Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 55051525354555657585960105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3362

Thread: BOK Park Plaza

Blog Entries

Default Re: 499 Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    As long as OGE kicks up, it'll be darn close with the convention center hotel (which we can safely hope may be more than 200 feet, right?) also popping up.
    As long as these three get going, the rest won't matter if you're after the skyline presence. Because that'll be 3 decent sized towers to the west and will still create the pyramid affect that Hines was going after.
    Agree,

The cost of land in the core has skyrocketed since MAPS I, we spent $16 million for land acquisition for those initial projects (arena, ballpark, library, canal).

The land costs will eventually force developers to build up. They'll need parking & less landscape. Look for a 600-plus room conference hotel, 425 feet range, (twice the height of the Renaissance) with room for a future 2nd hotel; possibly a twin conference hotel tower development.

Oklahoma City - Metropolitan Area Projects (MAPS)

2. Default Re: 499 Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Agree,

The cost of land in the core has skyrocketed since MAPS I, we spent $16 million for land acquisition for those initial projects (arena, ballpark, library, canal).

The land costs will eventually force developers to build up. They'll need parking & less landscape. Look for a 600-plus room conference hotel, 425 feet range, (twice the height of the Renaissance) with room for a future 2nd hotel; possibly a twin conference hotel tower development.

Oklahoma City - Metropolitan Area Projects (MAPS)
    I can live with that on the South Stage Center Parcel in exchange for the CC being in the REICO lands and they develop the Ford Dealership fronting the Peake (and maybe get some but not all of the Cox land to redevelop as well. I think we should be very careful to reserve land for Office Tower development to expand the CBD or really FILL IN the CBD as it already expands to the South.

As BChris surely will say, there's PLENTY of land available to develop Residential especially so since Residential Towers don't need huge footprint unlike office towers.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Wow! That is quite a pond where Stage Center used to be! I think I am going to go stand up paddle in there. lol

I'm surprised they didn't take down the sign before starting the demolition, has any progress been made on taking it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Village View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't take down the sign before starting the demolition, has any progress been made on taking it down?
    Increasing the chance of an "accident" happening. 2 years of construction is a lot of time that something can '"accidently" happen to the sign.

They might as well donate the sign to a enthusiast who will appreciate it more because we all know they don't really want it and it makes no sense anyway to hang it on the side of a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    They are moving quickly on everything now. Whole block will be clear in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Village View Post
    I was wondering that myself but it appears and I am speculating that they just tore off the back section of the bus station to allow them to get the construction trailers in and set.

They are taking down the sign right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Increasing the chance of an "accident" happening. 2 years of construction is a lot of time that something can '"accidently" happen to the sign.

They might as well donate the sign to a enthusiast who will appreciate it more because we all know they don't really want it and it makes no sense anyway to hang it on the side of a garage.

IIRC, they were putting it inside an atrium of some kind on the corner of the garage..? Not actually exposed to the elements.

I figured they tore down the back of the bus station as quickly as they could just so that nobody could run in and file another lawsuit to stop demolition.

Anyone have a guesstimate on when 499 Sheridan will actually start going vertical?
    Also, any chance someone gets a web-cam set up in the coming weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Anyone have a guesstimate on when 499 Sheridan will actually start going vertical?
    Also, any chance someone gets a web-cam set up in the coming weeks?
    I think that it will take a couple months to fully get that corner cleared for construction. Probably will see an official groundbreaking in October.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    I think that it will take a couple months to fully get that corner cleared for construction. Probably will see an official groundbreaking in October.
    At least 3 months of ground work before beams go up?

I imagine it would depend on how much they want to preserve to be recycled from the old buildings. I can't imagine it would take long to demolish all the buildings if there isn't a lot of recycling of items from the buildings. Some buildings take months to tear down because it's all recycled.

There likely will not be an official ground breaking, the excavation for foundations will likely roll right on the heels of clearing the debris after implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I imagine it would depend on how much they want to preserve to be recycled from the old buildings. I can't imagine it would take long to demolish all the buildings if there isn't a lot of recycling of items from the buildings. Some buildings take months to tear down because it's all recycled.
    I believe the scaffolding on the Black is the sole purpose or salvage. I believe I've read somewhere that they will implode the Black and Auto Hotel by the middle of August. It will really kick in then.

If they're going to be imploded I want to be there if possible!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    If they're going to be imploded I want to be there if possible!
    I'm sure they will announce it, but it should be early on a Sunday morning.

Folks with Midwest Wrecking have told me that there is a local prohibition on blasting in deference to Murrah Building bombing era citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Folks with Midwest Wrecking have told me that there is a local prohibition on blasting in deference to Murrah Building bombing era citizens.
    As I saw them beat on the Stage Center for several days with a wrecking ball, I had wondered why they didn't blast it

The Lunch Box sign is now down and they are pulling some of the decorative pieces off the old Hotel Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here are some also showing the proposed Clayco towers and the original location of the convention hotel:

They're beautiful but we already have issues with the Clayco towers coming to fruition. Too bad we demo'd before we thought.

The two south Clayco towers will likely become a convention hotel of similar height.

And the convention hotel site west of Chesapeake Arena will be developed by REHCO, so again something similar could go on that site.

Despite the changes, the skyline could still end up looking very much those renderings.

What is REHCO looking to develop near Chesapeake?

Thread Information