Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: West Village

Default Re: West Village

Reminder that this is Arrive Architecture, the same group that designed Maywood II.

I wonder if they are going to paint these garages where they are not bricked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I wonder if they are going to paint these garages where they are not bricked ?
    Yes, the concrete will be painted but I don't think either is going to have any more brick than what you already see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Reminder that this is Arrive Architecture, the same group that designed Maywood II.
    Didn't realize. That would have set my expectations low from the onset. Oops.

Overall I'm pleased with the development, but the ugly parking garage looming over everything is a real downer.

HangryHippo Guest

I’m disappointed as I expected the rest of the development to exhibit the same attention to detail as the Jones, but that just isn’t the case.

This development is terrible! I just drove past it and there are the ugliest yellow colors on these buildings. The design is not meant for downtown okc, it looks like it belongs in the suburbs. I can’t even explain how terrible this looks. What kind of firm is this?!?

Am I missing something? Are you referring to the Maywood or West Village? I don't recall yellow on any of the buildings in West Village.

Let us remember that DDRC did approve Maywood 1, which has no commercial uses within the entire building. It could be much worse. This will forever baffle me.

This shows the commercial space they have for lease. Looks like the building at Classen & Main will now not have any at all.

I believe they are trying to find a restaurant for the 3,646 SF space in Building D; the 3,400 SF in Building C would be for small office space from what I understand.

The lights across the street will be a nice touch. Hopefully there will be a restaurant in that corner space as the other retail spaces don’t look like they are deep enough.

About the parking garage, from Lackmeyer's chat:

Andy Burnett, part of the development group, says the garage will have metal mesh on the edges and the facade will be covered with signage for retail tenants and a mix of Boston and English ivy.

Yea hopefully that actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    About the parking garage, from Lackmeyer's chat:

Andy Burnett, part of the development group, says the garage will have metal mesh on the edges and the facade will be covered with signage for retail tenants and a mix of Boston and English ivy.
    That would be the garage on the far west end, along Classen.

What about the Okla Clutch Supply across the street from The Jones? Any plans in place for it?

Quote Originally Posted by DammitDan View Post
    What about the Okla Clutch Supply across the street from The Jones? Any plans in place for it?
    Not yet. But just last week I took some photos of them clearing it out:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...89#post1025989

Why that awful yellow? Gosh this is bad.

I'm going to drive by later on. If I remember correctly from the last time, the light yellow is a layer of insulation. The darker yellow looks to be the finish siding. Maybe I have it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I'm going to drive by later on. If I remember correctly from the last time, the light yellow is a layer of insulation. The darker yellow looks to be the finish siding. Maybe I have it backwards.
    You're correct, the bright yellow is insulation. They only have the finishing siding on part of the east facing side of the building. But I believe the final color of the siding will be white.

In my eyes the yellows are dreadful. I mean this design looks like something meant for a suburb, not downtown OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    In my eyes the yellows are dreadful. I mean this design looks like something meant for a suburb, not downtown OKC.
    The yellow is not permanent... Just insulation.

Are you intentionally not reading any of the comments that address your concern?

I will add to the pile-on, since you failed to read. Its TEMPORARY!

Cool.

Thread Information