Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
I know that project has had a lot of existing utilities in the way that have caused delays. From what I've been told on other projects, say they run into an AT&T fiber line, they have to wait for AT&T to go through the process of letting our a contract to relocate their lines, wait for that work to be completed, and then come back and start over.
I understand what you are saying. The movement of utilities play a huge factor. But this project has been going on for two years. Utility relocation was done, or should have been done a long time ago. I understand if something was missed and had to be addressed before construction continued, but there has been day after day of good weather with comparatively little work being done. I drive through there at least twice a day, and many days, there's no one even there working. In the time this project has been languishing along, Danforth/192nd from about 1/3 mile east of Western to Penn has been widened from 2 to 4 lanes. 178th from Penn to May has been widened from 2 to 4 lanes, both projects all in concrete I might add, and the SH 74 has gone from nothing to where it is now.