Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Teemco

1. Default Re: Exclusive Report: Troubled times at TEEMCO

FWIW, workers have been scurrying all over the roof of the dome all day today. I think they are putting up Christmas lights.

2. Default Re: Exclusive Report: Troubled times at TEEMCO

Explains why they still have stuff at football games too. At least OU is smart and made them pay upfront for at least part of it....but they wont' get another year out of it.

How is the IRS not on them so hard that they're not closed already!?

Default Re: Exclusive Report: Troubled times at TEEMCO

I've talked to people at the IRS and the FBI about this situation.

Obviously, neither will comment if there is an on-going investigation or what the status may be.

However, my contact at the FBI told me that in the case of white collar crime, they move very slowly, taking time to observe and collect as much information as possible. He said such matters often take a year or more to move to the prosecution phase

In case of the IRS, I was told the only time they shut down a business is when the business activity itself is illegal. Otherwise, they actually want the business to continue to operate as it's the only hope of them receiving any part of the money they are owed.

I would not assume that since their doors are still open that everything is fine.

Default Re: TEEMCO implicated in massive tax evasion scheme

Whatever happened to this story and the theft of social security funds by this criminal enterprise?

I know they have been reported to the proper authorities but the government will not comment on any investigation or if there is even one underway.

You usually don't hear about these things until charges are filed and that can take time.

They introduced the CEO on-field at the football game this past weekend in Norman, for their 'sponsorship' of the game.

I boo'ed in his general direction.

I did notice the Christmas lights are on the dome.

And they somehow sponsored the Bedlam trophy.

Yeah saw their sponsorship everywhere for Bedlam, kind of weird considering......

10. Default Re: TEEMCO implicated in massive tax evasion scheme

They had a crew of Teemco employees out there yesterday putting up Christmas decorations like nothing has ever happened. They looked like they were going all out.

Has anyone notice TEEMCO advertising at Thunder games this year?

I know there was a bunch last year and they signed a multi-year sponsorship deal.

12. Default Re: Exclusive Report: Troubled times at TEEMCO

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I know there was a bunch last year and they signed a multi-year sponsorship deal.
    I have not noticed them at Thunder games but I have seen their advertising at the LNC for OU basketball games.

Yes, their OU / Bedlam sponsorship has been running since the fall.

Seems like the Thunder stuff may have stopped at the end of last season.

Not at all.

I saw a TEEMCO ad at a thunder game very early in the season. Remember explaining to my wife how they were a sketchy establishment

more interesting news to come soon

It seems that, as per Brianna's article, they are still insisting they will be OK and they are continuing with their plans.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/539...rice%20decline

Despite a new round of financial problems, Edmond-environmental engineering firm TEEMCO said it still plans to move into Oklahoma City’s Gold Dome building later this month.

TEEMCO CEO Greg Lorson said that although lower crude prices have hit the company hard, the company still plans to move about 40 employees into the Gold Dome at the end of February.

“When times are tough financially, it’s not usual for us to be behind on some bills, but we plan to pay them,” Lorson said.

Tommy Garrison, a property manager for Gold Dome owner David Box, said the building is still under contract to TEEMCO.

“TEEMCO is still communicating with us and we’re still working with them,” Garrison said. “They have worked on the interior of the building and they are very close to having it ready to move in.”

I have to laugh at the title of that article. I doubt there was much of Teemco before oil prices even decline.

Are they even doing these days besides shifting debt around?

They have unpaid bills that are almost a year past due and have been bouncing checks (including payroll) for years -- has absolutely nothing to do with the price of oil.

All the debt mentioned in my last article (and previous ones) started to pile up before oil prices dropped.

Remember, the CEO previously blamed the old CFO for their "financial stress" but now that he's no longer a scapegoat (he left last year) they have to come up with a new excuse.

Also, just last month their top salesperson -- sold the huge majority of their new accounts -- left for a competitor.

TEEMCO still had advertising at Lloyd Noble last night for the game.

They've been advertising at OU all year.

I believe they pre-paid one year of their sponsorship deal. But they are gone from Channel 9, Remington Park, the Zoo Amphiteater, and seemingly The Thunder.

They had signed multi-year sponsorships with all.

Back in September, I found out my neighbor worked for them. He mentioned their old CFO ran off with a lot of their money or something. If I see him around, I will ask about them.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Back in September, I found out my neighbor worked for them. He mentioned their old CFO ran off with a lot of their money or something. If I see him around, I will ask about them.
    The "CFO stole money" line has been used by their CEO many times yet no charges have ever been filed.

They have unpaid bills that are almost a year past due and have been bouncing checks (including payroll) for years -- has absolutely nothing to do with the price of oil.

How do they still have anybody left working for them if they keep bouncing payroll checks? I would leave as soon as I could after the first one bounced!

Thread Information