Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 310

Thread: OKC Outlets

  1. #1

    Far West OKC Outlets

    7628 W. Reno
    opened in 2011
    388,000 square feet
    34 acres

    [top]Information & Latest News

    4/5/15: North Face store announced
    1/22/15: Ted's, OnCue and more coming

    [top]Links

    [top]Gallery


  2. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So what do you think will be built next or what have you heard for the area around The Outlet Shoppes, or what would you like to see out that way? Whataburger just opened. There is a bunch of land for sale around that area. I would love to see a drug store but not sure that will happened. I could maybe see a hotel must most of them are already close going towards airport.
    I noticed about 2 weeks ago, the raw land across interstate 40 to the South, covered their 'For Sale' signs up with tarps. Do they do that when something sells ?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    I noticed also. It's a cul-de-sac. I guess you would get to it from Rockwell. Be cool if they built something like a hotel with a cross walk over I-40 but that would be big bucks.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?


  5. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I was just commenting to my wife how sad this is as it may discourage other high end retailers but we both agreed that the store never made us feel comfortable shopping there. We don't mind the higher prices..it was just uncomfortable to be there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    It always seemed to be a high fashion place. To me their styles just did not seem to me what Oklahomans taste in fashion are. I guess I would say we need more shops that stick to basic fashions. I wish we could get a Lands End outlet or an Eddie Bauer outlet shop. I'm tired of shopping at places that cater to teenie boppers. If you are over 30 I don't think one needs to dress like they are 16. Sak's styles might work in large cities but I just don't didn't here if they are closing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    It always seemed to be a high fashion place. To me their styles just did not seem to me what Oklahomans taste in fashion are. I guess I would say we need more shops that stick to basic fashions. I wish we could get a Lands End outlet or an Eddie Bauer outlet shop. I'm tired of shopping at places that cater to teenie boppers. If you are over 30 I don't think one needs to dress like they are 16. Sak's styles might work in large cities but I just don't didn't here if they are closing.
    Saks, Nordstrom, and designer boutiques work in other cities the size of OKC and smaller. Saks isn't closing their Tulsa store. Is there something different about OKC that makes it unable to support this kind of retail?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Saks closed in SD a few years back but the Neiman Marcus is still around. In my neighborhood shopping center, they put in an Off 5th next to a Nordstrom Rack and I can say the traffic in the Nordstrom Rack is several times more than in the Off 5th. I really don't think the style of Saks fits most places in the U.S.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Saks Off Fifth is closing a bunch of stores, including in Minneapolis and New Jersey.

    I'm sure this is part of a larger restructuring rather than an indication of how this particular store was performing.

  10. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Aw, come on Pete...a dose of common-sense and business-based logic just when we were poised to go off the rails with hand-wringing. Where's the fun in that?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    By all indications -- including the mandated reporting as part of their incentive agreement -- the outlet mall has been blowing through their numbers and has been expanded multiple times.

    Retail is a very volatile business and stores come and go all the time. I bet they have little trouble finding a replacement.

  12. #12
    cferguson Guest

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Personally, I thought the men's section had way too much Saks private label stuff. They would sprinkle in a few well known brands here and there but it wasn't much. Things like penguin and that's about it. The overall selection just wasn't great to keep stopping by the store. They did have great deals on suits though. Overall I didn't think the store was very impressive. I think nordtroms rack is a much more well rounded store.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    The Saks Off Fifth closest to me in Cali has a really good selection, especially their suits.

    Lots of name brands at pretty good discounts.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I noticed about 2 weeks ago, the raw land across interstate 40 to the South, covered their 'For Sale' signs up with tarps. Do they do that when something sells ?
    I noticed that to it is two signs sitting next to each other both signs are covered with tarps. There was alot of utility work done from the cul de sac area the past few months. Curious to find out what is going to be built on that large plot of land.

  15. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by clffster16 View Post
    Personally, I thought the men's section had way too much Saks private label stuff. They would sprinkle in a few well known brands here and there but it wasn't much. Things like penguin and that's about it. The overall selection just wasn't great to keep stopping by the store. They did have great deals on suits though. Overall I didn't think the store was very impressive. I think nordtroms rack is a much more well rounded store.
    The times I looked there, the men's clothes seemed more geared towards slim cuts. I am an over achiever and so I didn't stop with a 6 pack gut and went for the keg gut instead. The other problem is, you can go to Teena Hicks and get something more tailored but not much more.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The times I looked there, the men's clothes seemed more geared towards slim cuts. I am an over achiever and so I didn't stop with a 6 pack gut and went for the keg gut instead. The other problem is, you can go to Teena Hicks and get something more tailored but not much more.
    ya know, we might just be kinfolk at that.
    But for the skinny folk, I hope whatever replaces this store racks up sales even faster than the departing retailer.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    I have been to the Saks Off 5th a couple of times when I am visiting in OKC. I found some great buys on Hugo Boss shirts. Some of their private brands are really good. Hope this closing is not a sign that OKC would not be able to support higher end dept stores such as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus. The closing of this store is an outlet store and did not make it here? Also, as Pete mentioned, the company seems to be shuttering stores all across the US.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Anyone know if there is any talk about another wing or more space going to be added to the mall? I usually go there during the week in the middle of the day. Mostly older people out shopping. Anyone hear how the other stores are doing??

  19. #19

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Most of the other stores seem to be busy during weekendsl except for this naarje place that I passed by which has store closing signs.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    The Saks off 5th store was such a mess all the time and I never was approached by an employee for help. It just wasn't a good shopping experience in my opinion. We shouldn't be too quick to pin every failure to the market. Sometimes poor businesses fail on their own.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Saks has had a decline for a while and has had to cut payroll and inventory in this location. The customer base to the Mall doesn't support the price point of the store. The reports of the mall surpassing it's numbers is based on a select group of it's anchors and does not reflect the entire mall. Foot fall has been down. It has had it's struggles and you will see some change over as leases run through. The mall was originally planned with the 2 wings recently added and only added as leases where filled.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkchuckk View Post
    Saks has had a decline for a while and has had to cut payroll and inventory in this location. The customer base to the Mall doesn't support the price point of the store. The reports of the mall surpassing it's numbers is based on a select group of it's anchors and does not reflect the entire mall. Foot fall has been down. It has had it's struggles and you will see some change over as leases run through. The mall was originally planned with the 2 wings recently added and only added as leases where filled.
    One thing about the outlet mall is many of the brands that have stores there are quite a bit higher end than what's at the other OKC malls. Most other cities the size of OKC have very successful malls or lifestyle centers with full-line, non-outlet versions of many of the stores that are there. Do you think it was a mistake building the outlet mall out at I-40 and Rockwell rather than closer to Nichols Hills or Edmond?

  23. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    One thing about the outlet mall is many of the brands that have stores there are quite a bit higher end than what's at the other OKC malls. Most other cities the size of OKC have very successful malls or lifestyle centers with full-line, non-outlet versions of many of the stores that are there. Do you think it was a mistake building the outlet mall out at I-40 and Rockwell rather than closer to Nichols Hills or Edmond?
    In all the cities I have been in or lived in I don't think I have ever seen an outlet mall as close to the city as the one in OKC, they are usually 20 or so miles outside of town. Not sure why, but that is my observation.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    Quote Originally Posted by eatokc.com View Post
    In all the cities I have been in or lived in I don't think I have ever seen an outlet mall as close to the city as the one in OKC, they are usually 20 or so miles outside of town. Not sure why, but that is my observation.
    It is probably because that is where there is enough land to house an outlet mall and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

  25. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes what next?

    I think it has to do with the manufacturer ostensibly not competing directly with retailers (in town) who carry their labels. This has probably become less of an issue now that most people have become aware that the outlets rarely carry much merchandise that has even briefly been in retailers' stores.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Outlet Shoppes at Tulsa
    By Plutonic Panda in forum Tulsa & Suburbs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 03:20 PM
  2. Shoppes Of Del City
    By okieman1 in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 09:03 PM
  3. New Developments (Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes)
    By PokeFromOk in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 06:52 AM
  4. 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update
    By bbhill in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 12:05 PM
  5. The Shoppes at Broadway
    By Tomfoolery in forum Suburban & Other OK Communities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •