Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: OKC Outlets

Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Of course it's not like Los Angeles, very few places are. But all you have to do is go downtown during the day (roughly 50,000 workers) or to Paseo, Plaza, Midtown, AA or Film Row in the evening or weekends and you can see a lot of fashionable people. Now, it might be some hipster fashion, but I know a lot of people who pay a lot of money for good clothes at local stores and are very fashion forward. Yes, OKC has it's fair share of blue jeans wearing people, I am one of them. But there are also plenty of nicely dressed people as well.
    Completely agree and I have noticed people are looking exceedingly sharp in and around downtown.

Another thing I want to add but I'm not sure if others have noticed is the number of foreign cars on OKC metro roads is increasing a lot. I have seen several plates that are either Euro, Saudi, UAE, and Kuwait. Very cool to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Completely agree and I have noticed people are looking exceedingly sharp in and around downtown.

Another thing I want to add but I'm not sure if others have noticed is the number of foreign cars on OKC metro roads is increasing a lot. I have seen several plates that are either Euro, Saudi, UAE, and Kuwait. Very cool to see that.
    I have seen that too. And they usually drive nicer cars. I am curious if we will ever see a Ferrari, Lambo or any of the other high end dealerships is OKc?

My guess is the next high-end dealerships we see is either Bentley or Aston Martin. I would love to see a Bentley?Aston Martin Dealer in Nichols Hills or Automobile Alley.

Let's please get back to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    No, it's because Oklahomans are all hicks.

6. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

I remember buying Kenneth Cole items 10 or so years ago (give or take), and it was high quality. Then all of a sudden the quality fell off a cliff. This was before the Outlet Mall; I was buying their products at Dillard's or a Kenneth Cole store. I quit and don't think I've bought any of their stuff since. I can't imagine how poor their outlet stuff is if it's lower quality than their mainline items.

Much the same thing happened recently to Johnston & Murphy. Their shoes were so comfortable and lasted forever. Then a few years ago they became noticeably less comfortable and they're made like crap. I've quit buying them too.

Everyone in a race to the bottom. Brands closing factories and off shoring jobs to cheaper countries and buying cloth and thread from cheap low cost and quality countries in order to sell their product cheaper. Choose your brand, they are almost all doing it. Good quality brands and now trash. Fit in finish and even sizing is poor. I tried on a skirt and found it too small. Kept going up in size. and none fit. I checked they all where cut the same but with different size tags. Womens clothes are the worst. Arms way too small, nothing cut right or put together right.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I remember buying Kenneth Cole items 10 or so years ago (give or take), and it was high quality. Then all of a sudden the quality fell off a cliff. This was before the Outlet Mall; I was buying their products at Dillard's or a Kenneth Cole store. I quit and don't think I've bought any of their stuff since. I can't imagine how poor their outlet stuff is if it's lower quality than their mainline items.

Much the same thing happened recently to Johnston & Murphy. Their shoes were so comfortable and lasted forever. Then a few years ago they became noticeably less comfortable and they're made like crap. I've quit buying them too.
    Allen Edmonds still makes a decent shoe.

9. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I have seen that too. And they usually drive nicer cars. I am curious if we will ever see a Ferrari, Lambo or any of the other high end dealerships is OKc?
    I will say from experience, I currently work in Saudi, they drive what we drive. Chevy is huge there and I think they took all the Mercurys when they stopped production.
    I see you said usually but had to throw out my observation lol

Sorry Pete. Back on topic

From Candor PR:

TORG, Singerman Purchase Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City
    Investors praise Oklahoma City market, plan improvements

OKLAHOMA CITY (May 1, 2017) – The Outlet Resource Group (TORG) and Singerman Real Estate (SRE) have purchased The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City. TORG will oversee leasing and marketing for the 400,000-square-foot center, which opened in 2011. Avison Young will handle property management.

“We are excited to enter the Oklahoma City market. This is a fantastic location for the only outlet center in the state, and it is easily accessible by shoppers coming from the central core of the city as well as the suburbs,” said TORG Principal Lisa Wagner. “The previous ownership established the center as a shopping destination, and we look forward to optimizing and improving the experience for shoppers and retailers.”

Wagner said the new owners are reviewing all aspects of operations and expect to rebrand the center in the coming months.
    “Outlet shopping is the only form of shopping that customers tell us is still fun,” Wagner said. “We want to make sure the experience here is both entertaining and rewarding.”

The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City hosts more than 90 retail outlets, including Nike, Vera Bradley, Michael Kors, Polo Ralph Lauren and Under Armour. Wagner said new retailer names such as Bath & Body Works have opened recently, and that more will likely come.

Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett welcomed the change at the center.
    “The new owners have committed to making the most out of one of Oklahoma City’s premier shopping destinations,” he said. “I’m thrilled they find value in our city, and I look forward to seeing what they do to make it even better.”

TORG takes a market-specific approach to advertising and promoting the center and looks forward to creating enhanced partnerships with neighbors and other local influencers.

“We are very excited to contribute something positive to the community,” Wagner said. “We will focus on being front and center in the state and being good citizens.”

TORG represents outlet centers from coast to coast in the U.S. as well as in Europe. The firm’s team collectively has over 250 years of outlet experience with over 65 outlet centers.

SRE Principal Steve Duncan praised the acquisition.
    "We see The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City as a fantastic opportunity to acquire a high-quality property as our first investment in such a vibrant market,” Duncan said. “We are absolutely committed to further enhancing the shopping experience for customers at Oklahoma’s only outlet center.”

About The Outlet Resource Group
    The Outlet Resource Group (TORG) is a global alliance of experts focused on the acquisition, management, marketing and leasing of outlet shopping centers around the world. TORG offers unique in-house marketing and leasing services through a fully integrated, customer-focused, value-adding team structure. TORG works with owners and developers to strategically reposition underperforming assets, maximize the performance of existing centers, develop new outlet center destinations and provide professional guidance on retail expansion. For more information, visit www.outletresource.com.

About Singerman Real Estate
    Singerman Real Estate LLC (SRE) is an opportunistic real estate investment firm that has deep experience executing complex transactions and unlocking embedded value through the ownership of properties, real estate loans and operating companies. SRE’s principals have executed over $2.5 billion of investments. SRE focuses on maximizing risk-adjusted returns through investments in both debt and equity across all major asset classes including office, retail, hotel and multifamily, in addition to secondary real estate asset classes such as student housing and senior housing.

About Avison Young
    Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,400 real estate professionals in 79 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties. For additional information about Avison Young, visit avisonyoung.com.

$130 million! Good for OKC as it will raise the ad valorem tax basis significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    $130 million! Good for OKC as it will raise the ad valorem tax basis significantly.
    Right, was only being taxed at $80 million.

Taco Mayo & Jimmy's Egg wrapping up:

The new owners are announcing a new name for the Outlet Shoppes this afternoon.

Announced at nation retail convention in Vegas the new name is simply 'OKC Outlets'.

How anti-climatic.

I believe this is part of a much bigger effort to update and expand the center.

Hopefully they'll announce some new tenants soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    How anti-climatic.
    It does appear that their is little creativity in naming streets, venues or anything else in Oklahoma city.

I don't care about names so much, but that is rather lame. But what I look at is all of that available land around the mall. That's a lot of land that could and should be used for expansion. Preferable more retail and not restaurants.

20. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    It does appear that their is little creativity in naming streets, venues or anything else in Oklahoma city.
    Yeah, 'cause they do such a much better job at this in other cities. C'mon, man. We just suck at everything, right? Tired of this.

+1

I would love to see the new owners ban tobacco use from the OKC Outlets since it is the main reason that I avoid shopping there.

23. Default Re: Outlet Shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Yeah, 'cause they do such a much better job at this in other cities. C'mon, man. We just suck at everything, right? Tired of this.
    Agreed. I mean we can't all have Texas' Tanger Outlet Center, right? lol

According to their website directory, an ECCO store has opened or is opening as well as Russell Stover.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    According to their website directory, an ECCO store has opened or is opening as well as Russell Stover.
    That's good, the Russell Stover's on May is always hard to get into.

Thread Information