Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

LOVE the updates!

Lot 8 is under development and will be a Wendy's.
    Lot 1A has a LOI to be a Starbucks.

Car wash looks to be opening in the next month and Taco Bell should begin initial framing this week.

Any idea what the LOI may be for lot 13? Saw the framing did in fact start on the Taco Bell this week.

i can see Edmond and maybe even Guthrie having similar Growth to Frisco and Prosper TX Today in 10-20 years

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    i can see Edmond and maybe even Guthrie having similar Growth to Frisco and Prosper TX Today in 10-20 years
    Frisco and Prosper are reasonably well-planned, though. Meanwhile this development is getting built before Waterloo is widened or the I-35 interchange is improved, which feels like the opposite order of how things should go.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Frisco and Prosper are reasonably well-planned, though. Meanwhile this development is getting built before Waterloo is widened or the I-35 interchange is improved, which feels like the opposite order of how things should go.
    But "thats the way it's always been done". Instead of build and they will come, this area has always been if they come, we will get around to it. If the city planned ahead they'd had Kelly and Waterloo fixed up ahead of the last PGA visit to Oak Tree or they would have already had Covell done instead of just doing the 35 interchange and between Broadway and Santa Fe. Only making moves forward once traffic and growth have picked up enough to be a bigger inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    But "thats the way it's always been done". Instead of build and they will come, this area has always been if they come, we will get around to it. If the city planned ahead they'd had Kelly and Waterloo fixed up ahead of the last PGA visit to Oak Tree or they would have already had Covell done instead of just doing the 35 interchange and between Broadway and Santa Fe. Only making moves forward once traffic and growth have picked up enough to be a bigger inconvenience.
    Exactly this. Coming here from the Dallas area 24 years ago I noticed this right away. It's not just Edmond, it's all of Oklahoma. Tulsa also is awful. Edmond is awful. I will have to say hat's off to OKC for the NW sides of the city like Penn and May Avenues. Edmond could totally get ahead of it if they wanted. And yes, it's absolutely absurd that the city of Edmond, Oklahoma and Logan Counties can't get together and get Waterloo done up from 35 over to at least Broadway if not Kelly for Oak Tree. There's a lot of money to be made for those entities to get that roadway developed. There has got to be some sort of partnership there that can be made to get that done and get federal funds involved. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Exactly this. Coming here from the Dallas area 24 years ago I noticed this right away. It's not just Edmond, it's all of Oklahoma. Tulsa also is awful. Edmond is awful. I will have to say hat's off to OKC for the NW sides of the city like Penn and May Avenues. Edmond could totally get ahead of it if they wanted. And yes, it's absolutely absurd that the city of Edmond, Oklahoma and Logan Counties can't get together and get Waterloo done up from 35 over to at least Broadway if not Kelly for Oak Tree. There's a lot of money to be made for those entities to get that roadway developed. There has got to be some sort of partnership there that can be made to get that done and get federal funds involved. It's absurd.
    Just revisiting this as we came into the east side of Ft. Smith during a spring break trip. Noticed they are growing to the east and as we came into town it was through a sparsely developed area but the infrastructure was already in place with roadways mirroring the section of Covell between Broadway and Santa Fe. I'd be on board with a MAPS style tax to preemptively get that kind of infrastructure started ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yep. Definitely out of order but par for the course for development in Southern Logan County and Northern Oklahoma County.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
    Yep. Definitely out of order but par for the course for development in Southern Logan County and Northern Oklahoma County.
    The market is under no obligation to wait for city or governmental authorities to get things done. In fact, the market will do a great job of showing where these improvements are needed. Otherwise you could end up with a bunch of expensive roads and infrastructure that may take years before you see much development around, such as Covell and 35. Not saying the work the city has done on Covell is wrong. But it shows the city really really wanted Covell and 35 to be a hub of development well before the market decided it should be.

11. Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Reading all the (yes, l'm borrowing) nattering nabobs of negativism on this thread, including some of my own, can just be laughable but one truth is if the county/state were to proactively build access roads along l-35 up to Guthrie, you'd likely see rather fast commercial development all the way up. I believe one of the reasons it was slow to happen along l-35 to Norman is the idiotic design of the interaction of the highway with the 2-way access roads at intersections. They couldn't be more inefficient and now the state is spending millions redesigning and rebuilding in Edmond (and soon in Moore) to modernize them. Build normal 1-way access roads and rapid development will come.

But then the posters who'd be upset about unbridled sprawl and the destruction of forest would complain. Texas encourages sprawl. DFW is the poster-metro for urban sprawl which is partially a reason for it's economic success.

Which way do you want it?

^^ That's a great way to put it. Personally I like the sprawl. Maybe it's because I'm from Texas originally.

Economic success.

I much prefer suburban sprawl as well. I’m looking at moving out of urbanized areas I currently live in one of which is Hollywood. I’m over it. I can’t afford anything in the hills and the sprawl in Palm Springs and Orange County makes me much happier than being in dense urban cities like SF and LA or NYC. They’re cool but only to visit.

This project is now called The Landing at Waterloo.

Here is an updated site plan:

Looks like someone is proposing a truck stop across the street from this development on the Oklahoma County side of Waterloo. Pete - do you know which truck stop brand this would be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is 10 acres the size of a Bucee’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Looks like someone is proposing a truck stop across the street from this development on the Oklahoma County side of Waterloo. Pete - do you know which truck stop brand this would be?
    That document lists the owner as Neal Do of Do Holdings; OpenCorporates lists their principal business address as 4015 N. PENN SUITE C OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112 - which just so happens to also be the offices for eExpress.

Given that they're currently in the process of building a travel center / truck stop location in Moore, with amenities that closely match what's described in that planning commission notice, my gut says it's pretty likely eExpress is wanting to build here too.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    That document lists the owner as Neal Do of Do Holdings; OpenCorporates lists their principal business address as 4015 N. PENN SUITE C OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73112 - which just so happens to also be the offices for eExpress.

Given that they're currently in the process of building a travel center / truck stop location in Moore, with amenities that closely match what's described in that planning commission notice, my gut says it's pretty likely eExpress is wanting to build here too.
    Nice sleuthing

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post

Nice work, thanks for the info.

I believe this is the property. Must be under contract (no doubt contingent on rezoning) because eExpress does not own it:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe this is the property. Must be under contract (no doubt contingent on rezoning) because eExpress does not own it:

From what I am seeing on Nextdoor, it may be the property directly across from the new Taco Bell and Wendy’s.

Not big enough for a Bucee’s, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not big enough for a Bucee’s, huh?
    Don't need anymore Texas chains here. Go OnCue!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    From what I am seeing on Nextdoor, it may be the property directly across from the new Taco Bell and Wendy’s.
    I walked through the legal description of the property in your document via Google Earth, then verified via the Oklahoma County Assessor site - you are exactly correct. It's these two parcels:

Thread Information