Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

1. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

At the nike store I have bought some very basic golf shirts and shorts that are very reasonably priced. Gap store as well for the kiddo. But outlets are kind of an illusion though, you think you are getting a deal since its at an outlet therefore you buy more than you usually would and end up spending more.

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Plus most of the merchandise at outlets is not the same as that found in the real mall. It's all inferior. For example, I bought some Tommy Hilfiger polo shirts at the outlets, and they were complete junk. Unlike the Tommy Hilfiger shirts you find at Macy's or Dillards.

3. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Plus most of the merchandise at outlets is not the same as that found in the real mall. It's all inferior. For example, I bought some Tommy Hilfiger polo shirts at the outlets, and they were complete junk. Unlike the Tommy Hilfiger shirts you find at Macy's or Dillards.
    Yeah you need to be careful. Brooks Brothers has a separate line for the outlet store. You may be able to find their actual clothing on discount, but the majority is just a cheap knockoff.

Most outlet brands now have their own line for the outlets, Coach, brooks, jcrew, Ralph lauren, etc. Outlets are no longer clothes that did not sell in the store. That is what Marshalls and Ross is for now.

^

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

Building permit applications filed today for both Jimmy's Egg and Taco Mayo.

8. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    That's really interesting, especially the MSRP. That is completely false advertising. I guarantee a majority of shoppers don't expect that.

At the same time, they might not be expecting anything other than what they are getting. As a stand alone product I'm sure the quality is in line for the price. Representing it as a product that's been marked down x% is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Building permit applications filed today for both Jimmy's Egg and Taco Mayo.
    Are these free standing buildings on the mall perimeter or replacements to the mall?

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Are these free standing buildings on the mall perimeter or replacements to the mall?

So Old Navy is going to open in the Outlet mall??

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    So Old Navy is going to open in the Outlet mall??
    Yes. They filed for a building permit.

So how long from Buiding permits being filed to actually starting working and opening? I think Old Navy would be a nice addition to that outlet mall. I live right by it but never go there not that Old Navy is going to change that for me but I think it will attract others that way. I know there is a Home store also that way but I would love to see a Bed Bath and Beyond either somewhere near westgate or Yukon. The south side of i-40 still has plenty of room to grow.

It can take anywhere from 30 to 180 days to process a building permit.

Since this is just a remodel, approval should come at the shorter part of that continuum.

I've found cheaper better Columbia wear at Bass Pro than what the Columbia store sells in the outlet mall.

Old Navy will be a great get for that mall.

Every time I've ever been in an old navy , it looks as if a tornado had just passed through. My wife on the other hand loves it.

These places are WAY cheaper in the outlet than regular store: Clarks, Banana Republic, J Crew, North Face

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    These places are WAY cheaper in the outlet than regular store: Clarks, Banana Republic, J Crew, North Face
    Yeah, but it's often stuff that's made cheaper than what is for sale at the regular stores. It's not a clearance outlet for them, generally; they sell cheaper-made items w/ their name attached. Hence, J Crew Factory, not J Crew Outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Yeah, but it's often stuff that's made cheaper than what is for sale at the regular stores. It's not a clearance outlet for them, generally; they sell cheaper-made items w/ their name attached. Hence, J Crew Factory, not J Crew Outlet.
    The stuff at north face outlet,banana republic outlet is same stuff as stores.

Nike just filed $300K building permit application to expand their store.

Hopefully they don't take over the Van Heusen space, I love getting my dress shirts from there. Crocs (ugh) and Zales are coming to the outlet mall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nike just filed $300K building permit application to expand their store.
    Lemme tell ya, after seeing a couple other Nike outlets, the one in OKC is pretty impressive by comparison. You just have to know your prices and merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Hopefully they don't take over the Van Heusen space, I love getting my dress shirts from there. Crocs (ugh) and Zales are coming to the outlet mall as well.
    can't help but snicker at the idea of what quality is going into an *outlet* mall jewelry store - "Now Featuring: Stuff Not Good Enough to Sell at a Mall"

Jewelry is such a racket I suppose they just decided to dive in and get their scoop of the gravy.

I picked up a North Face Jacket for $99 that was still for sale in Von Maur for $189. Also, I always suspected that the J Crew outlet store's clothes were of a cheaper quality than an actual J Crew. I have lost some respect for several of my shirts now...

Thread Information