visible.

Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    I was at the airport the other day and was wondering if this building is going to block First National, City Place, Oklahoma Tower and Sandridge from that vantage point. I assume the very top of First National will be visible.
    I don't think so, BOK should stand just to the left of Oklahoma Tower from the airport.

3. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

I can't wait for it to get some heighth; I'm very anxious to see its impact on the skyline.

Don't know if this was posted, but they now have an official website for this building:

Home | BOK Park Plaza

Don't know if this was posted, but they now have an official website for this building:

Home | BOK Park Plaza

Pete have they changed the floor count to 23 instead of 27. Please tell me they haven't. I'm looking at their official website and it's only showing 23 floors. Bummer!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Pete have they changed the floor count to 23 instead of 27. Please tell me they haven't. I'm looking at their official website and it's only showing 23 floors. Bummer!!!!!
    It just says floors 17-23 are available for lease.

Building will still be 27 floors.

Thanks Pete. Glad to hear that.

3rd level going up.

From here on until the very top, all the floors will be uniform so they should start hitting a pretty good groove soon.

3rd level going up.

From here on until the very top, all the floors will be uniform so they should start hitting a pretty good groove soon.

12. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Here's a shot from street level from last Friday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160422_133602.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	654.0 KB 
ID:	12546

This tower is going to be a beast in the skyline when it's done, despite the specs.

No matter how many renderings or models, seeing big structures like this take shape always surprises me.

Always so much bigger and impactful than anticipated; this is really going to change the whole feel of the that area and Myriad Gardens in particular.

Looking forward to it. This will help the skyline from the south and west especially and result in the Devon Tower not looking quite as dominant. I am also hoping it's well illuminated to give the night skyline more pop, especially since the Chase Tower and the Sandridge Tower have removed their lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Looking forward to it. This will help the skyline from the south and west especially and result in the Devon Tower not looking quite as dominant. I am also hoping it's well illuminated to give the night skyline more pop, especially since the Chase Tower and the Sandridge Tower have removed their lighting.
    They haven't removed their lighting...its just not turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Why do you hate dead horses so much? Anyway... Its amazing how fast that garage is going up and yes this is a great start to balancing the skyline! OKC on the rise! Literally!

This forum sometimes has a pretty toxic approach to height sometimes and I think most people will be happy with it being 27 stories. Height doesn't equal density, if you walk and spend time in Boston, there a very few buildings that are significantly tall like the Prudential Center, the rest are following appropriate urban design and will range from 3-10 stories depending on where you are. OKC has a lot of space in the future to work with and is far from done with growing up and out.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Why do you hate dead horses so much? Anyway... Its amazing how fast that garage is going up and yes this is a great start to balancing the skyline! OKC on the rise! Literally!
    This seems a bit harsh. I don't see anything in bchris's statement that I or anyone else would disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post

Home | BOK Park Plaza
    Cool website. I like how they really play up the streetcar.

21. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    3rd level going up.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but wouldn't it be the fourth floor?

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but wouldn't it be the fourth floor?
    Well, third floor below the structure and 4th above.

23. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Ahhh, gotcha.

24. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160425_193917.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	6.27 MB 
ID:	12549
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160425_193935.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.97 MB 
ID:	12548  

25. Default Re: BOK Park Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This seems a bit harsh. I don't see anything in bchris's statement that I or anyone else would disagree with.
    Thanks for pointing that out; glad to see that there is someone that has noticed bchris' improved attitude. I feel like his posting - especially over the past year or so since he moved near downtown - has become MUCH more positive and constructive, and rarely mines the negativity that he almost exclusively traded on in the past. I think there are a few posters here who haven't recognized this, and when they see his handle they view it with the expectation that his posts will be negative, and who then proceed to nitpick him to death. I know that as a general rule it is not healthy on a forum to talk about a poster, but I am doing so here from the standpoint that I think he has generally turned over a new leaf and should be left alone. Some of the comments he gets today over some of the most innocuous of posts border on bullying or harassment.

I've heard some people suggest that he's fair game because they have seen him continue to post negative stuff about OKC on other forums, but honestly dragging beefs from other forums to this one, or even from thread to thread in this forum, is bad form and borders on personal attack.

Sorry, I had to make my feelings known on this topic. Post away.

Thread Information