Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: West Village

Default Re: Residences at 21c

A majority of the windows on the 4th floor have already been replaced with new windows. You can also see that framing and sheet rock have already been installed. The room framing started on the top floor and they worked their way down. 3rd floor looks like it's far along also. Excited for this project to open up, we will have a cool little block area with the hotel and music hall.

Blog Entries

I _thought_ they looked like new windows but I wasn't sure...

Any updates on this project as a whole? I drove by 21C thismorning and you can see where they've installed duct work, AC equipment, and are starting to frame the internal walls.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Any updates on this project as a whole? I drove by 21C thismorning and you can see where they've installed duct work, AC equipment, and are starting to frame the internal walls.
    21C Museum Hotel? It's being finished from the top down and work on the first floor is just getting started good. Most of the framing, drywall, HVAC is installed on 2 through 4 but there appears to still be plenty to do. I don't know when opening is planned but it will be awhile. Not 2015. Spring 2016 is probably optimistic IMO.

I was referring to the adjascent apartments and retail where the buildings were demoed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151202_083410.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	11879 seen this came out this morning, not quite sure if this is the same project or not.

^

It is.

You must have access to isqft!

Looks like the first phase of this project will be Building C, which will be directly south of the 21c Hotel.

I'm sure it's because the attached parking garage will be needed for the hotel.

They have Building C out to bid now.

This project makes me think of this

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    This project makes me think of this

"Welcome Home"

Will this be for-sale or for-rent housing?

Just got the full scoop on construction...

They will be starting in July and building out all parts of this at the same time.

The one exception is that Building B will only start after the Garage in C is complete. They will use the Building B lot as parking for 21c until Garage C is complete, which will take 10-11 months after starting in July. But, Building B is the smallest of the structures so it's expected everything will finish about the same time.

Construction duration for the entire project will be 26 months, which means a finish date of September of 2018.

This is going to be a massive construction site, especially since Jones Assembly will be going on at the same time. 21c should be open by the time they start.

That's going to be a HUGE construction site. Will be really amazing to watch it all come together at once, kind of like East Bricktown is doing right now. Will be a great site to fly some aerial drones in.

It's going to suck for the hotel but on the other hand, it will all be done at once and that entire area will be instantly transformed.

Can't wait!

The area is a bit derelict now, but if I was a betting man, I would bet on the area. It will soon be dramatically transformed in the best way. Lots of momentum and this development is one of those "game changers" for an entire area.

I was wondering about this the other day when I went to check out how progress was going at BOK Park Plaza. Can't wait to see this get underway! Imagine the possibilities of this entire area developing over the coming decade!

Pete did you get all that from the pre-bid video?

Pete,

Steve has a full article in the paper about this project. Do you have the renderings and other info on this?

There was no new info in his article today other than asking for $4 million in TIF funds; and in fact did not have the detail of the construction timeline I outlined above.

There were only two new renderings but they were both just different perspectives of Building D of what has already been posted.

21. Default Re: Residences at 21c

Also they will continue the Film Row streetscaping down Main and Sheridan; I dont think that was previously reported.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^

It was shown in all the plans.

They really don't have much choice, as they are reworking entire blocks.

23. Default Re: Residences at 21c

I was just thinking about this project this morning, and though everyone has already said how big of an impact this will be, when I finally just sat down and thought about all the changes that are planned I was kind of mind blown. This is seriously going to be a game changer for west downtown. The area is so run down right now and will be completely transformed by multiple projects.

24. Default Re: Residences at 21c

add to that the Sunshine Cleaners renovation - which is why I (and likely Pete) said the TIF arrangement was appropriate for it. This is the creation of a district and actually an extension of Film Row all the way to Classen; so it makes sense for the city to pull out all stops to remove blight PARTICULARLY since THIS residential development will likely be higher end which would be more difficult to sell if blight was allowed to remain so close.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I was just thinking about this project this morning, and though everyone has already said how big of an impact this will be, when I finally just sat down and thought about all the changes that are planned I was kind of mind blown. This is seriously going to be a game changer for west downtown. The area is so run down right now and will be completely transformed by multiple projects.
    It really is, when I was working on quotes on this job going through the plans and seeing all the changes, it's a huge development.

Thread Information