Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamashii Ramen

1. Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Hopefully they plan to have more seating than that.
    That's all the seating I will need.... The rest of you will just have to stand and slurp.

Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    That's all the seating I will need.... The rest of you will just have to stand and slurp.
    At least we will not have to get a tetanus shot from sitting on that old rusty bench stool.

3. Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    At least we will not have to get a tetanus shot from sitting on that old rusty bench stool.
    HAHA...Fortunately I just had one in November 2014!

Getting a proper ramen-ya in this city makes me so excited! Kaiteki Ramen is good, but they only seem to serve one style... It will be nice to have multiple options! Is there any rough ETA on opening yet?

It shouldn't be much longer; if not mid to late April then early May.

Blog Entries

It's a shame they weren't able to pull it together in time for H&8 with as much that is going on tonight (including the law school and Jerky), so hopefully they can step it up and be ready in month for the next one. :-)

They've been hiring so they must be getting pretty close.

Just filed design plan for a great new patio, pergola and sign. Going to make a huge difference in that area.

YES! This is what I was talking about!

That looks awesome. Do you think they'll extend the seating all the way out or just under the pergola? We went from not having a lot of great patio options a year or two ago to having more than I can count.

I'm sure they'll have seating all the way to the sidewalk since that area be compacted crushed granite.

Probably lots of tables and umbrellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure they'll have seating all the way to the sidewalk since that area be compacted crushed granite.

Probably lots of tables and umbrellas.
    Awesome. Looks like it's going to be a crushed granite surface.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    that's the best way I can describe ramen that OKC folks will be familiar with (and can readily access). Of course, they are totally different but think of the preparation and quality along similar lines as pho/vietnamese with Chinese noodle and japanese preparation/ingredients.
    OKC already has official ramen experience with Kaiteki Ramen food truck. This is a nice addition of an actual ramen house where one can go sit inside and eat it.

Stoked on the patio; here's to hoping that the menu will adjust accordingly with the seasons (cold soba in the summer, yakitori/izakaya, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Andon View Post
    Stoked on the patio; here's to hoping that the menu will adjust accordingly with the seasons (cold soba in the summer, yakitori/izakaya, etc.)
    Yakitori would be awesome! There is a really great place in Toronto that I frequent.

Awesome looking patio! If it is executed right, this place could become a smash hit. Another fine addition to Midtown.

Gah, I need to move out of Yukon. We get excited out here about Buffalo Wild Wings opening up haha.

17. Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    OKC already has official ramen experience with Kaiteki Ramen food truck. This is a nice addition of an actual ramen house where one can go sit inside and eat it.
    good to hear metro.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

If you're not familiar with ramen, here's a comprehensive guide to the various dishes across Japan.

A Guide to the Regional Ramen of Japan | Lucky Peach

Is this place open yet? I heard they were going to open sometime this week? Anybody been by to see?

22. Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

I drove by a couple of days ago and there was a lot of activity. So they may be getting close.

They are having a soft opening tonight.

From https://twitter.com/ElwellEats:

They are open starting today 11:00-2:00 for lunch and 5:00-10:30 for dinner.

25. Default Re: Tamashii Ramen

I will be going by for lunch today.

Thread Information