Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

Blog Entries

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

ECCO has been open for a bit. I was in it maybe a month ago and was in it again yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I would love to see the new owners ban tobacco use from the OKC Outlets since it is the main reason that I avoid shopping there.
    Agree, would love to see that happen too!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    ECCO has been open for a bit. I was in it maybe a month ago and was in it again yesterday.
    I didn't know that, I'll have to check it out. I'm kind of surprised the Outlet's website doesn't have a news or coming soon section... just checked because this got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    That's good, the Russell Stover's on May is always hard to get into.
    Some additional info, went by Russell Stover's on May today to find a big sign saying everything 50% off. Went inside and of course 'everything' comes with exclusions, but apparently it's a moving sale. So the one on May is closing/moving to the outlet mall it seems. I asked when it should be open, they said the target date is the 17th of this month.

Default Re: OKC Outlets

Drove by the outlet mall yesterday on Reno. They have started painting it a nice neutral gray! The section they had done looks so much better than the bright yellow/orange/whatever colors the original is/was.

Gray? Really?

Looks like they updated the website to reflect the OKC Outlets name and redesigned the content. Much better, in my opinion.

So, I may have missed the memo on this. Is it under new management?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    So, I may have missed the memo on this. Is it under new management?
    Recently purchased and being re-branded:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...937#post992937

^^Thanks

Speaking of, the Russell Stover is still on track to open at the outlet tomorrow, and the location on May has changed the moving sale from 50% off to 75% off.

The Russell Stover is 90% but not much left. Was there Saturday about 5pm. Went to the outlet mall one and it's small. Very small. The lady at the May store saves they can't get all their stuff out on the shelves. There will be no more 75% off leftover items like at the may location. I went to the one on May often. Now I'll never go. Limited selection any way over priced. They did have small counter. Couldn't tell if it was for ice cream or not. Bottom line ITS SMALL

Wait. Wait wait wait. By 75% off leftover items, do you mean like Halloween candy in November, and Christmas candy in January? The May location also had a 'bloopers' area, which would typically be a bunch of various items that they had deemed not worth going into a regular box for whatever reason. Is this what you mean? If it's just no discounts on remaindered candy due to lack of space (something they should have thought of, but oh well) that's one thing, but if there's no bloopers then to hell with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Wait. Wait wait wait. By 75% off leftover items, do you mean like Halloween candy in November, and Christmas candy in January? The May location also had a 'bloopers' area, which would typically be a bunch of various items that they had deemed not worth going into a regular box for whatever reason. Is this what you mean? If it's just no discounts on remaindered candy due to lack of space (something they should have thought of, but oh well) that's one thing, but if there's no bloopers then to hell with them.

$9 boxes of bloopers were 90 cents yesterday. And yes all that discounted stuff will be gone at new store. Not that I really asked that question but it's such a small store there is no way they can have any of that stuff. It's a very small store. I went to the may location often to get discounted items. No more. They still had apples at mall location. Might be the only reason I would ever go now. I saw no bloopers while at mall location

Blog Entries

It was fun buying $90 worth of chocolate for $9 on Saturday....

They only have a small section of the mall done in the new gray/white color scheme. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2644.JPG 
Views:	342 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	14082

17. Default Re: OKC Outlets

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    They only have a small section of the mall done in the new gray/white color scheme. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2644.JPG 
Views:	342 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	14082
    Looks SO much better. A good move for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Looks SO much better. A good move for sure.
    There was something about the original color scheme that always made me wonder if the complex owners had never been to Oklahoma, it kind of felt like they grabbed a style guide from a project they did in New Mexico and reused it.

Yes, definitely looks much better. The original color scheme mirrored that of their center in El Paso, which works well. Glad to see a calmer color for OKC.

20. Default Re: OKC Outlets

It's funny that you all say that because since I can see the place form my office, several of my coworkers have been complaining that they think the new colors are drab, boring, and un-inventive being just grey. Interesting how different people view the same thing so differently. Of course we know no matter what you do, someone is going to hate whatever it is you do.

I'll wait for them to finish before judging.

They likely will add some contrasting elements, new signage, etc.

I think I'm doing to like it. Less carnival and more "classy"...as Pete says, we shall see.

Well, the gray-on-gray schemes seem to be the current, trendy thing among designers, like we've all suddenly gone allergic to color. I think it's a very trendy, but short-term fad as people will quickly become sick-to-death of the "plainness." I know I already have.

Color can be done and be done in a tasteful manner. There is a happy medium between plain and wacky. I didn't like the old colors because I get tired of people thinking that since it's Oklahoma we need earth tones that represent the land and the red dirt etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Color can be done and be done in a tasteful manner. There is a happy medium between plain and wacky. I didn't like the old colors because I get tired of people thinking that since it's Oklahoma we need earth tones that represent the land and the red dirt etc.
    The old colors weren't Oklahoma colors. I went to one of their outlets in Washington state a couple years ago and it was the same.

Thread Information