Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Are Charlotte Russe and North Face the only stores that are taking over the old Saks or are there more?

Speaking of which I'm very surprised an adidas outlet isn't in the shoppes considering they make a lot of the Thunder apparel and have stores in all the other Horizon outlets.
    Same here. Puma was originally on the first property map when they announced shops, but they were then dropped. I would shop at Puma too much.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Same here. Puma was originally on the first property map when they announced shops, but they were then dropped. I would shop at Puma too much.
    Count me as another - the store in Soho lured me in and I had to get something. Their motorsports line with BMW and Ferrari branded items is very cool. They also have a line of shoes with Sparco co-branding.

Also, It looks like the On-Cue will be next to Council and take over the land occupied by the previous gas station. The current gas station is boarded up and the canopy was removed.

The previous images appeared as if the On-Cue would be located behind the existing gas station.

Also, It looks like the On-Cue will be next to Council and take over the land occupied by the previous gas station. The current gas station is boarded up and the canopy was removed.

The previous images appeared as if the On-Cue would be located behind the existing gas station.

Makes more sense for OnCue.

Scroll down for pics of the Tesla construction: Supercharger - OKC Oklahoma

I went to the mall yesterday and the old gas station (Shell?) on the east side of the road is not completely gone

Quote Originally Posted by rtz View Post
    Scroll down for pics of the Tesla construction: Supercharger - OKC Oklahoma
    About time.

While nothing particularly exciting, its good to see the area around the Outlet Mall start to fill in.

Very excited to see these additions. Won't have to drive to 240 any more.

This Ted's looks particularly large and a bit nicer than the ones that I have seen.

I bet they'll have a line out the door most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This Ted's looks particularly large and a bit nicer than the ones that I have seen.

I bet they'll have a line out the door most nights.
    Pretty much every Ted's around the city does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Pretty much every Ted's around the city does.
    And the food, for Tex-Mex, is average at best. My wife and daughter think they have died and gone to heaven anytime the get to eat at Ted's. So many places with better Tex-Mex.

Ted's isn't terrible, but I agree there are better places for Tex-Mex. Given the wait at the other locations there is obviously demand for more locations.

Blog Entries

Is the mall still doing well financially? Never really hear much about it but I'm certainly no shopper.

I haven't been to all of the Ted's locations but the one's I have visited don't have a bar and only serve beer. That will be a welcome addition to many.

I think Ted's is ok, not mind blowing like most people think. I think that Ted's has turned into some kind of trend that people feel important eating there. They convince themselves the food is amazing so they can go back to tell the story about standing in the long line and eating the feast at Ted's. They're afraid if they don't tell everyone it was absolutely amazing, people will hate them. Someone, probably Ted, started this cultural need for eating there to be a trendy OKCer. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but Eischen's is the same way. Oh it was so cool, it used to be a grocery store, they throw premade fried chicken at you on wax paper, oh then they'll just slop pickles and onions on your paper table cloth, oh and don't forget the slice of white rainbow bread you get. Oh it's like heaven, it comes right out of the loaf. You can still smell the twist tie. Oh did I mention the tables are like eating at a bowling alley. It was just the most amazing experience of my life. I guarantee, they could run an experiment. They could just bring in buckets of KFC, buy off brand bread, and expired pickles. Nobody would know the difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon27 View Post
    I think Ted's is ok, not mind blowing like most people think. I think that Ted's has turned into some kind of trend that people feel important eating there. They convince themselves the food is amazing so they can go back to tell the story about standing in the long line and eating the feast at Ted's. They're afraid if they don't tell everyone it was absolutely amazing, people will hate them. Someone, probably Ted, started this cultural need for eating there to be a trendy OKCer. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but Eischen's is the same way. Oh it was so cool, it used to be a grocery store, they throw premade fried chicken at you on wax paper, oh then they'll just slop pickles and onions on your paper table cloth, oh and don't forget the slice of white rainbow bread you get. Oh it's like heaven, it comes right out of the loaf. You can still smell the twist tie. Oh did I mention the tables are like eating at a bowling alley. It was just the most amazing experience of my life. I guarantee, they could run an experiment. They could just bring in buckets of KFC, buy off brand bread, and expired pickles. Nobody would know the difference at all.

All of this. This is so true. While I was at OU, I know several frats that would drive out to Okarche just to eat there. It was DEFINITELY a social and networking thing, not a chicken thing.

Also let's be real, Ted's is totally average. I do not understand the love at all. Maybe if it was just one location, but for EVERY location to be as packed as they always are just kind if blows my mind.

The last two times I ate there I was with my daughter. She wanted Mexican and they were the best option that offered items that would fit with her gluten free diet. I know nothing about gluten free but she is a fanatic about it. When she comes to my house to eat she brings her own food. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The last two times I ate there I was with my daughter. She wanted Mexican and they were the best option that offered items that would fit with her gluten free diet. I know nothing about gluten free but she is a fanatic about it. When she comes to my house to eat she brings her own food. LOL
    I totally understand that. Especially if she's allergic to it. If it's her way of trying to make herself healthier, more power to her! I bet if another place was gluten free, she'd think it was better. lol!

Premade ? What the heck is premade ? I've sat there and watched them drop them in the hot grease and cook. You wouldn't want them raw would you ?

You're spot on. I lived here for about four years before I actually went and tried Ted's. After hearing about it for so long I was pretty stoked about trying it. I sat on the curb outside for like an hour with my party. When we finally got to eat, I sat and observed my entire table quiver as they ate the stuff. I thought it was okay, but certainly not worth waiting forever to eat it. I maintain that Ted's is somehow a "be-seen-at" or "talk-about-being-at" staple in OKC and nothing more. But that's okay, the lines at Ted's mean less lines for me at other local Mexican restaurants that are better. Not that I'm claiming to be a Mexican food aficionado, but I practically grew up on the stuff growing up in Texas. As for Eischen's, I feel totally the same way. And not only that but you have to wage war to get a table. I know, I know ---> Back on, I'm pretty excited about the growth of the outlet mall area!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Premade ? What the heck is premade ? I've sat there and watched them drop them in the hot grease and cook. You wouldn't want them raw would you ?
    I think I meant to say frozen as in not as fresh. Were you touring the kitchen as part of some backstage pass? Did you get to watch them open a loaf of bread?? lol, all in good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I sat and observed my entire table quiver as they ate the stuff. I maintain that Ted's is somehow a "be-seen-at" or "talk-about-being-at" staple in OKC and nothing more. As for Eischen's, I feel totally the same way. And not only that but you have to wage war to get a table. I know, I know ---> Back on, I'm pretty excited about the growth of the outlet mall area!
    I love it! Quiver is exactly the right word. The cheese is liquid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    And the food, for Tex-Mex, is average at best. My wife and daughter think they have died and gone to heaven anytime the get to eat at Ted's. So many places with better Tex-Mex.
    What I like about Ted's is it's consistent. I've never had bad food there. I'm not saying it's the worlds greatest, but to some degree I know what to expect. I'm not a huge Tex-Mex fan anyways, so when I go, I know what I want and Ted's always delivers. The other place my family likes to eat at is Chelino's, and I honestly hate that place. Talk about a restaurant with bi-polar disorder. Some nights it will be fantastic, others, and recently most nights it's utter garbage. On top of that I've never had great service at any of their locations, so I just avoid them if I can.

I'm definitely a realist when it comes to these things. Ted's is good and it's close to me, and honestly for what I like is all I ever really care to have for how often we go out to eat. Anymore while they are usually busy I never really have had to wait over 30 minutes and I go to the Norman and Western locations when I go every couple of months.

Thread Information