Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 252627282930

Thread: West Village

Default Re: West Village

That is great.

Jones Assembly needs something on its east wall, though. In that first picture the white nothingness dampens the effect of the rest of the decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That is great.

Jones Assembly needs something on its east wall, though. In that first picture the white nothingness dampens the effect of the rest of the decorations.
    Agreed. It’s just begging for a mural or creative artwork incorporating the windows

Blog Entries

I noticed new "West Village" neon signage on the west side of the NW-most building facing Classen the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Wasn’t there at one point something else going on the remaining concrete exposed on the parking garage?

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Wasn’t there at one point something else going on the remaining concrete exposed on the parking garage?
    Yes. When they commissioned the mural they stated the concrete would be covered in weathered metal.

Not sure if that is still the plan but the garage is otherwise complete.

Does anyone know if there will be anything across the street from West Village, it appears pretty dated and barren in contrast to the new developments taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be anything across the street from West Village, it appears pretty dated and barren in contrast to the new developments taking place.
    Which direction?

To the west -- on the other side of Classen -- nothing is in the works but entire area is starting to be bought up by developers.

I've always thought Main Street west of Classen would make a cool bar district similar to Sixth Street in Austin.

Which direction?

To the west -- on the other side of Classen -- nothing is in the works but entire area is starting to be bought up by developers.
    Are you aware of any efforts by the West Village group to acquire the Sonic to the south to expand their development? I know there were previous discussions that might not have gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Are you aware of any efforts by the West Village group to acquire the Sonic to the south to expand their development? I know there were previous discussions that might not have gone too far.
    Yes. They have been working on it for a long time. Hall Cap recently bought the building that has Flashback, Golden Hour and Sanctuary and they own several properties to the south as well as the former Oklahoma Clutch building between Sanctuary and Sonic.

Yes. They have been working on it for a long time. Hall Cap recently bought the building that has Flashback, Golden Hour and Sanctuary and they own several properties to the south as well as the former Oklahoma Clutch building between Sanctuary and Sonic.
    I just noticed they bought it. The deed was signed December 3rd.

Plans to install a statue of Fred Jones on Main next to Building A, the last part of this project to be completed. This is where Fred Jones Dr. dead-ends at Main.

I believe tenants started moving into this last phase last week.

14. Default Re: West Village

I believe tenants started moving into this last phase last week.
    Yep... I've started noticing patio furniture on the balconies and blinds/curtains on the windows this week.

This project is pretty much complete.

Note the repaving of Main Street.

All these months I thought they were gonna put some type of cladding on the garage. I'm behind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    All these months I thought they were gonna put some type of cladding on the garage. I'm behind lol.
    That was mentioned when they commissioned the murals but it never happened.

It seems they are now completely finished.

Ok, the whole thing is a slam dunk even without it.

Pete, have you heard anything about “phase 2.” These owners bought the Sonic across the street? So this development should expand if that’s the case.

Blog Entries

In this post on Twitter by the city, it reads as though this portion of Main will have a protected bike lane. Just FYI regarding the Main St revamp.

https://twitter.com/cityofokc/status...927042/photo/1

#BikeMonthOKC is drawing to a close, but a lot of improvements for biking in #OKC are just around the corner. One of the first is a new protected bike lane on General Pershing from Lee to May west of downtown, funded by the #BetterSaferOKC sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    In this post on Twitter by the city, it reads as though this portion of Main will have a protected bike lane. Just FYI regarding the Main St revamp.

https://twitter.com/cityofokc/status...927042/photo/1
    I drive General Pershing about once a day and that is a good plan. Not a lot of traffic, but direct access from the fairgrounds to DT. My only fear is that they will change it once the ASTEC charter school opens up due to traffic trying to go through there.

22. Default Re: West Village

Pre-Covid there was talk of a record store going in here.... Anyone know if Covid derailed those plans completely?

Thread Information