Widgets Magazine
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15606162636465
Results 1,601 to 1,613 of 1613

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

1. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    ...I admit I kind of ignored the comedian and just enjoyed meeting up with a few friends I haven’t seen since the pandemic started and enjoying a few cold ones.
    I saw you stroll past when I was in the back talking to someone, and hoped to run into you to chat. But once St Vincent was on I was doing my best to rail grab up front. What a tremendous show.

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I saw you stroll past when I was in the back talking to someone, and hoped to run into you to chat. But once St Vincent was on I was doing my best to rail grab up front. What a tremendous show.
    Darnit. Would have been great to catch up!

The War On Drugs on September 21st. HUGE GET. Probably the best rock band going these days.

It is always a drug against war.

Awesome

6. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

I’ve never been to a show here, but want to go see Interpol on September 10. There are two options: general admission and premium balcony. Can someone who has been to the venue tell me if the balcony is actually better in terms of view and sound?

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I’ve never been to a show here, but want to go see Interpol on September 10. There are two options: general admission and premium balcony. Can someone who has been to the venue tell me if the balcony is actually better in terms of view and sound?
    Yes, been to many, many shows there and we prefer the balcony (it's not always open, but we get up there when we can). Absolutely hate the seating, though, when it's a seated show, had that for Lindsey Buckingham and might never do a seated show there again.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I will also be going to that show!

Personally, I strongly prefer general admission. You can get there early or just be intent on getting to the front and thus not only be more enveloped by the show but generally be surrounded by people who share your enthusiasm for the band.

The balcony is all seated and not as close as you can get as GA. So, it depends on how much you want to be right in the action. Personally, I find the casual concert goer annoying in the extreme when I really care about an act. A lot of talking, texting, etc.

As I recall, bar access is easy in the balcony but I'm one of those people who want to get right up front and stay put, so I just buy a beer or two and don't leave after.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I will also be going to that show!

Personally, I strongly prefer general admission. You can get there early or just be intent on getting to the front and thus not only be more enveloped by the show but generally be surrounded by people who share your enthusiasm for the band.

The balcony is all seated and not as close as you can get as GA. So, it depends on how much you want to be right in the action. Personally, I find the casual concert goer annoying in the extreme when I really care about an act. A lot of talking, texting, etc.

As I recall, bar access is easy in the balcony but I'm one of those people who want to get right up front and stay put, so I just buy a beer or two and don't leave after.
    Is the seating in the balcony just for "premium balcony" shows? Every time we've been in the balcony and it's not "premium", everybody's standing on bleachers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Is the seating in the balcony just for "premium balcony" shows? Every time we've been in the balcony and it's not "premium", everybody's standing on bleachers.
    It depends on the show, but I think they do it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It depends on the show, but I think they do it both ways.
    Interesting. We've never done "premium balcony", we just get GA tickets and go upstairs if it's open (and yes, I agree there are more a**holes up there that want to see and be seen than just listen to the music than downstairs), and are downstairs if it's not. And to clarify my seating comment above, that was floor seating, not balcony seating, I don't think they opened the balcony for Lindsey Buckingham.

So, my husband is a huge YES fan and they are at the Criterion tonight. I know, it's not the real YES, but Steve Howe. Tons of tickets left. Do they ever mark them down before shows that have low sales? Where is the best place to sit sound-wise??

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    So, my husband is a huge YES fan and they are at the Criterion tonight. I know, it's not the real YES, but Steve Howe. Tons of tickets left. Do they ever mark them down before shows that have low sales? Where is the best place to sit sound-wise??
    I think sometimes they do 50% off, but not sure how/when they decide.

I hated the seated show I went to, it just wasn't comfortable due to the seats in one row all being connected to each other and they're on the smallish side (had to deal with a manspreader on one side during the whole show, argh). Having said that, section B on the floor or BB/CC upstairs would be best, since the sound under the balcony on the floor isn't great.

Thread Information