Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: West Village

Default Re: West Village

Water is in the roof-top pool. They still plan to move the first tenants into that particular building before the end of the year.

2. Default Re: West Village

Its unbelievable how much this area has changed in such a short time. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Its unbelievable how much this area has changed in such a short time. Unbelievable.
    Absolutely. And it makes the Sonic and Taco Bell feel more out of place everyday. I wish those properties could be re-developed.

^

Reminder that that Taco Bell was just completely rebuilt. I doubt either of those places are going anywhere.

Blog Entries

Taco Bell property was purchased a short while back by an out of town owner who doesn’t appear to be into development, urbanism or the such.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Reminder that that Taco Bell was just completely rebuilt. I doubt either of those places are going anywhere.
    Maybe someone could talk them into the first great Taco Bell patio! They could add beer and extend the patio towards Sheridan to better fit in the neighborhood. One can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Maybe someone could talk them into the first great Taco Bell patio! They could add beer and extend the patio towards Sheridan to better fit in the neighborhood. One can dream, right?
    Either way, it will kill it when all the people leave Jones Assembly or the surrounding areas drunk/tipsy and have the munchies.

I love the little traffic circle on Fred Jones.

That Sonic and Taco Bell are going to make so much money with all those new residents on-hand.

Hall Capital attempted to purchase the Taco Bell and Sonic properties but the owners would not budge on selling.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I love the little traffic circle on Fred Jones.
    I don't think that is a traffic circle, looks to me pavers or something for decorative purposes

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I don't think that is a traffic circle, looks to me pavers or something for decorative purposes
    In the picture I'd swear there's a curb around it sticking up compared to the surrounding pavement, but I could be seeing something wrong.

Yes, just pavers in the street. To the right (east) is the in/out of a parking garage. The other direction is the alley between Jones and 21c.

Blog Entries

That RFP also confirms the exterior surfaces of the garage are not yet complete:

Quote Originally Posted by http://downtownokc.com/west-village-rfp/
    *Artists should note that the above unmarked areas of the garage (outside mural area) will be covered by corten steel. Artists should consider this in their proposals.

The plan is to move in the first residents on Nov. 15th.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Great idea for Taco Bell about the patio and addition of beer to the menu. I frequent that Taco Bell drive thru whenever downtown; there is still a vagrant concern with the City Rescue Mission, Jesus House, Salvation Army & Grace Rescue Mission in the area. Taco Bell employees are often seen visibly channeling these poor souls off the property. The homeless Day Shelter (4th & Penn) does provide some cover.

Tthese poor souls aren't equipped for permanent employment or hold down a temporary job. Some are vets on a waiting list for housing with obvious PTSD concerns; SNAP Food Stamps application assistance is provided by the Shelters.

Some are waiting for Veterans Disability. North Care Mental Health Counseling (General Pershing Blvd west of State Fair Park recently built their newest facility. Just up the street (10th & Penn) is the mammoth Salvation Army Center with an alcohol treatment center across Penn on N.W. 7th. Oklahoma City's core is inundated with these help centers in walking distance of downtown. Collectively, the shelters do an outstanding job providing services for their clients; a very generous community.

There are tent villages throughout our core; many hidden by the trees and creeks that align major streets.

17. Default Re: West Village

sadly, this is a common sight in major cities throughout this country, and a lot of it has to do with funding cuts for mental health services at the federal level.

Drain the swamp - just made it more visible locally. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    sadly, this is a common sight in major cities throughout this country, and a lot of it has to do with funding cuts for mental health services at the federal level.

Drain the swamp - just made it more visible locally. ....
    It will be handled better locally anyway. (By local I mean city, no way state does much) That curse is somewhat of a blessing too.

19. Default Re: West Village

This is really shaping up nicely! It is really incredible how drastically this whole area has been transformed.

It's so strange to think about living in such a great place and unspeakable things are going on in a building 2 blocks away.

Like what?

I think unspeakable means it is classified. /s/

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    Like what?
    Maybe he's talking about the prison?

24. Default Re: West Village

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Maybe he's talking about the prison?
    Could be talking about my office.... I try not to speak of it most of the time.

^^^^Shhhhhhhh!!!!

Thread Information