Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

I have heard a lot of people from rural Oklahoma drive in to Tulsa or OKC just to eat at Ted's. It's understandable being that it's much, much better than your typical Tex-Mex restaurant in small town Oklahoma. Also, most of them won't be familiar with some of the lesser known, more authentic places. I agree with Zuplar that Ted's is at least consistent and for people who aren't really adventurous when it comes to food, that is important. I have had a similar experience with Chelino's. Sometimes its fantastic and other times it leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this but Express is opening up at the shoppes in part of the old Saks and Jones New York is closing as well.

That is too bad. There is now fewer and fewer shoppes at the Outlet Shoppes that I would want to go. Now that Saks has closed, the only store out there worth driving to is Brooks Brothers, and that is really not worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    That is too bad. There is now fewer and fewer shoppes at the Outlet Shoppes that I would want to go. Now that Saks has closed, the only store out there worth driving to is Brooks Brothers, and that is really not worth it to me.
    With you on that. The brooks brothers outlets are pretty bad.

To think that these outlet malls across the country are the supposed "strength" in the retail sector. It's just a tough, tough time for brick & mortar retail. Period.

I drove by the mall last night, stopped in to eat, and saw the Tesla charges so decided to take a pic. Several chargers there, but looks as though they aren't done with the solar panel portion yet.

What is going on with On Cue? There has been no work on site for months now. Garage Burger is coming on very quickly. I see a Nov opening for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    What is going on with On Cue? There has been no work on site for months now. Garage Burger is coming on very quickly. I see a Nov opening for them.
    OneCue buys up property so fast they can't keep with construction. They always immediately demolish the structures after they buy the property.

Yes, they have a bunch of projects in the pipeline.

Going to take some time to get them all done.

According to their directory, Charming Charlie and Sperry Top-Sider are opening at the mall.

Garage Burger moving along. I would say Nov 1st opening? Has anyone heard an exact date?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Garage Burger moving along. I would say Nov 1st opening? Has anyone heard an exact date?
    Wow really? I feel like when I went by there maybe a month ago there wasn't anything more than dirt work done. Of course they can really get stuff done nowadays.

Nothing like the holidays to get restaurant and retail projects in high gear.

Blog Entries

There was an announcement today that a North Face is going in the Outlets...

Several shops closed this last month or so - at least two or three shoe shops, as I recall....think lots of leases expire at the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Several shops closed this last month or so - at least two or three shoe shops, as I recall....think lots of leases expire at the end of summer.
    Uh oh. Hope one of them wasn't clarks.

I noticed that this weekend too. We usually park by the Banana Republic/Coach entrance. We went to the Carters outlet and passed four empty storefronts in that one section alone.

Is it because of bad business, or better tenants lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Is it because of bad business, or better tenants lined up?
    Well, I think a combination of things - the Rockport store was closing because it had merged with another company; another store was I think just getting out of OK. Don't recall on the others. I do think a lot of those leases come due at or near of what boils down to near the end of a fiscal year, and for some companies that's the August-September time frame. Overall, it's just part of the churn.

Well, I think a combination of things - the Rockport store was closing because it had merged with another company; another store was I think just getting out of OK. Don't recall on the others. I do think a lot of those leases come due at or near of what boils down to near the end of a fiscal year, and for some companies that's the August-September time frame. Overall, it's just part of the churn.
    I would guess pretty much all of the tenants had at minimum a 5 year lease, and since it opened in august of 2011, most of the leases shouldnt be up until another year. I would guess some signed even longer leases, maybe 10 years. However, many of them also probably added an out based on sales numbers, meaning they could get out of their last year or so if they didnt hit a particular sales number. The outlet mall, just like Penn Square and other malls, will always experience turnover. Overall though, it appears the mall is in good shape and hasnt really missed a beat on back filling space thats been vacated.

So any more word on Taco Mayo and Jimmy's egg? Maybe they are just waiting for the other places to get done? Land still seems for sale.

I heard that a lot of the companies signed a 4 year lease and some are now moving out of the OKC Metro area and a few of them are moving to the Outlets that are being built in Tulsa. I was told buy a coworker who asked a manager. She also said that the manager said that Tulsa has a stronger retail customer base then OKC at this time. I don't know what the gross receipts on taxes for both of these cities are but it seams like National retailers are more focused on Tulsa then they are on OKC.

Does anyone know when Garage burgers might open. I would image they want to be open for Thanksgiving. Any word on Jimmy's or Taco?

Anyone know when the express outlet opens? I noticed the sign was up in the old saks spot

Quote Originally Posted by Kemotblue View Post
    I heard that a lot of the companies signed a 4 year lease and some are now moving out of the OKC Metro area and a few of them are moving to the Outlets that are being built in Tulsa. I was told buy a coworker who asked a manager. She also said that the manager said that Tulsa has a stronger retail customer base then OKC at this time. I don't know what the gross receipts on taxes for both of these cities are but it seams like National retailers are more focused on Tulsa then they are on OKC.
    Do you know what stores will be moving?

Thread Information