Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1613

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Oklahoma's EDM scene is actually very popular. Subsonix is the local promoter here, and they book (often sold out) shows in both OKC and Tulsa. Farmers Market is the primary spot for the OKC shows, but they also have a hand in the Lost Lakes Amphitheater and for smaller house shows, Tower Theater. If that group was somehow able to get access to The Criterion, there could be some major EDM names that would come through here. Like I mentioned above, Bomb Factory in Deep Ellum is nearly a carbon-copy of Criterion and their calendar is packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Bomb Factory in Deep Ellum is nearly a carbon-copy of Criterion and their calendar is packed.
    Sigh... They have Interpol and Death Cab for Cutie in just the next few months, plus lots of other good shows.

At least the Jones and Tower are more than pulling their weight but between the Criterion, Bricktown Events Center and Farmer's Market, OKC has 3 great live music venues that basically sit empty 98% of the time.

And a local population virtually starving for things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with EDM and house music, but my understanding is that the Farmers Market has some good shows coming up in those genres.
    Yeah, I'm going to see Seven Lions with MitiS and Jason Ross there on October 17. It will be my first time in the Farmers Market venue and I'm excited for both that and the show... OKC doesn't often see many of the more well-known EDM acts come through. A listing of most of the upcoming EDM shows in the state can be found, among other places, on EDMTrain: https://edmtrain.com/oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Like I mentioned above, Bomb Factory in Deep Ellum is nearly a carbon-copy of Criterion and their calendar is packed.
    It's actually not that packed. At least not as much as I expected before I looked, but at least they don't seem to go dark for more than about a week. That's basically what I expected from Criterion when it was announced: about a show a week on average, supplemented with smaller events and private parties. They literally have nothing on the calendar until October 10th. I mean, Artic Monkeys is a good get, but wow, that's a lot of nothin'.

Stryper played at the Diamond in 2016, I think it was. They are doing a tour this year, would love to see them play at the Criterion some time!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    Stryper played at the Diamond in 2016, I think it was. They are doing a tour this year, would love to see them play at the Criterion some time!
    You can see them, just not at the Criterion! Just announced:

Stryper
    Diamond Ballroom
    October 14, 2018 7:30 PM

The calendar on the Criterion site says they have NO events scheduled for August or September...is that really true??

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post
    The calendar on the Criterion site says they have NO events scheduled for August or September...is that really true??
    I can't access Twitter right now but they recently posted something along the lines of: "We miss you OKC. When are we going to see each other again?" I started cracking up. Kind-of on you, Criterion, wouldn't you say? I can't tell if its an admission that they're not booking anything or if they're blind to the fact that their lack of bookings is abnormal.

9. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

I know they announced a couple of shows recently but it wasn't anything I wanted to see so the dates slip my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I can't access Twitter right now but they recently posted something along the lines of: "We miss you OKC. When are we going to see each other again?" I started cracking up. Kind-of on you, Criterion, wouldn't you say? I can't tell if its an admission that they're not booking anything or if they're blind to the fact that their lack of bookings is abnormal.
    they also posted that on Instagram. I was reading the responses and criterion was responding t them.. until someone said.. " we are seeing Killer queen there".. .ummm

Was browsing http://oklahomarock.com/shows and saw these in Tulsa that I thought would've been great if they were at the Criterion:

The Roots
    The Decemberists
    Borns w/ Twin Shadow
    Emmylou Harris
    Gary Clark Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    NOW we're talking!!

Huge get.

14. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

go figure I have a wedding in dallas that night. Been wanting to see them for a long time

Blog Entries

They're also playing at Cain's in Tulsa on a different night...

They are up to 10 events for 2019. Is that really good?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Better than they've been doing, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    pretty much everyone has voiced how low their booking rate is and no 19 shows isn't good. The latest posts were just saying the Death Cab was a good get.
    I think everyone agrees they need more

Odd mix for upcoming shows in 2019 - all rap or folk/country except for 1 comedian, 1 R&B/Soul, and 1 pop/rock.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...each-nightclub

New booking agent picked up The Criterion. They formerly booked for The Norva in Norfolk, VA and The National in Richmond, VA. Both are really great venues that book tons of great shows, on par (and sometimes better) with Cain’s offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRyan View Post
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...each-nightclub

New booking agent picked up The Criterion. They formerly booked for The Norva in Norfolk, VA and The National in Richmond, VA. Both are really great venues that book tons of great shows, on par (and sometimes better) with Cain’s offerings.
    Good to hear. Probably anybody could do better than the previous booking agent (before the Criterion they did the Wormy Dog which wasn't exactly a draw for world-class shows).

^^^ I think it was the same group that failed miserably for the Tower before getting kicked out of there, they really shouldn't be in the booking business. Very good to hear about the new group, wondered about one of the shows saying "Knitting Factory Presents", thought that was interesting, didn't know they did anything besides NYC...

Cool. Original Knitting Factory on Houston used to be my hang.

Hozier announced today. so perhaps this new booking agency is gonna come through

I bought tickets for Citizen Cope at the Diamond... I’m not a a fan of that venue... It’s a shame it wasn’t booked at the Criterion.

Thread Information