Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

Cheaper land plus not too far to attract customers from Stillwater and Enid must be part of the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This would be perfect for a Bucee’s to anchor it. I personally don’t expect much more than a typical strip mall type development with a Walmart but I hope I’m wrong. ODOT REALLY needs to get on the ball with planning for a new freeway loop between Edmond and Norman connecting to SH-74. This entire area will be booming soon.
    ODOT needs to get on with improving the Waterloo interchange, which had it's design finished around 2014, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    ODOT needs to get on with improving the Waterloo interchange, which had it's design finished around 2014, IIRC.
    Agreed. Just a lack of funds. They need more funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    It's scheduled for next year. $41 million is one heck of an interchange. I believe it will be a DDI to boot.
    https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...ictokc_map.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    It's scheduled for next year. $41 million is one heck of an interchange. I believe it will be a DDI to boot.
    https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...ictokc_map.pdf
    Yeah, it was going to be the first DDI in Oklahoma, but I am pretty another ended up getting built before since it's been such a long gap from the design to construction. My college roommate was/is the lead engineer on the interchange design.

Still lots of dirt work and utilities being put into this site. I don't see it being as grand or walkable as those initial designs, but finally something for those of us who live in the area.

Did some digging after seeing a plat map with several LOI indicated. (I can try and go find this map for those interested.)
    It appears a Braum's, dental office and Warren dealership have actually paid for lots according to the Logan County Assessor website.

Walkable!? Lolololllol. You do realize this is Logan county right? Let’s just hope they merely place sidewalks along the feeder roads which I’d be surprised if they even do that. I’m hoping they at least landscape the development. I’d really like to know what’s going on. Go ahead and give Logan county a call and let me know how that goes. They were rude with me.

I think I’m gonna grab a hard hat and a reflective vest and just walk around the construction site and see if I can locate a supervisor and ask what they’re building. Maybe I’ll get lucky and he’ll tell me without trespassing me.

I was referencing those initial grand designs with the fountain, heavily landscaped, etc. renderings. Definitely not going to be that!
    Not sure how they are even going to handle sewage. I've only seen the water lines they brought down and into the site from Sooner Rd. ��*♂️

I have also thought of stopping and asking. Not sure if the construction workers would share either? I often see them eat at the food truck across the street (Bertha's Kitchen).

I cannot imagine the amount of money the developer has already spent on prepping the site! It would cost a fortune to move as much earth as they have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I was referencing those initial grand designs with the fountain, heavily landscaped, etc. renderings. Definitely not going to be that!
    Not sure how they are even going to handle sewage. I've only seen the water lines they brought down and into the site from Sooner Rd. ��*♂️

I have also thought of stopping and asking. Not sure if the construction workers would share either? I often see them eat at the food truck across the street (Bertha's Kitchen).
    Ah yes I remember that. It would be nice to see that happen.

This would be the perfect site for a Buc-ee’s.

Default Re: Waterloo and I-35

Clearing continues and this space is getting very large. Also have the first building starting to come up. Anyone know what Jack's is that is being constructed?
    PXL_20221211_173922544.jpg

I definitely don't want the traffic that comes with a Buc-ee's, but would love to have one within a few miles!

I noticed they are moving quickly on a car wash — Jack's Car Wash. I have found no website or other information related to this specific brand. However, the land is owned by DBBB Investments, LLC. The address for this LLC is also the address for a home owned by Brent Amaya in Edmond. Brent is a dentist in Edmond and owns Modern Dental.

Any chance Pete or someone could get another aerial photo? They have cleared quite a bit more land over the last two months and added a few new roads and utilities. The picture from April is very outdated.

This is a Google image from 7/3/22. I'll try and get out there with my drone in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by juhobra View Post
    Clearing continues and this space is getting very large. Also have the first building starting to come up. Anyone know what Jack's is that is being constructed?
    PXL_20221211_173922544.jpg
    Jack's is a Car Wash. I posted in the "Other Communities" forum with a few other updates since this is outside of Oklahoma County/Edmond. We need an updated aerial. There has been a lot of additional clearing, roads and utilities put in since April.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Having a new Braum's with their mini market will be really nice for the area. There are slim pickin's in the grocery department all the way up here so that will be a nice place to make a quick run. As of now, there are no quick runs anywhere up here really.
    Braum's has purchased property in this development. According to county property records they own the SW corner lot on the first street by I-35.

The only other parcel with a different owner is the far north east parcel. It is apparently owned by A Warren Cat Dealer.
    I have heard they are working on the north area so they can begin building the apartment units.
    Going to be a very odd mix of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is a Google image from 7/3/22. I'll try and get out there with my drone in the near future.

Thanks, Pete!

I wish we could get more info out of them! As stated, they're "grumpy."

18. Default Re: Huge Mixed-Use Development for Waterloo Rd.

The one time I have had to deal with Logan County about something, they were completely unhelpful. They don't seem to like it when "outsiders" start asking them questions.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Jack's is a Car Wash. I posted in the "Other Communities" forum with a few other updates since this is outside of Oklahoma County/Edmond. We need an updated aerial. There has been a lot of additional clearing, roads and utilities put in since April.
    There were two separate threads which have now been merged to avoid confusion and duplication.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There were two separate threads which have now been merged to avoid confusion and duplication.
    Thanks, Pete! ❤️

I’ve always said that Waterloo Road is the new S 19th Street, right down to the inadequate I-35 interchange lol

I hear ABBA's Waterloo every time and that's not a bad thing for me.

That's been a lot of work for a car wash and a Braum's

Thread Information